Sign in to follow this  
sonyc

18/19 versus this season

Looking at this graphic answers the question doesn't it?

Just wondering what influence fans have picking up on another poster's comments. Perhaps not having fans has helped us in away games (like all other teams too of course) this season? No haranguing of refs (remembering those 1000 Luton fans at their place). Yet in the PL we needed the fans as our "12th Man".

Anyway, what an impressive set of performances this team, Farke and backroom staff have produced this season. 1st in lots of areas.

IMG_20210315_212326.jpg

• Like 2

This season we are definitely a better rounded team and we have been more in control of games. However, 18/19 was much more entertaining; last minute winners / equalisers, whilst not good for the heart, creates more entertainment. 

• Like 1

Those stats certainly tell an impressive story, though of course given that we managed to finish top without being 1st in any of them two seasons ago, shows they aren’t the be all and end all.
Two seasons ago was brilliantly exciting with a slightly leaky defence but lots of late winners; this season we have just been pretty relentless - I’d happily settle for either route if the outcome is the same!

Edited by Branston Pickle

Great stats @sonyc

Just so sad to miss it all.

I don't think it's the lack late winners that make it less exciting. I think it's the lack of any celebration. It's not being part of it. Feeling detached and certainly not invested in anyway.

Does anyone else feel like that?

This season feels clinical - last time was emotional. There's a world of difference in the love and pride. Last time I felt a part of it; this time I don't, though still a very proud fan for what they are achieving.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Great stats @sonyc

I don't think it's the lack late winners that make it less exciting. I think it's the lack of any celebration. It's not being part of it. Feeling detached and certainly not invested in anyway.

Coming from someone who 'missed' the last promotion too as a result of being overseas, I'd say the main reason why this season feels less exciting is the expectation. Last time, it was unexpected so that made it feel all the more spectacular and incredible, yet this season it just feels like we're doing what we we're meant to be doing. Plus we're making it look so easy and comfortable by controlling most games from start to finish and being so far clear, as opposed to wild end-to-end goalfests with frantic finishes in 18/19 and the fact it was a tight three-horse race until the end.

• Like 4

We are a more effective team, and this is built on our defensive unit, who have been excellent.  I am even quite confident they will perform better in the premiership this time around.  This summer will be intriguing, who leaves and who comes in will define the season.

• Like 2

More clinical, better game management, better ball retention. Is it more entertaining? Probably not. Is it more effective? Definitely. The table proves that.

Can we take it to the next level? I think so with the appropriate investment. I'm confident there will be 3 worse teams than us.

9 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Great stats @sonyc

We’ll have that same feeling after every goal next season once var gets involved 😡

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Coming from someone who 'missed' the last promotion too as a result of being overseas, I'd say the main reason why this season feels less exciting is the expectation. Last time, it was unexpected so that made it feel all the more spectacular and incredible, yet this season it just feels like we're doing what we we're meant to be doing. Plus we're making it look so easy and comfortable by controlling most games from start to finish and being so far clear, as opposed to wild end-to-end goalfests with frantic finishes in 18/19 and the fact it was a tight three-horse race until the end.

That sums it up for me too. A dramatic season was 18/19, not only that Mario Sheff Wed goal, the late Forest comeback and ridiculous Millwall win but even to the point of winning our last game away to completely clinch the title. Yet, quite a few of the same team members remain. The stars really aligned and you'd be forgiven thinking if you looked up they would be deliberately twinkling at you! Excuse the poetic description but it's because it was a season to remember in a lifetime of supporting our club. I recall that even-headed Ricardo was occasionally disbelieving of it all in his reports.

This time, no crowds, no away day fun either for me. This season reminds me a bit of our League 1 campaign. A bit of a slow start and we just got in our stride mid- season and took off. It was just as if we knew L1 wasn't a place for NCFC and this year feels a bit like that in the Championship. 

All kinds of ways of winning but with all these promotions (and relegations) I often tell myself I am so pleased I was born in the fine city and it's been my lot to support this club. You can't have it much better than be a Norwich City fan I don't think (and here, honestly, I've taken off my yellow and green specs...well, half anyway😉).

10 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Great stats @sonyc

For me it’s the game experience. I can still leap around and hug Mrs B when we score - the bit I miss is the travel , saying hello to the group around me in the Stadium but most of all that wonderful indescribable moment the final whistle goes and the whole crowd leaves the ground happy inc the train back. 
They say you don’t know how much you miss something until it’s gone . That’s exactly right . 

What a job the management have done to reaffirm the issues we had in our Prem season.

And what a job the boys have done of buying into it all over again, getting back on Farke's horse and delivering on the pitch.

Phenomenal season given the short turnaround and hangover from the disappointing end of the Prem season, I just want us to keep this level up until the end!

We're a much better side overall, would love for someone to bump that thread where posters said this team wasn't a patch on the one from 2 years ago...

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

We're a much better side overall, would love for someone to bump that thread where posters said this team wasn't a patch on the one from 2 years ago...

After a few games at the start of this season a number of people were saying that we’d gone 17 without a win and most managers would have been sacked. They seem to have a bit quiet on that stat now.

13 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Great stats @sonyc

Yes and no, miss actually being at the Carra....but never detached from Norwich City or not invested in them, absence makes the heart grow fonder...........

It is sad to miss it. We are clearly better now than 2 seasons ago but it would have been even worse to have missed the drama and entertainment of 2 seasons ago. 

8 hours ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Yes and no, miss actually being at the Carra....but never detached from Norwich City or not invested in them, absence makes the heart grow fonder...........

Heart's still in the right place buddy.

It's hard to explain really. I feel sort of like I'm a spectator willing us to win rather than a supporter helping us win. Like as if every game is an away game we're stuck at home following.

• Like 1

On 15/03/2021 at 22:29, All the Germans said:

This season we are definitely a better rounded team and we have been more in control of games. However, 18/19 was much more entertaining; last minute winners / equalisers, whilst not good for the heart, creates more entertainment. 

Yes, I was at that Millwall game.
Such an emotional roller coaster !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, K Lo said:

Yes, I was at that Millwall game.
Such an emotional roller coaster !

Yes I was there. Conceding the first goal from a set piece was no surprise that season. When we came back to lead 2-1 it all felt under control. Conceding  2 goals in quick succession was so frustrating. When we came back to win in injury time it was truly amazing and a high you will be hard put to match.

Personally I’m loving being able to watch every single minute of all our games this season, but I agree you can’t feel as fully involved as you would actually attending games.

Also I guess it gives those of us who attend games (in normal life) a taste of what most fans of Prem teams treat as the normal way to watch football. Certainly I know plenty of people who follow a Prem team reasonably seriously but almost never go to an actual game.