dylanisabaddog

Blackburn v Brentford

If Brentford fail to win this I can't see how they can catch us. 

I'm interested to see Norgaard play for Brentford. Back after a long injury and I'm wondering if he's as good as claimed, especially if we're in the market for that type of player

Defensive midfield but allegedly he has a good range of forward passing. I don't know as I've never seen him play but Brentford fans rave about him. 

Brentford 1 up with a penalty from Toney

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

If Brentford fail to win this I can't see how they can catch us. 

Nobody is catching us.

Always thought this would be a banker for Brentford as they haven't played for 9 days and Blackburn played on Tuesday.

Soft penalty aside, Brentford haven't done a lot, and have hoofed it long most of the time.

12 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Happy enough if Bees win, it adds to the pressure on the sides around them. Much prefer them to go up with us, out of the three. 

I think we want the 2 with us to come straight back down again. Probably the ones that have the smallest amount to spend. 

1 minute ago, Icecream Snow said:

Always thought this would be a banker for Brentford as they haven't played for 9 days and Blackburn played on Tuesday.

Soft penalty aside, Brentford haven't done a lot, and have hoofed it long most of the time.

I know they're winning but it's not great is it!? 

2 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I know they're winning but it's not great is it!? 

No but if youre Brentford youd be delighted to scrape a 1-0 win at this stage of the season.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hogesar said:

No but if youre Brentford youd be delighted to scrape a 1-0 win at this stage of the season.

Precisely. At this stage of the season, and especially considering how congested it is, the result trumps the style every time.

Jeepers, talk about "rub of the green" a very questionable penalty for Brentford, obvious penalty denied for Blackburn.

Just seen the highlights.
Definitely a pen. for Blackburn, the player was held back with by the Brentford player grabbing his arm.

Brentford played for their penalty, there was knee to knee contact but it seems as though the Brentford player realised this and so then decided to fall over... should have got a yellow for cheating.

• Thanks 1

Word seems to be Dack has done his knee again which is such a shame for him, especially as it was a pretty innocuous challenge.

Must have been a poor performance from Brentford as they relied on a penalty for for their only goal 

It was said that Cantwell dived to get a City penalty not so long ago.

That was a rock hard decision compared to last night's 'oh so soft' one that favoured Brentford.

There was, however hardly a murmur of genuine complaint from the Blackburn defenders with just the 'culprit' expressing his surprise and innocence. 

Its as if they, and footballers in general, have now become used to it all to the point of acceptance.

There are now seemingly far, far more penalties awarded in all games than ever before, with some clubs, Watford for one, seemingly getting them on a regular basis and to the point of reliance.

Penalties used to be the exception. Now they are the rule. 

Edited by BroadstairsR

34 minutes ago, king canary said:

Word seems to be Dack has done his knee again which is such a shame for him, especially as it was a pretty innocuous challenge.

Given he spent 12 months out pretty recently with a knee injury, it looked pretty bad straight away when he didn't get up. You get a lot of play-acting nowadays, but it just smacked of a bad one by the reaction (or lack of it) from Dack and everyone around him. 

It's a shame, as he's a decent player.

What's happened to Harvey Elliot? Always benched. He was virtually unplayable against us at times not so long ago. The inconsistencies of youth?

31 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Brentford now getting some ref assistance like Swansea. It's bizarre.

We’ve had 9 pens, some of those have been fairly soft including one for Aaron’s when there was little contact. 

Attacking teams are more likely to be in situations to win penalties 

Another below par performance from Bees, blamed on a poor pitch.