Sign in to follow this  
Nuff Said

Who said this?

“This talk of a plan B, I don’t understand what people mean. What they mean is, put a big guy up front and launch it, that’s a typical British . . . it’s not happening

“It’s not the style of play. The style of play scores us a record goal last Tuesday night [a 55-pass move against xxxxxx] and I feel strongly about this, I do, because it’s a myth that that’s the problem — it’s not. The style of play gets us to the box three times more than the opposition, double the amount of touches in the opposition box. It just gets thrown at us all the time.

“Ultimately, I believe fundamentally in how the game should be played. We won eight in 11 playing the same way, and then no one throws anything at you about the style of play. And then all of a sudden it’s, ‘You need a plan B.’ No. We need to get better at what we do. We need to solve more problems, being us, with the identity we want to have as a football club.”

Could be Daniel Farke? No, it was...

... Russell Martin. Future Norwich head coach right there.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

“This talk of a plan B, I don’t understand what people mean. What they mean is, put a big guy up front and launch it.

City1st ?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

So why are they in the bottom half? 🤔

Poor finishing, injuries, bad luck, awful defence, goalkeeper? Thousands of possibilities.

Its no different to us at the start of the season where people said we were trash because we lost against Derby. Whilst undoubtedly true that we did, our performance didn't warrant it and combined with the performances around and the associated stats some of us pointed out the likelihood we would start getting results

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Poor finishing, injuries, bad luck, awful defence, goalkeeper? Thousands of possibilities.

Its no different to us at the start of the season where people said we were trash because we lost against Derby. Whilst undoubtedly true that we did, our performance didn't warrant it and combined with the performances around and the associated stats some of us pointed out the likelihood we would start getting results

I know, I was being facetious. The obvious reason would be poor finishing, but it would have to be extremely awful if those stats Russ gave are accurate, unless of course he's just giving the stats from their recent good run. 

He's getting himself a decent name as a head coach, and it wouldn't surprise me if he gets a Championship before long.

• Like 1