Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Details on the new protest laws Parliament set to vote on

Aye, they are sneaking this through. We are slowly becoming just like Orban's Hungary and sadly a lot of people love it. Not sure why. I'm pretty sure this sort of state is what thousands fought and died fighting against not that long ago.

• Like 4

All those free speech Tories turned out to be full of it. Cowards and scumbags.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Herman said:

All those free speech Tories turned out to be full of it. Cowards and scumbags.

Fascist slimeballs but true to type, you've got to give them that.

After the last ten years I wouldn't have thought that this country could sink any lower but it turns out that I was wrong and not just a little bit wrong.

It's not just that as a country we are still sinking but that the rate of sinking is actually increasing and it's not accidental - its government policy so very little hope of anything changing for the better any time soon.

As mentioned on another thread I think they know what is coming and a bit scared. The realities of brexit, the end of furlough, the carnage of covid, physically, mentally and financially. It's all going to come to a head.

9 hours ago, Herman said:

As mentioned on another thread I think they know what is coming and a bit scared. The realities of brexit, the end of furlough, the carnage of covid, physically, mentally and financially. It's all going to come to a head.

I think they should be scared, the fact that the only response they appear to have is to try and suppress protest shows how utterly clueless and incompetent they are.

They have absolutely no idea how to resolve the massive problems for which they are primarily responsible and no amount of spin and lies to going to cover that up.

Even if we put aside for a moment the many stupid and disastrous decsions they made last year and look towards the future then the budget was a big sign that made it crystal clear that they are completely clueless about what is required and have absolutely no vision and let alone an actual plan to tackle the many huge problems this country is facing.

1 hour ago, FenwayFrank said:

So if a poster on here is a serious annoyance...

Just avoid writing in CAPITALS. 

• Haha 1

The next time we have a sh!t manager and a crowd gathers outside the City Stand to protest they could be looking at a 10 year prison sentence.

1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:

The next time we have a sh!t manager and a crowd gathers outside the City Stand to protest they could be looking at a 10 year prison sentence.

There isn't going to be a next time

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

There isn't going to be a next time

I hope you're correct. The prisons are full enough & I don't think they have ifollow.😀

1 minute ago, A Load of Squit said:

I hope you're correct. The prisons are full enough & I don't think they have ifollow.😀

Surely they have illegal streams in prison? Everything else in prison is.

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Why you looking at me

Not you Cambridge, the one or two I'm thinking of don't tend to come over to the non football side

• Haha 1

their plan to put undercover police into clubs and or pubs is another double barrel into both feet. What would happen if such a person decides to act according to this new act, it is 12.30 am and we are inside a club of drunken revelers? The moment he/she breaks cover, without bouncers/police being immediately present, everyone will clap and pat him on the shoulder/ or charge him/her en masse before anybody else is at hand.

Further what would happen if somebody saunters up to a person looking distressed ( argument,too much alcohol, etc.) and say's

'don't worry love, I'm an undercover policeman, you can trust me'. flashing a badge. Can you really trust this person? or will this actually be a warning signal not to trust?

lets not forget that undercover police had relationships and children with protesters and the police of all is not known to be squeaky clean, especially not the Met. ( Sir Keir kicked that into the long grass when in charge of the DPP)

Its a bad idea and I know some bouncers who would also question such an approach as it could easily get out of hand and cause a major riot, leading to the venue's license being questioned.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

our statues outside the ground have to be protected 😏

• Haha 1

A term not exceeding ten years. That's OK, I'll just murder or rape someone then. Might as well get near as dammit the same sentence for a sheep instead of a lamb.

Reminds me of the case Bill Bryson wrote about in one of his books about the planned protest in Switzerland that fell through as it didn't get the permits!

4 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

Not you Cambridge, the one or two I'm thinking of don't tend to come over to the non football side

Oh name names FF. Please do. 😉 

3 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Oh name names FF. Please do. 😉 

curious that you should be posting on here during a live game

.....or not 🤔

1 minute ago, Bill said:

curious that you should be posting on here during a live game

.....or not 🤔

Why? Is that not allowed? 

Indeed, unacceptable violence but can't say I'm surprised that this dreadful bill has provoked this sort of response in Bristol. The idea that someone could be given a 10-year prison sentence for defacing a statue was bound to provoke a reaction in the City where the memorial to a slave trader was ripped down and thrown into the harbour. 

3 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Indeed, unacceptable violence but can't say I'm surprised that this dreadful bill has provoked this sort of response in Bristol. The idea that someone could be given a 10-year prison sentence for defacing a statue was bound to provoke a reaction in the City where the memorial to a slave trader was ripped down and thrown into the harbour. 

Unacceptable is the word

If we weren't in lockdown and Covid restrictions, I wouldn't be entirely surprised if widespread riots started.

13 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

If we weren't in lockdown and Covid restrictions, I wouldn't be entirely surprised if widespread riots started.

It appears that those rioting have no regard to the fact that we are in the middle of a pandemic and are seemingly prepared to put lives at risk

Edited by Van wink

59 minutes ago, Van wink said:

It appears that those rioting have no regard to the fact that we are in the middle of a pandemic and are seemingly prepared to put lives at risk

Or it's such a grave attack on freedom of assembly that they're willing to risk their health to state their, IMO, utterly justified disdain of what I can frankly only call a police state via the back door.

• Like 2