Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Wilder sacked

Surprise news. It'll be interesting to see who they appoint next.

Apparently there have been major disagreements between Wilder and the owner 

Timing is a bit odd, they have little chance of beating the drop, you'd think they'd wait and bring someone in fresh at the end of the season

Over a 50 year period I have slowly but surely come to dislike everything about Sheffield United intensely. 

Just felt like getting that off my chest 

• Like 1

We could probably get the inside story if only those sheffield Utd fans hadn't turned their back on our forum.

All very sad.....

• Haha 10

Good job we didn't sack our coach when we were bottom.

Of course he can walk away with a probable pay out. I wonder how many people can walk away from their jobs at the moment. No sympathy for anyone in football who is rewarded for failure.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Someone's just told me that he thinks he's gone because the Blades want to adopt a DOF approach and he was less than keen.

That may or may not be true in this case but it is likely clubs have looked at the way having a DoF and a head coach has worked for us and now think it is the way to go for them.

4 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Someone's just told me that he thinks he's gone because the Blades want to adopt a DOF approach and he was less than keen.

Someone’s just told me that this is Kitty’s favourite school bag, and she’s going to be wrapped up snug as a bug in a rug.

That was my small child in this instance... but, well, it only goes to show. Some people will say anything.

Seriously though, that is a plausible theory and seems to be a perennial story, as more clubs move in that direction.

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Of course he can walk away with a probable pay out. I wonder how many people can walk away from their jobs at the moment. No sympathy for anyone in football who is rewarded for failure.

I think looking at the bigger picture, its not a failure - League 1 to Premier is a massive success. Admittedly this season is a down in comparison. 

Depending on what you read, hes been sacked or walked.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PurpleCanary said:

That may or may not be true in this case but it is likely clubs have looked at the way having a DoF and a head coach has worked for us and now think it is the way to go for them.

That can of course be a huge mistake if you get the wrong one. I think you need to pick the Director first then let him pick the coach. 

Brewster looked like a desperation signing to me. He might do alright for them next season but never looked like the answer for this season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dylanisabaddog said:

That can of course be a huge mistake if you get the wrong one. I think you need to pick the Director first then let him pick the coach. 

We may be ‘wise after the event’ at Norwich... but that still makes us wise 😁

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GJP said:

Brewster looked like a desperation signing to me. He might do alright for them next season but never looked like the answer for this season.

Yes he could be good in the Championship but they certainly didnt pay a Championship fee for him.

Pity. Sure, this season wasn't going well for them, but no matter what colours you wear, it's a shame when a club legend goes like that. He should still have a lot of credit for what he did there.

28 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Indeed, though there were plenty who would have binned DF at various points.  I’m sure they are probably happy enough right now and will be until the next iffy run of form.

I think some Sheff fans would look at us and our poor form after the restart and point to sticking with the manager, but for me the big difference is the huge amount of money spent to actually go backwards in terms of performance. It’s lazy to suggest they were in the same situation and a bit of an insult to how we went about things and why we have stuck with Daniel!

26 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I wonder if a certain Jock with Champions League winner on his CV will apply ?  😂

Or another Jock in Glasgow who recently lost his job

51 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

I think looking at the bigger picture, its not a failure - League 1 to Premier is a massive success. Admittedly this season is a down in comparison. 

Depending on what you read, hes been sacked or walked.  

In any other business, what you achieved before wouldn't matter if it was an apparent failure now.

1 hour ago, king canary said:

Sounds like the owner wanted someone else in charge of transfers and he wouldn't accept it.

That would probably be wise, theyve spent an estimated £120m since returning to the prem.

I always thought spending that sort of cash guaranteed you premier league survival 🙈.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

Well he and his overlapping centre backs were considered genius a year ago, so something must have gone wrong behind the scenes!

Overlapping Centre backs. That done my brain in. Good riddance to the little gnome. Never like him