Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Forest away predictions

Really want us to hit four or five past a team before the end of the season and win comfortably. Being top of the league is brilliant, but there have been way too many nerve-wracking games, not good for the stress levels.

Forest’s goals for and against are pretty low, so wouldn’t be surprised with a low scoring affair.  A draw wouldn’t be the worst given last night’s results, but let’s go for 2-1 again.

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Depends on if the players are awake. If we play like we did in the second half of our last match should not face much trouble.. But if we play like the first half of our last match

This goes to show how we see games differently.  I don't think we played that differently in the first and second halves on Sunday.  The differences were mainly that Weds pressed more effectively in the first half and also they were fortunate to get a very early goal from a set piece and a deflection.  In the second half their energy levels dropped as you'd expect, allowing us to create more effectively, which is not unusual this season. 

There's a reason why we're one of the teams who score most and concede the least in the last 15 minutes.

I'm going for 2-0 to City.

A scrappy and boring 1-0 to Norwich. A match in which Chris H will refuse to open up even after conceding. In post match comments he will praise us for being a “really good team” and will seem chuffed to have lost. 

meanwhile Daniel will praise the ‘guys’ but suggest they need to ‘be more greedy’ 

• Like 6
  • Haha 6

Norwich are the first team since Newcastle to win 24 matches from 36. It’s been done before on 5 other occasions and no team has failed on being promoted after. 

• Like 1

It's a Chris Hughton team. They'll win the toss and let us kick off so they don't have to commit a man too far forward. 

I'll go for 1-0 to us with Krul making his first save in the 85th minute 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

A scrappy and boring 1-0 to Norwich. A match in which Chris H will refuse to open up even after conceding. In post match comments he will praise us for being a “really good team” and will seem chuffed to have lost. 

meanwhile Daniel will praise the ‘guys’ but suggest they need to ‘be more greedy’ 

Daniel doesn’t say ‘For sure’ anymore, I miss that. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow
  • Like 1

I don't feel confident about this one, for some reason, 9 wins in a row just seems mental..., but it's hard to see us not scoring. 1-2 victory - a cagey affair. 

This is the second game of a run of 3 big games before the international break. A few distractions with call ups etc and a very good win at Sheffield Wednesday will put us in a good place.

Sheffield Wednesdays' game plan was executed very well in the first half and we struggled to be as smooth as we can. But we showed bottle and desire to get back in to the game coming back to win after conceding first.

I mentioned earlier some teams fold quickly when they go behind and when they feel the team they are playing are going to score anytime, you can see it. So I would love us to get out at them. 

A draw is certainly not a bad result with a home game (hopefully with a win) to finish the 3 games.

So I would like 4-6 points from these 2 games before the international break.

But tonight I can see a win 2-0, hopefully keeping the performance levels high. It has been a highly demanding season and I hope we can keep it going by raising our game one more level for a final push.

8 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

It's a rare thing in Farke bingo these days.

We had some cake/cheesecake chat earlier in the week, which is always nice.

Then, to continue the sweet theme, he does love a 'Topic'.

Being 'hungry and greedy' is often a thing.

'Unbelievable' and 'unbelievably' make a regular appearance.

'Each and every' is another favourite.

He seems to have weaned himself off referring to the U23s as the 'young guns', and he also seems to have stopped saying 'I don't go too deep into it'.

Anything else we come across regularly on Farke bingo?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I know, I miss it too. Do you think someone had a word? It seems to have been replaced as his favourite word/phrase by "unbelievable".

Maybe new goal music?

Edited by Nuff Said

5 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

I know, I miss it too. Do you think someone had a word? It seems to have been replaced as his favourite word/phrase by "unbelievable".

Maybe new goal music?

Long as it's not 'time flies by in the yellow and green' 😉

18 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

He seems to have weaned himself off referring to the U23s as the 'young guns', and he also seems to have stopped saying 'I don't go too deep into it'.

"Massive compliments to the lads on this topic"

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

He always uses the word "greedy" in slightly odd situations. Clearly he's thinking of the German word "gierig".

I still liked "dieter-mining" but he's sorted that out now.

58 minutes ago, Satriales said:

Really want us to hit four or five past a team before the end of the season and win comfortably. Being top of the league is brilliant, but there have been way too many nerve-wracking games, not good for the stress levels.

Totally disagree, don't think I've been nervous once this season with just a 1 goal lead. I've never been so certain of us winning a game when we take the lead as I have been this season. 

• Like 1

As for the predicted score, I think it'll be an absolute stodgy, dour battle if there are no early goals, but I think despite Hughton's tendencies it could be quite high-scoring if one goes in during the first 20.

I suspect not though, so I think this is going to be one of those instantly forgettable 0-1 away wins that don't linger in the memory except for the impact on our dreams of being champions again.

52 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Here’s a job lot of For Sures from our man. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

5 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Totally disagree, don't think I've been nervous once this season with just a 1 goal lead. I've never been so certain of us winning a game when we take the lead as I have been this season. 

I should probably learn to relax a little and have trust in our solid defence!

Just now, Satriales said:

I should probably learn to relax a little and have trust in our solid defence!

I would normally be the same to be fair, years of supporting City does that to you. But this year there just seems to be a total inevitability of getting the job done. 

16 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

He always uses the word "greedy" in slightly odd situations. Clearly he's thinking of the German word "gierig".

I still liked "dieter-mining" but he's sorted that out now.

He's also partial to saying 'mooning' instead of 'moaning', which I find most enjoyable 🙂

3 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

He's also partial to saying 'mooning' instead of 'moaning', which I find most enjoyable 🙂

Makes most of us quite heppy, really.

I will be happy with a boring 1-0 victory for us, however i notice our resident pant wetter GJL Mid Norfolk Canary has yet to give his prediction so i might well have to review my thoughts. 😛