Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Wilder sacked

On comparing us keeping Farke to the blades not keeping Wilder, I think it's a bit simplistic of Lineker... Past results are one thing, but a big part of any decision would be what's going on behind the scenes too.  Clearly the working relationship with Farke and upper management was still stable at the end of last season... but we don't know that was the case for Wilder (and the trumours make it sound like there were issues).

I'm sure if that relationship had broken down between Webber and Farke, our previous championship campaign would have been pretty irrelevant in terms of whether we looked for a new manager or not too.

We are lucky to have them onboard, it will be a sad day when they depart. 

2 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

TBF, it is a nuanced point. Succession planning is a key part of successful and responsible management. But Webber is hardly going to want to appoint someone who will make his efforts appear less impressive.

I would hope that as a conscientious employee of the club he will do his very best to appoint someone who will make his efforts appear less impressive.

9 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

I would hope that as a conscientious employee of the club he will do his very best to appoint someone who will make his efforts appear less impressive.

Of course. And no matter how good they are, he can always point to the work he did as providing the very best foundations to achieve.

I am a little concerned how Farke might react if Kieron Scott his promoted to DF and Farke effectively reports to him.

I'm not saying KS is not good enough but the rise from scout to Farke's boss is a step too far, too quick.