lappinitup

*****Official Match Thread v Nottm Forest*****

3 hours ago, overthebordercanary said:

great result but god grief the referee was abysmal 13 fouls by Forest to only 6 from us and we get the only yellow card. How on earth that James Garner stayed on the pitch i don't know.

Absolutely - I was saying this in the main match thread - He'd have been sent off at least twice if it had been a Premier League game. 

EDIT: This IS the main match thread - doh.

Edited by Thirsty Lizard

It's really because we originally wore sky blue and white and called ourselves The Citizens....

6 hours ago, AJ said:

Cracking performance all round. Did the hard work in the first 20 then kept the ball well for the rest of the half and we should have been 3 up for Dowell missing a 1 on 1. 

It was McLean. 

• Like 1

In related news, the Forest fans are not happy with Chris Hughton and how he sets his team up and the style of football they serve up, and how he always praises the opposition and (you know the rest).................

1 hour ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

In related news, the Forest fans are not happy with Chris Hughton and how he sets his team up and the style of football they serve up, and how he always praises the opposition and (you know the rest).................

Indeed! but what set-up do Forest fans think could have remotely been effective against City on this form? I'm beginning to wonder whether Farke has unlocked the secrets of telepathy; it's the only plausible explanation for how our players find each other with such speed and accuracy in their sublime passing and movement.

3 hours ago, Fuzzar said:

It was McLean. 

Ah, makes a lot more sense now! Mrs was watching TV so didn't have the comms on and there was no replay obviously

1 hour ago, horsefly said:

Indeed! but what set-up do Forest fans think could have remotely been effective against City on this form? I'm beginning to wonder whether Farke has unlocked the secrets of telepathy; it's the only plausible explanation for how our players find each other with such speed and accuracy in their sublime passing and movement.

We were in top form and seem to get better and better, but Forest were very poor. Whenever we play the first thing I do is look at what the opposition do - and Forest were so half hearted in their pressing, but weren't getting enough players behind the ball when we had it, it was clear that we were going to have space to play. The last time I saw that so clearly was when Newcastle turned up at Carrow Rd and we blew them away. The previous time to that was against QPR and we blew them away 4-0.  Most times we get the better of teams anyway, but those that don't have a clear plan are pretty much cannon fodder. 

The quality of what we saw in that first half was so good it would have blown most teams away, but Forest were out of their depth anyway. It was quite funny near the end of the match when we were clearly just trying to run time down by passing it around - a couple of times, every single Forest player was just standing still - worn out, mentally unable to deal with us and if we had decided to be as open amd expansive as had been in the first half, we could have had a cricket score.  Good game management though as we were able to conserve some energy for Saturday.

Just what I thought was happening in the second half, energy conservation with an eye on Saturday.. They had at least two gears in reserve should they have needed them. Total team performance.

15 hours ago, Parma Ham's gone mouldy said:

@nutty nigel Best half  of football I have ever seen from any Norwich side ever.

Parma 

It was very, very good but we were playing a very poor team. The first half(s) against both Newcastle and Man City last season were better, and if you go back further there were a number in the 1980s and 1990s, most notably Bayern Munich away....