Sign in to follow this  
Bill

tonights games

36 minutes ago, C.I.D said:

Or..............as a well-known saying goes ..........you can't polish a turd 🤣

Cook referred to the Binners as a “big club” after their heroic 1 .0 win over the mighty Plymouth. It’s as if these out of work managers that get the Binner job sign a contract to spout the same sh1te when they join 😀

I expect Cook has a black and white photo of Micky Mills in his office . 

5 minutes ago, Michael Starr said:

Leaders Hull have lost 10 games! Sunderland are the real number 1 team. Lost 5 and 3 games in hand. False positions.

...lots of false positions , Charlton in 6th but have played 3 more games than Ipswich.

By rights they should be bottom half but nobody can string any results together

1 minute ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

...lots of false positions , Charlton in 6th but have played 3 more games than Ipswich.

To be fair the Binners did string 10 points out of 12 - but that was under the old manager 😂

I've said elsewhere that the games before we play Bournemouth are all huge. Our last 5 games will be difficult to navigate. As many points on the board by then and we are good to go.

As things stand, Swansea and Brentford now have ten games to overhaul our current total let alone overhaul what we add to it. For them both it is four wins. Every time they drop points, at the very least they reduce the number of games they have to get points on the board.

I don't like counting chickens before they hatch (despite my name)... but 15 points at this stage, would be too much, even with a game in hand, one would think. 13 probably too. Pushing dangerously close to the two points per game if not more. And there are still big games amongst that three too yet to happen.

1st May

Brentford v Watford 

Norwich v Reading 

Swansea v Derby

8th May

Barnsley v Norwich 

Bristol City v Brentford 

Watford v Swansea

Not for the feint hearted

This ill-convenient International break coming up is still a concern....the fact that there are 3 games in it is all the more unhelpful too

Off the top of my head , we'll be losing far more players than anyone else at the top of the championship....who for their players will get a 2 week break.

They may not play all 3 games...some may not play any games.. but to lose...

Krul,Aarons,Giannoulis,Hanley,Skipp,McLean,Hernandez,Placheta,Pukki is a worry at this stage of the season

4 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

This ill-convenient International break coming up is still a concern....the fact that there are 3 games in it is all the more unhelpful too

Off the top of my head , we'll be losing far more players than anyone else at the top of the championship....who for their players will get a 2 week break.

They may not play all 3 games...some may not play any games.. but to lose...

Krul,Aarons,Giannoulis,Hanley,Skipp,McLean,Hernandez,Placheta,Pukki is a worry at this stage of the season

Or, it simply keeps the momentum going of so many games in each week that they’ve become used to this season. It’s been a bonkers schedule since September yet we’ve never really had a major dip (and won many games during the injury crisis).

A break can be beneficial but so can continuing to play. Would anyone say any of the squad look tired? I certainly wouldn’t (plus we have the squad size to deal with it if it does happen) and knowing promotion is just weeks away, adrenaline will keep them going.

Farke has shown we can trust his judgement and I’ve no doubt he’ll have everyone fired up and ready to get us over the line.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Michael Starr said:

Leaders Hull have lost 10 games! Sunderland are the real number 1 team. Lost 5 and 3 games in hand. False positions.

Hardly. Sunderland are 8 points behind Hull with 3 games in hand, so obviously they'll need to win all those 3 to overtake them.

Hull have won 21 games, Sunderland 16. It's the draws that are clobbering Sunderland, whereas Hull are far more likely to win or lose than draw.

6 minutes ago, K Lo said:

Hardly. Sunderland are 8 points behind Hull with 3 games in hand, so obviously they'll need to win all those 3 to overtake them.

Hull have won 21 games, Sunderland 16. It's the draws that are clobbering Sunderland, whereas Hull are far more likely to win or lose than draw.

Such is the inconsistency of the teams in the top 6 of league 1 ,with the likes of Peterbro and Lincoln losing matches to bottom teams, before their game tonight, I half thought ipswich might have even been within a shout of an automatic place!

