Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Sheffield Utd

Normally when we get promoted there's 2 or 3 players in each relegated team I think would be worth a punt.

I don't think there is anyone from them I'd want. Maybe Lundstram at a push.

Just now, canarydan23 said:

Normally when we get promoted there's 2 or 3 players in each relegated team I think would be worth a punt.

I'd take Berge in a heartbeat, but he's been injured.

I don't get why they didn't keep Wilder for next season. Unless in their case it really was just all the stars aligning.

Edited by nutty nigel

1 minute ago, TheGunnShow said:

Good shout. Forgot about him, out of sight out of mind.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

I don't get why they didn't keep Wilder for next season. Unless in their case it was just all the stars aligning.

Rumour is he kicked off about a DoF being installed.

Think they want to be us.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

Lundstrum is nowhere near good enough, ironically one of their rarely used player is the only one I'd take, Brewster would work well in a Farke side, always found it a weird signing for a Wilder side. 

Not one of the rest though, all average Championship plodders who massively overachieved in the 2 previous seasons. 

Could not happen to a nicer team.

All that ****e they kept throwing about us being awful and how they were onto play in Europe blah blah blah...

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Rumour is he kicked off about a DoF being installed.

Think they want to be us.

Trouble for them is there's only one Stuart Webber. As Huddersfield found out.

Still think theyve got reasonably decent defenders in Egan and O'Connell...but theyve been out injured this season

Their signings havent been clever, a lot if their side are still from League One.

Where they have spent money it hasnt worked, I'm not sure who had their fingers burnt more, Sheff Utd for signing Brewster for £20m or Brewstee choosing Sheff Utd as he supposedly had other choices

Good. Ridiculous owners making stupid decisions deserve to be punished.

And eventually people will realise the odds of us improving under new ownership is so remote...

• Like 1

I'd be surprised if they get one more point at the moment. Appalling decision to dump Wilder at this moment.

I actually would not mind one of ther centre backs, its a position we need more competition for.

They spent £40+ milion on Brewster and McBurnie but still seem to play Sharp and McGoldrick before them.  

4 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Doubt we will be in for Brewster. Spend nearly £50M on strikers and Sharp.and McGoldrick still playing sums it up.

Indeed! And how many on here will be demanding we spend £50m plus when we go up? Will be interesting to see if Sheffield can bounce back next season or whether their over-spending is going to cripple them like it did Bolton, Portsmouth, Sunderland etc etc.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Yellow and Green said:

Could well be our problem in 16 months...

The world might end before then...

Did they just sack Wilder or was the conversation about how to move forward just not going anywhere because the owner wanted to introduce a DoF mode and Wilder was vehemently opposed?

3 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Did they just sack Wilder or was the conversation about how to move forward just not going anywhere because the owner wanted to introduce a DoF mode and Wilder was vehemently opposed?

I think he “resigned”, AKA got a big enough lump sum to walk away without a fuss.

Edit: @shefcanary can probably tell us if Wilder keeps getting his round in when the pubs reopen?

Edited by Nuff Said

Just listening to BBC Radio Sheffield.
Apparently Sheff U have already borrowed against their Premier League money and the fans are thinking they'll struggle in the Champ.

Apparently Wilder walked as he wasn't so convinced about the way forward.

23 minutes ago, K Lo said:

Apparently Sheff U have already borrowed against their Premier League money and the fans are thinking they'll struggle in the Champ.

Mmmm the irony!

image.gif.de50ef5eb8f45568be38e1b8e74ac660.gif

They essentially still have a Championship squad. McBurnie, McGoldrick and Sharp aren't Premier League quality. I thought they would struggle this season once clubs sussed them out. 

Like us they've struggled with injuries to key defenders and you just can't get away with that in the Premier League. Not getting Henderson in goal was a big loss too.

If the reason for Wilder leaving is because he won't work under a DoF then that's fair enough. Clearly their current scouting and spending has been abysmal, so either change the manager or the structure, or both.

I still think they will be a force next season.

Edited by Capt. Pants

54 minutes ago, K Lo said:

They are owned by a Saudi prince (Prince Abdullah bin Musa'ad bin Abdulaziz Al Saud). , so I presume that he can cover any losses that they make!

43 minutes ago, Badger said:

They are owned by a Saudi prince (Prince Abdullah bin Musa'ad bin Abdulaziz Al Saud). , so I presume that he can cover any losses that they make!

Not sure it works like that for ffp purposes Badger. 

I don't think the owner bunging in is the same as parachute payments.

2 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

I always liked John Fleck, tho.maybe that's because Robert Fleck was my first hero and all time favourite player.

• Like 1

I’ve just watched the highlights and Leicester were absolutely ruthless. While we may gloat now, we should be worried about playing teams like that again next season.

The pace of their attack in turning defenders definitely makes me fear having Hanley and Gibson back there. Hanley isn’t slow in a straight line but often takes an age to actually turn around and run. 

2 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Really? He cost them 25m and done sweet fa. What I've seen anyway