Sign in to follow this  
Rich T The Biscuit

Leeds Fans

Just in case Lowfields is prowling in case you've not seen it but they don't seem to recognise a joke on Twitter.

Farke commented on not winning the manager of month and described Bielsa as the coach of the world and boy has it got them twisted out of shape.

That would by the way be those Leeds fan that would never have said boo to a goose until after they got promoted.

It's classic if you fancy a laugh.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DraytonBoy said:

I think if Bielsa was asked about it he'd probably say 'who's Daniel Farke?'.😀

To be fair we all ask who the **** is Bielsa when he arrived at Leeds so maybe 🤷🏻

And the reply would be “ the guy that beat you to the title two years ago when you failed to get promoted”

2 hours ago, DraytonBoy said:

Most would respond with "the guy who beat you to the championship title whilst you done your usual late season collapse"

1 hour ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

To be fair we all ask who the **** is Bielsa when he arrived at Leeds so maybe 🤷🏻

Really? He'd managed at two World Cups and some biggish sides in Europe. I was asking how the hell Leeds had managed to convince him to come to the Championship.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Really? He'd managed at two World Cups and some biggish sides in Europe. I was asking how the hell Leeds had managed to convince him to come to the Championship.

Genuinely I'm not taking the p***, I'd never heard of him before he arrived.

To be fair I don't take much interest in the Argentinian national team nor watch much European football so maybe it's just me 🤷🏻

10 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

To be fair I don't take much interest in the Argentinian national team nor watch much European football so maybe it's just me 🤷🏻

I’d heard of him but not as a top manager, I’d have to google him to know where he’s managed before Leeds!

2 minutes ago, Indy said:

I’d heard of him but not as a top manager, I’d have to google him to know where he’s managed before Leeds!

I'd wager a bet that if you asked most Leeds fans and they were honest they'd say either above or who, especially the teenage fans who are now all everything on twitter (or on here) 😬 

He was definetely very well known before he came to Leeds and it was seen as a bit of a coup for them.

Then again, partly why he was so well known is because he's an absolute nutter (not necessarily in a bad way).

Pretty sure that Guardiola credits Bielsa as one of his big influences in management and they are also friends off the pitch too.  He's a high quality manager that's for sure, with a rep far higher than a club who were mid table in the champ... the sort of manager I'd expect to see at a club like Athletico Madrid.

36 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Fair enough, but he was genuinely one of my first choices to be the next England manager when Hodgson left in 2016.

I take it all of you knew who DF was before he came to Carrow Road?😀

Nope but that’s the beauty of an up and coming young manager, Webber had and that’s what’s important.

Given the budgets differences and the performance since both joined the respective clubs, the love fest for Bielsa is a little confusing as Farke isn’t a media darling but has out performed Bielsa as manager! Both doing a decent job.

I take it all of you knew who DF was before he came to Carrow Road?😀

Any ideas how we could tempt the sheffield Utd fans back?

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

Any ideas how we could tempt the sheffield Utd fans back?

You could always nip over to their forum..................

I’m pretty sure we were linked with Bielsa when Lambert left, before we appointed Hughton. With hindsight I know who I’d rather we had appointed.

Surprised a few of you had never heard of Bielsa before, especially after his Chile teams 2010 world cup and his famous 3-1-3-3 formation they used.

Like said by Willmeister he was a name linked when Lambert left, although I suspect there was never any solid chances of him coming, but I can remember hoping the link was true.