yavanzhai55

A quick rant about Norwich Cities Premier league campaign

1 minute ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

For the uneducated ones amongst us WD, you what 🤷🏻‍♂️😆

😆 reddit is basically a forum for any and everything you could possibly imagine. The posters on there are identified by "u/<username>", and the forums by "r/<forum name>". There's a norwich forum (r/NorwichCity) which has pretty limited interaction but, was on there the other week and noticed that someone had made a post there that was exactly identical to another I saw on the Pinkun. Seems like the same thing has happened here.

Apologies if you weren't looking for an explanation!

15 minutes ago, WD40 said:

😆 reddit is basically a forum for any and everything you could possibly imagine. The posters on there are identified by "u/<username>", and the forums by "r/<forum name>". There's a norwich forum (r/NorwichCity) which has pretty limited interaction but, was on there the other week and noticed that someone had made a post there that was exactly identical to another I saw on the Pinkun. Seems like the same thing has happened here.

Apologies if you weren't looking for an explanation!

I was as I had no idea what any of it meant, now understand 👍

Good detective work my friend 😬

Here's another odd one from the other day. Can you see the clear problem with it?

6 minutes ago, Herman said:

Here's another odd one from the other day. Can you see the clear problem with it?

Holy sh*t. This was posted a year ago on reddit:

My guess is for some reason someone is trying out an impersonation bot on here and perhaps other forums to learn and improve the algorithm to become more human. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Herman said:

Not bothering to reply to the post is the weird bit.

I would say this forums lack of user authentication (a commons criticism from some quarters about multiple users) manifested here. Deploying Googles reCAPTCHA on user registration / login is the simple solution @Pete Raven

• Like 1

Surely some of you have the time and wit for a better response to this!   The poster may have been slightly uninformed about our brilliant club and what we’re about, but it makes various points many fans made last season i.e. plan b, playing through the midfield, same old same old.     After all, we did run out of capable midfielders leaving us solely with McLean and Tettey who weren’t good enough and in truth, we’ve yet to deal with that problem.    

Best get used to this over the next few months as most outsiders (who have no idea about our club) will question what’s the point!!!! 

Everyone seems to appreciate us but they don’t get it!    I recall a FB friend saying before that Anfield bow, ‘they’re not even trying!’ referencing the lack of signings...

There is clear evidence of lessons learned although we do still only have one way of playing.   So when we return, how are the lessons learned going to manifest themselves?    Can Daniel react to game situations much sooner to give us a chance.    Will we be more ruthless in the personnel we take with us?   Will we ever develop a plan B?  What happens if we lose Buendia? 

What the poster fails to appreciate is that there is a plan, a process, most fans have brought into it and trust / believe.    The day before the restart we lost 3 centre half’s (all the experience) for the last 10 games and it must have been so demoralising for the squad!   

So in response Yavanzhai55, injuries (which decimated us) and some players failing to step up, severely affected our options for selection or changing the playing style.   Initially deciding our young defence would play to gain the experience, in the end they were our only options.   Those last 10 games we had 3 defenders (19 and two 21 yr olds) plus Klose who hadn’t played for 2 years.   What’s better, playing what you know or hoofing it long to a half injured Pukki or inept Drmic so it just comes back!   If you know the game, that style changes the positioning of the players and would have left us even more vulnerable.   We stuck with it, we’ve now developed it!    

Whatever happens, we have a club that is transparent with its fans and tries to succeed by producing results instead of buying them.    We are all proud of that and most wouldn’t swap our situation with any other club! 

Hope you will enjoy us giving it a better attempt next time.    

On 14/03/2021 at 05:57, yavanzhai55 said:

I write this as a goalkeeper who played at a decent level, 

The answer to a question that no one asked...

What ever happened to Michael Theo?