lappinitup

*****Official Match Thread v Sheff Wed*****

4 minutes ago, Hucks6 said:

A certain Mr Rhodes playing 

You would think that a certain Mr Hanley and a certain Mr Gibson ought to be able to keep him under control. And if he takes a penalty my money's on a certain Mr Krull

• Haha 2

Will anyone give him a penalty after two howlers for City.  A little concerned which is unfounded should be stuffing this lot.  But 8wins in the offing Wednesday 7 without a win.  What is the formula when we meet teams on a poor run.   Not so confident Canary here. 

Westwood back in goal for them. That's made it harder - he's a fair old upgrade on Wildsmith. Rupp definitely deserved another rumble in the #10 shirt after his showing against Luton and his work with McLean makes it hard to defend against as both are pretty mobile and both don't mind tracking back. Rupp looks somewhat sprightlier over short distances though.

Paterson on the bench is a danger. No doubt he'll be seeing some game time off it.

2 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Westwood back in goal for them. That's made it harder - he's a fair old upgrade on Wildsmith. Rupp definitely deserved another rumble in the #10 shirt after his showing against Luton and his work with McLean makes it hard to defend against as both are pretty mobile and both don't mind tracking back. Rupp looks somewhat sprightlier over short distances though.

Paterson on the bench is a danger. No doubt he'll be seeing some game time off it.

Westwood your textbook solid Championship keeper. Knows this divison in and out, and had we got him rather than Krul I'm sure we would all be happy with him.

7 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Too many confident people for my liking 

Too many nervous people for my liking...... 😏

8 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Westwood your textbook solid Championship keeper. Knows this divison in and out, and had we got him rather than Krul I'm sure we would all be happy with him.

Just come back from broken ribs, apparently. Wildsmith for me is not Championship standard. I'd have been very confident if we'd been facing him but Westwood is, as you say, as battle-hardened and solid a Champs goalie as they get with international experience of his own.

12 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Too many nervous people for my liking...... 😏

Sphincter control is key.😀

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Just come back from broken ribs, apparently. Wildsmith for me is not Championship standard. I'd have been very confident if we'd been facing him but Westwood is, as you say, as battle-hardened and solid a Champs goalie as they get with international experience of his own.

Wildsmith is a friend of my daughter's.  Still find it strange people think he has the physique to handle the Championship!

Oh no, I've got a terrible feeling about Rhodes for them, can just imagine him scoring and several threads being started on how we should've signed him.. 

I will be interested to see what he offers for Sheff Weds today, I never saw him as someone who could do much for us this season - IMO there is not room in the Farke system for a fox-in-the-box / poacher type player who boasts little else but a finish. But we will see!

1 minute ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Oh no, I've got a terrible feeling about Rhodes for them, can just imagine him scoring and several threads being started on how we should've signed him.. 

I will be interested to see what he offers for Sheff Weds today, I never saw him as someone who could do much for us this season - IMO there is not room in the Farke system for a fox-in-the-box / poacher type player who boasts little else but a finish. But we will see!

I'll make sure to make at least four threads if he does just for you

• Haha 1

Bannan, Reach and Westwood never seem to play poorly against us, do they?

And then there is Rhodes.....................

But then, there is Emi, Teemu, Todd, Lukas, Ben, Oliver, Tim, Max, yada yada...............

5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I'll make sure to make at least four threads if he does just for you

We wouldn't have it any other way

15 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Dear god

Can happen, just don't panic. We turned it around against them last time, so why not here?