lappinitup

*****Official Match Thread v Nottm Forest*****

Just now, Foxy2600 said:

Quite happy to be taken down but if we only score one more point, we are in the playoffs.....MaffematicMalky...

Play-Offs?

I couldn't handle that amount of stress again. We're going up as Champions!

I can now understand why Pep likes to relax watching us...☺️

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Hughton will be pleased with the 0-0 in the second half.

You jest, but we all know he actually will. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, BigManInTheBarclay said:

They seemed to give up about 10mins into the 2nd half!

If the ref had offered to end the game Forest would have taken it . When the ball went out of play they all looked beaten. 

• Like 1

great result but god grief the referee was abysmal 13 fouls by Forest to only 6 from us and we get the only yellow card. How on earth that James Garner stayed on the pitch i don't know.

Edited by overthebordercanary
spelling mistake
  • Like 3

Has there ever been a more assured 2-0 victory in Norwich history?

We look incredibly confident, and able to turn it on at will. I'm very cautious in general but it's difficult not to believe we are almost there now.

Also, the best chance Forest had tonight came from an absolutely blatant foul on Rupp. I have no idea how Forest avoided any yellow cards, but even with some weak refereeing we were pretty untouchable tonight.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BigManInTheBarclay said:

Play-Offs?

I couldn't handle that amount of stress again. We're going up as Champions!

I was In Düsseldorf the night of our European Journey. That night was indelible on my football supporting life. Seriously, Alex, Mugglesboro and and a couple of stolen tickets at Wemberley - priceless !!! 

• Like 1

Near perfect performance - start quickly, blitz them and then keep them at arms length whilst still creating enough to have won by 4 or 5.  Their only real chance came from the most blatant of free kicks that the ref missed.
My only negative comment is that we seem to get booked for a ‘first foul’ yet sides we are playing seem to be able to commit them at will with no card....most weird.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Rupp motm for me.

Cantwell by a mile. Great ability to control a ball and find space. Plenty of energy over the whole 90 mins.

• Like 2

We should have worn orange bibs. 

Todd was my MOTM just ahead of Rupp. That lad has got so much running in him we should nickname him Forest (sorry) Gump. And is there anything that would make Ollie panic?

Pitch helped us a lot tonight as well. Back to passing and knowing it will stay on line.

Some wag says we should add a W in our name every time we win so its NorWWWWWWWWWich City!🕺🕺🕺🕺

1 minute ago, ron obvious said:

BBC report described us as 'sublime'  😊

It must be sheer hell for Binners supporters living through times like these

• Haha 5

Cracking performance all round. Did the hard work in the first 20 then kept the ball well for the rest of the half and we should have been 3 up for Dowell missing a 1 on 1. 

Second half was a lot harder, but we never looked troubled. What a revolution Gibson is at the back to instill calm and take the pressure of the midfield, with a much improved Hanley beside him this season. Dimi has slotted in nicely and Skipp continues to deliver 110% every game. What a mighty monster of a team we have, and all that tonight without Buendia!

• Like 1

Forest were pretty crap overall, I certainly expected a lot more of a difficult game, but we were absolutely phenomenal at times tonight. So fluid and purposeful on the ball and had complete control from the 1st minute. Two superb goals as well. The way we defended and managed the game in the second half was excellent as always.

Man of the match for me was probably Rupp. I haven't actually been convinced by him in the number 10 and the last 2 games I've been advocating Mario to come back in, but he was brilliant today. 2 assists obviously and so many superb passes and through balls that were cutting Forest to pieces. Special mention to Dowell obviously for the fantastic goal and much improved performance. I also thought Giannoulis didn't put a single foot wrong. From what we've seen so far £6m looks like a bargain to me.

Need 6 wins from our final 9 games to reach 100 points, 8 out of 9 to match the points total. Can't remember the last time I felt this relaxed and calm coming towards the end of a season.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pukki Blinders said:

Forest were pretty crap overall, I certainly expected a lot more of a difficult game, but we were absolutely phenomenal at times tonight. So fluid and purposeful on the ball and had complete control from the 1st minute. Two superb goals as well. The way we defended and managed the game in the second half was excellent as always.

Man of the match for me was probably Rupp. I haven't actually been convinced by him in the number 10 and the last 2 games I've been advocating Mario to come back in, but he was brilliant today. 2 assists obviously and so many superb passes and through balls that were cutting Forest to pieces. Special mention to Dowell obviously for the fantastic goal and much improved performance. I also thought Giannoulis didn't put a single foot wrong. From what we've seen so far £6m looks like a bargain to me.

Need 6 wins from our final 9 games to reach 100 points, 8 out of 9 to match the points total. Can't remember the last time I felt this relaxed and calm coming towards the end of a season.

The difference between Rupp and Vrancic in the #10 slot is fairly big - Vrancic is more likely to set one up with flicks or a really incisive ball, but he lacks a yard of pace. Rupp's definitely got a fair bit of zip on him, and he's faster tracking back as well. That said, for a player who's mainly more about telling forward balls than rapier ones, he was finding them tonight.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Well that was very easy!

No. It wasn't. We made it look easy because we were exceptional. That was a highly professional performance of hard work and discipline.

• Like 1

No one in this league could have lived with us tonight. People being very harsh on Forest - they should have scored the free header, and if they had it might have been different, although I think we'd have just raised it another notch. Rupp and Cantwell were outstanding but no one was below an 8.5. The best performance of the season so far.

And Emi on the bench for Saturday......well, no one is getting dropped after that are they?