Sign in to follow this  
Nuff Said

Forum not working on mobile Firefox?

I may be in a minority here, but I use Firefox on my iPhone, in a probably futile attempt to minimise how much my browsing is tracked. For the last few days, all I’ve ever had from this forum is: 

Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.

The main site works fine, as does the forum on Safari.

@Pete Raven - any ideas? TIA

I've got the same problem using Chrome on my phone. I've switched to Samsung Internet and it's fine. 

There was a long discussion about the cure for this a couple of weeks ago. Some very clever people posted a solution I didn't understand so I just switched to Samsung and made a shortcut on my home page. Everything else though Chrome. 

Got to clear your history / cache...

For Firefox.. 

Tap Settings in the menu panel. Under the Privacy section, tap Data Management. Tap Website Data. Tap the red button next to each site you want to clear, tap Delete.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I've got the same problem using Chrome on my phone. I've switched to Samsung Internet and it's fine. 

There was a long discussion about the cure for this a couple of weeks ago. Some very clever people posted a solution I didn't understand so I just switched to Samsung and made a shortcut on my home page. Everything else though Chrome. 

Yeah so Samsung Internet will work for a while, but unfortunately eventually do the same thing. Its a forum fault but in simplest terms deleting your history / website data every now and again will resolve it until Archant's Web guys....possibly do.

I’ve been getting the same thing on my iPod/iPhone - clearing the website data for pinkun/archant seems to sort it but it’s a pain in the bum.

27 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Got to clear your history / cache...

For Firefox.. 

Tap Settings in the menu panel. Under the Privacy section, tap Data Management. Tap Website Data. Tap the red button next to each site you want to clear, tap Delete.

I have to do this daily at the moment 

15 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

I have to do this daily at the moment 

Same here, unusable on my android phone  unless I delete cookies/data every single time I want to use it which is a pain.

Is it being sorted soon  @Pete Raven

I get this on Safari:

Bad request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.

Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.

• Like 1