Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Flashback- Farke's very fist competitive match for us

14 hours ago, kick it off said:

The only good thing about that season was Maddison if we're honest. The footy was tepid, tippy-tappy ****e with billions of passes along the halfways line and little attacking impetus. Maddison was the only one who gave us any attacking spark really.

The only thing I'll remember about that season aside from Madders, is Hull away, which was an utter belter of a game. Given we had little riding on it, I didn't even care we lost, I just remember driving the 80 miles home feeling that I had been thoroughly entertained even in defeat. About the only time I've taken a defeat so positively. Maddison got a hat-trick, 4 penalties (2 for each team) and we lost 4-3 after being 3-1 up inside 40 mins!

3:07

To this day I still have no idea what that penelty was given for

• Like 1

I was at that first game and I thought we played well-certainly better than any other time I've seen us play there. We had enough chances to win, Watkins had 2 shots well saved by the goalie, Wildshcutt made some good runs-but no end product-and we probably should have had a penalty. Fulham also had chances so a draw was just about the right result.

We would have won if either Nelson was on from the start or Russ wasn't 🤣

Edited by Mr Angry
Missing word

15 hours ago, kick it off said:

The only good thing about that season was Maddison if we're honest. The footy was tepid, tippy-tappy ****e with billions of passes along the halfways line and little attacking impetus. Maddison was the only one who gave us any attacking spark really.

The only thing I'll remember about that season aside from Madders, is Hull away, which was an utter belter of a game. Given we had little riding on it, I didn't even care we lost, I just remember driving the 80 miles home feeling that I had been thoroughly entertained even in defeat. About the only time I've taken a defeat so positively. Maddison got a hat-trick, 4 penalties (2 for each team) and we lost 4-3 after being 3-1 up inside 40 mins!

I'd not seen that before - thanks! Always hard to tell from highlights, but looked like a Jamal Lewis nightmare! Also a first glimpse of perennial Championship loanee Harry Wilson.

• Like 1

On 16/03/2021 at 10:07, cambridgeshire canary said:

How much do you remember this one? The 1-1 draw away from home, in which Oliveira infamously went and tore off his shirt and ran straight to Farke with it..noo.png

Godfrey on the bench, I was like whose this guy 🤣🤣. Watkins over Nelson 😑😶

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Watkins over Nelson

Yeah and you wonder why Nelson celebrated like he did

I didn't wonder why, I knew Watkins was a donkey and NO was a decent player