Sign in to follow this  
Canary dwarf

beundia

Give him a stupidly big contract and make him the best paid ncfc player ever , even though I love Aarons and cantwell this player really makes us tick , the best in my lifetime, player's like him dont come along often , enjoy him while you can otbc.

3 minutes ago, Canary dwarf said:

Give him a stupidly big contract and make him the best paid ncfc player ever , even though I love Aarons and cantwell this player really makes us tick , the best in my lifetime, player's like him dont come along often , enjoy him while you can otbc.

If he's as good as you say, you could at least do him the  honour of spelling his name correctly. 😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

14 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

If he's as good as you say, you could at least do him the  honour of spelling his name correctly. 😇

sorry bruv that's what white wine does to you.

I love Emi, I hope he stays but he must be attracting the bigger clubs, he seems so driven I can’t believe he would not want the opportunity to play for a team playing in Europe.  I was surprised that neither Brighton nor Newcastle offered a big transfer fee and wages money for Pukki in January. 

He makes us tick BUT he needs to show he can do it in the PL. If he can start to reproduce his championship form which he did not in the PL last time then he will go far and good luck to him. He can display his talents with us in the PL next season and we can take it from there, if he can do what we all think he is capable of doing and stays fit we have a decent chance of making a better fist of staying up

17 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

I love Emi, I hope he stays but he must be attracting the bigger clubs, he seems so driven I can’t believe he would not want the opportunity to play for a team playing in Europe.  I was surprised that neither Brighton nor Newcastle offered a big transfer fee and wages money for Pukki in January. 

I do like Steve Bruce but I'm not sure he would know how to set up a team to use Teemu. He's already failed spectacularly to get the best out of Jamal Lewis

2 minutes ago, Yorkshire Canary said:

He makes us tick BUT he needs to show he can do it in the PL. If he can start to reproduce his championship form which he did not in the PL last time then he will go far and good luck to him. He can display his talents with us in the PL next season and we can take it from there, if he can do what we all think he is capable of doing and stays fit we have a decent chance of making a better fist of staying up

He's already proved he can do it in the Premier League. Look at his stats and bear in mind he was playing for the worst team in the division 

17 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

Is there any chance we can finish in the top 6 in the prem next year ? That will give him Europe !

4 minutes ago, Six Pack said:

Is there any chance we can finish in the top 6 in the prem next year ? That will give him Europe !

Technically yes, in all probability, no.

He has to be sold both for his growth and the money we will get in

give Webber £40 million and he will come up with some gems no doubt 

12 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

He has to be sold both for his growth and the money we will get in

give Webber £40 million and he will come up with some gems no doubt 

How tall is he now then ? 

5 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

He's already proved he can do it in the Premier League. Look at his stats and bear in mind he was playing for the worst team in the division 

Don't get me wrong i think he is fantastic and i accept he was in a struggling side but 1 goal and 7 assists in isolation  are nothing to rant about, goals wise well behind Cantwell that season. That is in stark contrast to this season with double figures in both goals and assists . I really do believe he will kick on but his true monetary value will not be reached until he improves on that in the PL. If he can get anywhere near his championship figures then we have a fantastic chance of staying up and kicking on

7 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I do like Steve Bruce but I'm not sure he would know how to set up a team to use Teemu. He's already failed spectacularly to get the best out of Jamal Lewis

Nah, he has got the best out of Lewis, he's just realised that he's pretty average in the process. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Nah, he has got the best out of Lewis, he's just realised that he's pretty average in the process. 

If you play 442 and stand a wide left player in front of Jamal you may as well not bother. Especially if that wide player doesn't make any attempt to defend. 

13 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

If you play 442 and stand a wide left player in front of Jamal you may as well not bother. Especially if that wide player doesn't make any attempt to defend. 

I am glad someone understands football. It's all about horses for courses/ player attributes/weaknesses and systems/tactics .After all , Teemu wouldn't be much use  in a ' get it wide and bang in a high cross for the big man to attack' team. Jamals better games for Newcastle came when he was played as a wing back, backed up by 3 centre halves........ it played to his strengths. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Yorkshire Canary said:

Don't get me wrong i think he is fantastic and i accept he was in a struggling side but 1 goal and 7 assists in isolation  are nothing to rant about, goals wise well behind Cantwell that season. That is in stark contrast to this season with double figures in both goals and assists . I really do believe he will kick on but his true monetary value will not be reached until he improves on that in the PL. If he can get anywhere near his championship figures then we have a fantastic chance of staying up and kicking on

Didn't he create a disproportionately high number of chances / key passes for a team near (at) the bottom of the league? They only turn into assists if someone else also does their job. Agreed that his goal return was low.

2 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

2 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

I am glad someone understands football. It's all about horses for courses/ player attributes/weaknesses and systems/tactics .

Newcastle have only played 4-4-2 on eight occasions in the league his season, which means they haven't in twenty other games this season, they usually play wing backs, apparently you people who "understand football" weren't aware of this. 

And the simple truth is that Jacob Murphy has been better received by Newcastle fans as a right wing back this season than Lewis has a left wing back, and that is Jacob Murphy who has not been very popular at all with their fans!

The truth is that Jamal Lewis never really impressed in the Premier League for us either. Aarons took to the league like a duck to water, and Lewis often looked like a deer in the headlights. We got a good price for a bang average player and our new Greek lad is better. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Six Pack said:

I would love that to happen, but can’t see it.  I am not sure any of our players (except perhaps Aarons and Krul) would be a guaranteed starter for a top ten premiership side, never mind the team collectively being good enough for the top 6.  If we are to get our way to that level we have to trade our way there, selling our best talent and buying players with potential.  This summer transfer window will be interesting.  there is a lot of discussion on the forum about keeping our best players, but I think that would financially the safer bet, but make staying up tough - although changing a lot of players at once will also make it tough.  We have to trust Webber / Farke have a plan..

21 hours ago, Yorkshire Canary said:

That would be fantastic, it's not realistic though. For strikers the expectation is for them to score about half as many goals in the Premier League than in the Championship. For Buendia to put up an 8 goals/8 Assists - ish kind of season in a side that'll realistically be in a relegation battle, he'd have to be one of the leading players in the entire league. For comparison, some players in similar positions who are on course to have such a season this year or worse: Sadio Mané (8G, 5A), Timo Werner (5G, 8A), Raphinha (5G, 5A), Richarlison (6G, 3A), Pedro Neto (5G, 4A), Mason Mount (5G, 4A).

All of those are exceptional talents, but it's just very hard to get into double figures for goals OR assists in the Premier League. If Buendia were to do that next year, and in a non-top-half team, he'd be a 60-70m player.

• Like 1