Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Forest away predictions

If Forest get the first goal it could be a long old evening, although you'd still fancy us to get at least a point unless they somehow manage to go 2-0 up. I'm going to say 2-0 Nodge, Pukki and Kenny.

I'm not usually too confident before games, but I just can't see us losing to a poor Forest team. Comfortable 2-0 win.

It hinges on the first goal and when it is scored.  City first its game over.  Forest first and its squeaky bum till the equaliser, pant wetting on the menu.  Whatever if Forest score it will be only one, rarely do City concede more than one and Forest not good enough to breach us twice.  However given our form it we start to play in first half a 2-0 on the cards.

Just don't concede the first, have conceded first in only 7 matches the 5 defeats and twice against Wednesday. I think lesson learned Sunday but if behind expect some panic. 

40 minutes ago, pete said:

It hinges on the first goal and when it is scored.  City first its game over.  Forest first and its squeaky bum till the equaliser, pant wetting on the menu.  Whatever if Forest score it will be only one, rarely do City concede more than one and Forest not good enough to breach us twice.  However given our form it we start to play in first half a 2-0 on the cards.

Just don't concede the first, have conceded first in only 7 matches the 5 defeats and twice against Wednesday. I think lesson learned Sunday but if behind expect some panic. 

I guess most of the squad will have their regulation issue of tenna pads in case we concede first

Chris H gets his teams well organised in defending (across the pitch) and I imagine that doing this tonight against us will have formed a big part, many hours, of his team's training exercises these last two days. It might be difficult for us to break them down. No Lolley for them tonight. He can be a pain and produces bits of quality.

I had a 1-1 pencilled in weeks ago but this team keeps surprising me with their desire to win. And now we know, with the finishing line in sight, the players want that title. So (and because it's a Hughton team), I'm changing my prediction to a 0-1. 🙂

2 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

It's a rare thing in Farke bingo these days.

We had some cake/cheesecake chat earlier in the week, which is always nice.

Then, to continue the sweet theme, he does love a 'Topic'.

Being 'hungry and greedy' is often a thing.

'Unbelievable' and 'unbelievably' make a regular appearance.

'Each and every' is another favourite.

He seems to have weaned himself off referring to the U23s as the 'young guns', and he also seems to have stopped saying 'I don't go too deep into it'.

Anything else we come across regularly on Farke bingo?

Considering how rarely I find myself using it as a native English speaker, he finds space for 'anyhow' quite often.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

It's a rare thing in Farke bingo these days.

We had some cake/cheesecake chat earlier in the week, which is always nice.

Then, to continue the sweet theme, he does love a 'Topic'.

Being 'hungry and greedy' is often a thing.

'Unbelievable' and 'unbelievably' make a regular appearance.

'Each and every' is another favourite.

He seems to have weaned himself off referring to the U23s as the 'young guns', and he also seems to have stopped saying 'I don't go too deep into it'.

Anything else we come across regularly on Farke bingo?

He always says we have to be 'concentrated' which I presume is referring to focus and concentration rather than physically occupying a smaller area. Someone should really explain to him that 'concentrated' is more likely to apply to a liquid than a football team and he should really use 'focussed' (or 'compact' depending on what he means).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Time for the lucky banana skin...

8DDFCE24-1F4C-4729-8643-7D7852B7AA08.jpeg

I love the phrase 'potential banana skin'; as if the banana skin is in a state of quantum flux between existing and not rather than just being an actual banana skin which has the potential to cause you to slip.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Yellow and Green Man said:

"Massive compliments to the lads on this topic"

Yes... "the lairds played really well... for the whole team"

1 minute ago, Petriix said:

I love the phrase 'potential banana skin'; as if the banana skin is in a state of quantum flux between existing and not rather than just being an actual banana skin which has the potential to cause you to slip.

Indeed.

Schroedinger would be so proud.

3 minutes ago, Petriix said:

I often have a “potential banana” for my lunch , and obviously dispose of the skin in a careful and considerate manner . 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Indeed.

Schroedinger would be so proud.

Its only a banana skin once it's been observed in action.

10 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

Considering how rarely I find myself using it as a native English speaker, he finds space for 'anyhow' quite often.

My family and I have tried to include a “topic for consideration” many times in conversation. It is extremely difficult . 

2-1 win. We will score first, forcing Forest to be more attacking giving us a second. With our constant attacking Forest will eventually manage to catch us out and score a consolation 

22 minutes ago, Petriix said:

He always says we have to be 'concentrated' which I presume is referring to focus and concentration rather than physically occupying a smaller area. Someone should really explain to him that 'concentrated' is more likely to apply to a liquid than a football team and he should really use 'focussed' (or 'compact' depending on what he means).

I understand that he regularly compliments you on your grasp of the finer points of German vocabulary and grammar........ 😉 

3 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

It's a Chris Hughton team. They'll win the toss and let us kick off so they don't have to commit a man too far forward. 

I'll go for 1-0 to us with Krul making his first save in the 85th minute 

And that will only be from an ill timed back pass 👍👍

3 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

It's a Chris Hughton team. They'll win the toss and let us kick off so they don't have to commit a man too far forward. 

I'll go for 1-0 to us with Krul making his first save in the 85th minute 

And that will only be from an ill timed back pass 👍👍

3 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

My family and I have tried to include a “topic for consideration” many times in conversation. It is extremely difficult . 

Is that not a "topic for consideration" in itself?

Edited by Nuff Said
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

I understand that he regularly compliments you on your grasp of the finer points of German vocabulary and grammar........ 😉 

Nah,you're getting him confused with Merson and his command of the English Language  😉

Have a funny feeling about tonight, could see it being an 80% possession, 20 shots, 10 on target, but end up losing 1-0 to Forest's only attempt on goal sort of game.

5 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Daniel doesn’t say ‘For sure’ anymore, I miss that. 

At least both he and Mr W still say ‘unbelievably’ unbelievably often.

(I assume that’s because it’s a literal/naïve back-translation of German unglaublich, which also means ‘incredibly’)

3 hours ago, Petriix said:

Good point. Let’s get precise! Forest away is a possible potential banana skin.