Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Cantwells goal for this who did not see it

Was his first touch deliberate or accidental? Pretty fantastic either way.👏

21 minutes ago, South Sider said:

Far too cocky

Far too confident

Or simply brilliant. Stop moaning or fcuk off and watch somebody else!!

• Like 1

Just now, Commonsense said:

Or simply brilliant. Stop moaning or fcuk off and watch somebody else!!

He's qouting me when Rhodes scored when I was going on about people who were going on about how we were gonna win 5 or 6 nill

That sound when the ball thumps against the underside of the bar as it flies in - oh that sound when the ball thumps against the underside of the bar as it flies in to the top corner.................................

1 minute ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

That sound when the ball thumps against the underside of the bar as it flies in - oh that sound when the ball thumps against the underside of the bar as it flies in to the top corner.................................

One of the greatest sounds in the footballing world

I prefer the Lacazette-like scream of an opponent who's copped some revenge after a piece of playacting. Preferably in the form of a big sodding elbow right in the kisser.

Everything about that goal is perfect from the moment Emi wins the ball and has no nonsense in pushing Gibson out the way and then the way Todd rides the challenge, the ball spins away and his shot looks like it’s clearly going wide but curls perfectly into the very top of the goal.  Just perfect.

• Like 2

Not his biggest fan but that was a stunner.

if he cut his hair I’d like it even more.

😁

• Haha 1

I think Cantwell is somewhat over-rated and today's game is a good example of how.

He did nothing for 75 minutes. The second that goal flew in, the commentator said 'now that's Premier League class' or something to that effect.

There's no denying that the goal was excellent, and Cantwell flashes these moments of brilliance once or twice a game. That goal was literally all he contributed to the win today though. He did nothing else noteworthy.

There's a strong element of confirmation bias. He seems to have garnered this reputation as being an undoubtedly Premier League level player, so now every time he does something good, this has to be mentioned. Someone like Pukki, on the other hand, has garnered a reputation as not being good enough for the Prem. So when he scores a goal that is equally good - and arguably better - AND contributes significantly more over the course of 90 minutes, his praise isn't as high.

I like Cantwell, and I think he's a good player, but I think some people are far too high on him. He scored the winning goal, but he'd be one of the last names I'd list as being the reason that Norwich won.

• Sad 4

The finish was sublime but the way he set it up for the shot, he knew exactly what he wanted to do and knew that he was going to do it-lovely self assist.

16 minutes ago, Mackrel829 said:

There's a strong element of confirmation bias. He seems to have garnered this reputation as being an undoubtedly Premier League level player, so now every time he does something good, this has to be mentioned. Someone like Pukki, on the other hand, has garnered a reputation as not being good enough for the Prem. So when he scores a goal that is equally good - and arguably better - AND contributes significantly more over the course of 90 minutes, his praise isn't as high.

The complete irony of you claiming confirmation bias in his favour when all we see from the majority of posters on here is the complete opposite is absolutely hilarious. 

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

The complete irony of you claiming confirmation bias in his favour when all we see from the majority of posters on here is the complete opposite is absolutely hilarious. 

I'm not on here very often.

2 hours ago, South Sider said:

Far too cocky

Far too confident

Yeah, he might be an incredible footballer, and probably the best talent to come out of Norfolk for quite some time, but have you seen that he posts on Instagram quite a lot?!

Disgusting.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mackrel829 said:

He scored the winning goal, but he'd be one of the last names I'd list as being the reason that Norwich won.

My brain is struggling with this sentence

• Haha 9

14 minutes ago, markdmhoward said:

Probably why Farke got the manager's job and @mackrel829 didn't 😉

18 minutes ago, markdmhoward said:

Don't worry. It's intentionally oxymoronic. You're obviously just unintentionally moronic.

17 minutes ago, Mackrel829 said:

Don't worry. It's intentionally oxymoronic. You're obviously just unintentionally moronic.

You can tell that, as you've said yourself, you've not been to a match in 10 years.

Premier League quality players can be kicked and marked out of the game but produce one bit of magic that gets fans out of seats, and more importantly win the game which is ultimately what football is all about.

Thats why Todd is Premier League quality and most of the people saying that are neutrals with no Norwich bias.

• Thanks 1

I mean it wasn’t like the ‘only contribution’ was his goal, or even remotely close - he and Buendia get involved in nearly every meaningful attack we have ffs. But even if it was the ‘only thing he done’, if he managed one unreal finish into the top corner and nothing else every game he played for NCFC he’ll still do pretty well for us - it was a finish of the highest level not a tap in or a goal off his ****! You can’t take anything away from that moment of quality. 

So yes Cantwell, please continue to do nothing apart from scoring a worldie in every game....

Edited by Hank shoots Skyler
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Mackrel829 said:

I think Cantwell is somewhat over-rated and today's game is a good example of how.

He did nothing for 75 minutes. The second that goal flew in, the commentator said 'now that's Premier League class' or something to that effect.

There's no denying that the goal was excellent, and Cantwell flashes these moments of brilliance once or twice a game. That goal was literally all he contributed to the win today though. He did nothing else noteworthy.

I like Cantwell, and I think he's a good player, but I think some people are far too high on him. He scored the winning goal, but he'd be one of the last names I'd list as being the reason that Norwich won.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, hogesar said:

You can tell that, as you've said yourself, you've not been to a match in 10 years.

Premier League quality players can be kicked and marked out of the game but produce one bit of magic that gets fans out of seats, and more importantly win the game which is ultimately what football is all about.

Thats why Todd is Premier League quality and most of the people saying that are neutrals with no Norwich bias.

Is there a difference between watching on TV and watching live? If anything, you get a more detailed view of the game watching on TV. Also, you either remember me saying that from weeks ago, or you went and trawled through my previous posts to find it. The former would be impressive. The latter would be kind of sad.

You may well be right though. It might be that little moment of magic that sets him apart and would make him successful in the Premier League. My point is moreso that Pukki had a moment that was equally magical AND put in a good performance over the course of 90 minutes, but no one is commenting that he's a Premier League sticker.

I also wonder how often Cantwell would get a chance to produce that moment of magic at the next level when the likes of Sheffield Wednesday made him an absolute non factor for 89 minutes 58 seconds.

14 minutes ago, Mackrel829 said:

Is there a difference between watching on TV and watching live? If anything, you get a more detailed view of the game watching on TV. Also, you either remember me saying that from weeks ago, or you went and trawled through my previous posts to find it. The former would be impressive. The latter would be kind of sad.

You may well be right though. It might be that little moment of magic that sets him apart and would make him successful in the Premier League. My point is moreso that Pukki had a moment that was equally magical AND put in a good performance over the course of 90 minutes, but no one is commenting that he's a Premier League sticker.

I also wonder how often Cantwell would get a chance to produce that moment of magic at the next level when the likes of Sheffield Wednesday made him an absolute non factor for 89 minutes 58 seconds.

I'm sorry, but he really didn't. Teemu was just as bad as everybody else in our team for the first 45 minutes (including Cantwell). Of course there is a reason why Cantwell MIGHT turn into a top Premier League player whereas it's unlikely that Teemu will ever quite make that grade - it's because Todd has just turned 23 and Teemu will very soon be 31.