yavanzhai55

A quick rant about Norwich Cities Premier league campaign

So I will start this rant off by saying, I'm not a Norwich fan, nor am I anti Norwich in any way.

There is a few things that have really frustrated me about watching Norwich this season as a neutral, particularly after the restart.

How has somebody within the club, principally Farke, not identified that they are shipping goals left right and centre from completely avoidable situations. I'm talking about them playing a style of football that can only be played with top quality ball playing centre backs. It doesn't take a genius to see that week in week out they are conceding avoidable goals, trying to play out from the back, losing the ball in their own final third 5,6,7 or 8 times a game and conceding 2 goals from the resulting chances. This might be a viable game plan if the times they didn't lose the ball from the back they were linking into midfield  https://nox.tips/ and getting their quality into the game, but they don't. How does your man in charge, your coaches, your analysts not say 'hold up we are getting rolled every week and we aren't helping ourselves at all'

How has your man in charge not at least tried a different style of play and how has he avoided being absolutely slated for his lack of invention and belief. Watch him on the side line, he has looked  https://xender.vip/ defeated and out of ideas since well before the covid break.

The covid break was a real opportunity for Norwich, they could have come back with 9 games to play and set up for 9 cup finals, instead they have come back without any new invention and no real belief. As a fan of football I would have had more respect for them if they had come back and at least tried to be hard to beat, set up tight at the back, men behind the ball, kicking for position if they are under the cosh and then looking to set pieces, Cantwell, Puuki or Buendia as an outlet.

I write this as a goalkeeper who played at a decent level, of course I'm not assuming to know better than Prem players and managers but something just baffles me about Norwich's PL campaign this year. I'm watching them and thinking if my CB's were losing the ball trying to play out from the back week in and week out at even a semi pro level I would have murdered one of them by now, full Brucey Grobelaar moment would ensue. Cannot understand how a keeper of Kruul's experience hasn't tore his hair out with this set up in front of him.

Would you rather play 'attractive' football in the championship or play 'ugly' football in the prem? seems Norwich and Farke stuck to their guns and have inevitably shot themselves in the foot.

Would love to hear from some Norwich fans, as I cannot understand how the mood around the club can be anything other than disappointed.

Edited by yavanzhai55

4 minutes ago, yavanzhai55 said:

something just baffles me about Norwich's PL campaign this year.

You wrote this last season and forgot to post it didn't you?

• Haha 9

7 minutes ago, lappinitup said:

You wrote this last season and forgot to post it didn't you?

There's been a few recently. New posters with a post that would have been relevant months ago. Odd.

• Like 1

Playing the post, rather than the suspected troll, I think last season was unlucky for a multitude of reasons - principally ALL of our centre backs being injured, then further compounded by the Covid break, which only heightened the disparity between resources available to cope with setbacks that larger clubs have and we don't.

Edited by Orly

18 minutes ago, yavanzhai55 said:

So I will start this rant off by saying, I'm not a Norwich fan, nor am I anti Norwich in any way.

There is a few things that have really frustrated me about watching Norwich this season as a neutral, particularly after the restart.

How has somebody within the club, principally Farke, not identified that they are shipping goals left right and centre from completely avoidable situations. I'm talking about them playing a style of football that can only be played with top quality ball playing centre backs. It doesn't take a genius to see that week in week out they are conceding avoidable goals, trying to play out from the back, losing the ball in their own final third 5,6,7 or 8 times a game and conceding 2 goals from the resulting chances. This might be a viable game plan if the times they didn't lose the ball from the back they were linking into midfield and getting their quality into the game, but they don't. How does your man in charge, your coaches, your analysts not say 'hold up we are getting rolled every week and we aren't helping ourselves at all'

How has your man in charge not at least tried a different style of play and how has he avoided being absolutely slated for his lack of invention and belief. Watch him on the side line, he has looked defeated and out of ideas since well before the covid break.

The covid break was a real opportunity for Norwich, they could have come back with 9 games to play and set up for 9 cup finals, instead they have come back without any new invention and no real belief. As a fan of football I would have had more respect for them if they had come back and at least tried to be hard to beat, set up tight at the back, men behind the ball, kicking for position if they are under the cosh and then looking to set pieces, Cantwell, Puuki or Buendia as an outlet.

I write this as a goalkeeper who played at a decent level, of course I'm not assuming to know better than Prem players and managers but something just baffles me about Norwich's PL campaign this year. I'm watching them and thinking if my CB's were losing the ball trying to play out from the back week in and week out at even a semi pro level I would have murdered one of them by now, full Brucey Grobelaar moment would ensue. Cannot understand how a keeper of Kruul's experience hasn't tore his hair out with this set up in front of him.

Would you rather play 'attractive' football in the championship or play 'ugly' football in the prem? seems Norwich and Farke stuck to their guns and have inevitably shot themselves in the foot.

Would love to hear from some Norwich fans, as I cannot understand how the mood around the club can be anything other than disappointed.

😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆

Good try though to get a bite.

Stick to goalkeeping as your wind ups are not quite there yet sweetheart 😉

I thought you'd have better things to be doing on an evening where you beat the mighty Lincoln 🤷‍♂️

5 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Download speeds in Suffolk are REALLY slow.

Backward even

Dial up where he/she is.

PS. Cracking England/France game.

Just now, keelansgrandad said:

Dial up where he/she is.

PS. Cracking England/France game.

Ha ha yes, I am not going to change it now.

Great game, two very good teams, going for it. France will be a real threat at the WC

Serious question.to the OP. While our grade one academy is producing Premier League players, why is your grade two academy only producing third division footballers? 

• Like 1

We have time travellers stuck in an alternate dimension posting on the PinkUn?!

Well, it beats the rubbish posted by Bill, I guess.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

We have time travellers stuck in an alternate dimension posting on the PinkUn?!

Well, it beats the rubbish posted by Bill, I guess.

Thats an extremely very low bar though Hoggy. ..... 

1 hour ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Download speeds in Suffolk are REALLY slow.

Backward even

I was mentally preparing a similar gag as I scrolled through the replies!

In the words of Robin Williams, "Son of a bítch stole my line!" 😆

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, yavanzhai55 said:

How has somebody within the club, principally Farke, not identified that they are shipping goals left right and centre from completely avoidable situations. I'm talking about them playing a style of football that can only be played with top quality ball playing centre backs. It doesn't take a genius to see that week in week out they are conceding avoidable goals, trying to play out from the back, losing the ball in their own final third 5,6,7 or 8 times a game and conceding 2 goals from the resulting chances. This might be a viable game plan if the times they didn't lose the ball from the back they were linking into midfield and getting their quality into the game, but they don't. How does your man in charge, your coaches, your analysts not say 'hold up we are getting rolled every week and we aren't helping ourselves at all'

How has your man in charge not at least tried a different style of play and how has he avoided being absolutely slated for his lack of invention and belief. Watch him on the side line, he has looked defeated and out of ideas since well before the covid break.

Put the crack pipe down, you are clearly frying your brain. 

What a strange opening post.

Not only is it outdated, the veiled put downs have a distinct whiff of something that last filled the Carrow Road air some two seasons ago (and counting.)  

As things have turned out that relegation last season seems to have evolvedt for the good, in my book at least.

Not only have lessons been learned in abundance, but also this season has turned out to have provided us all with an unrivalled amount of interest and fun. Due to the pandemic we have been subject to virtually two games per week, with access to them all live via IFollow etc. Two things hitherto unheard of, and what a welcome break from the tedium of lockdown they have indeed been.

In hindsight the relegation has surely been a boon whereby with so much doom in the life at the moment it has provided at least some great positives.

Of course, our success in the league thus far has helped a lot, but we were always destined to be there or thereabouts despite the contents of the opening poster's curious diatribe. 

If I were a binner at this moment in time I would be more concerned about their owner's current  business strategy than the defensive strategies of Norwich City's head coach  ..... last season.

Strange incursion indeed.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1

I could never take the sort of interest in other clubs that some seem to take in ours.

No, wait....I'll Google and find a WBA forum and let them know where its all gone wrong. I'm sure it will have escaped all Baggies fans and, quite possibly, their coaching team as well & they'll all be grateful for my independent musings.

Not.

Beggars belief that someone can start a thread and their first post ever with a copy of a post written about last season. Short of a few marbles, probably, or didn't read it properly before they copied it.

If you read this @yavanzhai55  can you explain your thinking?

It triggered 750+ views on a forum page with embedded adverts... maybe that's the thinking?

23 hours ago, yavanzhai55 said:

I stopped reading at "Cities". 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Beggars belief that someone can start a thread and their first post ever with a copy of a post written about last season. Short of a few marbles, probably, or didn't read it properly before they copied it.

If you read this @yavanzhai55  can you explain your thinking?

Very curious. I noticed on the ‘Josh Martin needs more playing time’ thread a couple weeks back was an exact copy/paste of a reddit post by user u/Z_M_S. This is the exact same M.O. reposting a reddit thread by a pinkie user with their first post...never to be seen again. Very strange behaviour.

• Thanks 1

City's. You need a couple of question marks as well and " top quality ball playing centre backs. " needs a hyphen or it looks strange. 

Gave up on this rather late/bizarre rant half way through.  If it’s the ‘quick’ version god alone knows how long and rambling the ‘standard’ one is.

Edited by Branston Pickle

15 minutes ago, WD40 said:

Very curious. I noticed on the ‘Josh Martin needs more playing time’ thread a couple weeks back was an exact copy/paste of a reddit post by user u/Z_M_S. This is the exact same M.O. reposting a reddit thread by a pinkie user with their first post...never to be seen again. Very strange behaviour.

For the uneducated ones amongst us WD, you what 🤷🏻‍♂️😆