...Their defeat tonight has at least put paid to that, although goodness knows which 2 will go up (Hull +1)

We just then have to hope that if they did scrape a top 6 place, they then dont bluff their way past 3 other equally unpredictable teams

4 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Such is the inconsistency of the teams in the top 6 of league 1 ,with the likes of Peterbro and Lincoln losing matches to bottom teams, before their game tonight, I half thought ipswich might have even been within a shout of an automatic place!

...Their defeat tonight has at least put paid to that, although goodness knows which 2 will go up (Hull +1)

We just then have to hope that if they did scrape a top 6 place, they then dont bluff their way past 3 other equally unpredictable teams

I do follow Hull as my second team as my mum is from there.

Back in the day, my grandpa used to take me to Boothferry Park, when visiting over the Christmas and Easter hols.

Not been to the KC yet though !

It’s hilarious over on TWTD. As they can’t focus their anger on Lambert anymore it’s the players they’ve turned on. Odious top to bottom!

1 hour ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

No - Charlton have played two  more games than Ipswich. 

8 hours ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

Do the Binners still prefix League One clubs' names with "The likes of..."?

Or have they finally accepted now they are part of it🤔

Post of the nigjt! 

'The likes of Ipswich' has a certain ring to it😂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

1st May

Brentford v Watford 

Norwich v Reading 

Swansea v Derby

8th May

Barnsley v Norwich 

Bristol City v Brentford 

Watford v Swansea

Not for the feint hearted

We'll have been promoted 2 weeks by then, sit back, relax and enjoy the carnage below 👍

• Like 2

We cannot yet count our chickens but we are really knocking on the door now. Tuesdays results for us were excellent to only have 1 of the 3 chasing pack win was fantastic. Swansea have just been scraping points with late late penalties of late and i am not surprised that they got a good thumping last night. It has also damaged their GD which was the worst of the lot. Now we are not only 10 points ahead with the same games but 10 better GD. To me it looks Norwich and Watford top 2 and i wouldn't bet against Bournmouth or Barnsley in the play offs

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

Table has the look of a shake out about it. Straight sprint for the finish line now between us and Watford. 3 points tomorrow please.

I wouldn't say that just yet in the race for 2nd, Swansea can be level on points with Watford if they win their game in hand, and Brentford if they do the same would only be 2 points behind. I would say Watford certainly seem to be coming into good form at the right time.

We're in a great position though, just need to keep taking it a game at a time and getting the points on the board

11 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

I expect Cook has a black and white photo of Micky Mills in his office . 

sepia toned, more like

Watford have apparently come into form a last minute winner against Cardiff and a thrashing at Rotherham.  Good at home not so good on the road.  The Rotherham we saw recently at Carrow Rd just haven't turned up maybe getting covid out of their stride.

Watford have had some luck recently too - that Cardiff winner was inexplicable by their keeper and they played a weakened team last night as 5 Rotherham players and their manager are still isolating. They have a dreadful run in. The games are piling up for Swansea - another toughie for them on Saturday at Cardiff. Brentford just keep slipping up when the pressure is on.

I don't think any of them will get to 90 points.

• Like 1

We now have 82 points with 9 games  to go. Last season Brentford who finished 3rd only got 81.  No complacency i know but we really are very nearly there a couple more wins and we can just concentrate on finishing top

On 17/03/2021 at 14:39, sgncfc said:

Watford have had some luck recently too - that Cardiff winner was inexplicable by their keeper and they played a weakened team last night as 5 Rotherham players and their manager are still isolating. They have a dreadful run in. The games are piling up for Swansea - another toughie for them on Saturday at Cardiff. Brentford just keep slipping up when the pressure is on.

I don't think any of them will get to 90 points.

When I saw that goal, I genuinely thought it was corruption, goalie had taken a bung. Surprised there hasn't been more made of it