Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

We are set to be without 6 players for Preston

13 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Except that England wouldn't qualify for the 2022 World Cup then! Which might bother some posters.

Sure, the ‘football’ needs are apparent.  just thinking about overall value to society in the context of a global pandemic. 

55 minutes ago, Steve White said:

In addition to the comments Adobe, I am sure that Aarons and Skipp would like to be ever present this season - these unneccesary and, quite honestly uninteresting, matches are a waste of time. The authorities have allowed 5 subs because of potential injuries due to fatigue, this fixture congestion is even worse 

I certainly think, given the pandemic and what should be discouragement of global travel given the circumstances and curfews/quarantines in place in countries, it might have been sensible to postpone all international competitions and just allow domestic leagues to continue in their own contained environments.

Either way, whatever squad we have available for PNE, this team has enough quality in it to still get a result 

Edited by AJ

No mention of Jacob Sorensen, cannot believe he has been dropped by Denmark.  Denmark might not have any fixtures of course seems unlikely.  Play Russia on 31st March.

4 hours ago, pete said:

2018/9 We went to PNE and got stuffed 3-0, that is not going to happen this year.  Max and Skippy will defffo play to keep their ever present appearance record. 

Nope - it was 3-1. 

Absolutely ridiculous. Who honestly cares about international football at the moment? How is it fair on the countries, the players or the clubs that there will be 3 international games in a week and then just one day off before the next round of domestic football. Luckily as well our game the following Monday has been moved for Sky to the Tuesday. TV actually working in our favour for once!

All we can hope is that as Finland are playing in a friendly on Wednesday 31st they’ll give Pukki a rest, same with McLean and Hanley. England U21s though have got quite an important game. Fortunately Cuba don’t seem to have a midweek game so Hernandez should be back in good time following his first call-up.

I imagine at the very least we’ll be without Pukki, Aarons, Skipp and probably one of Hanley/McLean. I know that at this point it looks a given that we’re going up, but if nothing else though all this unnecessary travelling and extra fatigue for pointless international fixtures must increase the players chances of getting serious injuries.