Sign in to follow this  
pete

Daniel misses out again MOTM

Daniel nominated for Manager of the Month for February yet again.  Dropped points to Millwall and Swansea cost DF yet again.  But 5 subsequent victories against Championship minnows were not enough to dethrone Mick McCarthy at Cardiff.  Three wins against Sheff Wed, Forest and Blackburn will see March wrapped up.  Drop points to any of these could see the Barnsley manager sneak it provided they wins still come.  However the history of MOTM shows Daniel to miss out again and not add to his only award even if DF nominated every month for the award since Sept 20. 

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/norwich-farke-boss-misses-monthly-award-7820380

It's laughable but do we reaally care? We've had this at lil ol' Norwich as far as I can remember...winning the thing will be the obvious 2 fingers up at them and sure this will be a smidge of incentive for DF to do just that.

...I would add if Emi doesnt win POTM and even POTS then they obviously know f-all about the game and/or the board are based in Suffolk.

...sorry, I've just seen Pukks won it. He's been great, but 2nd to Emi imo...I dont think they really understand the game...seems like they just read the headlines.

Apparently there is a clause in Farke's contract that says he can't recieve a manager of the month award until he has also provided an independent solution to Fermat's last theorem.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Farke won 16 points from seven matches, McCarthy got 19 from seven. Even Ismael was probably ahead of Farke, as Barnsley won all five of their matches (two were postponed).

Can't really see how they could give it to Farke, to be honest.

Exactly this. It's about results within the calendar month. Our 7 match winning run has straddled two months. We dropped 5 points in February.

I’m sure he’s not that bothered, there always seems to be one team that does a little better each month and we did lose/draw games.  You’d hope he’d not be overlooked for the season award should we continue anything like our current form - there’s no genius-like Wilder this season(!) 

3 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I’m sure he’s not that bothered, there always seems to be one team that does a little better each month and we did lose/draw games.  You’d hope he’d not be overlooked for the season award should we continue anything like our current form - there’s no genius-like Wilder this season(!) 

Bielsa will get it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's silly he hasn't won, but he's still in the running for winning a far bigger prize at the end of the season, so I'm sure he won't care too much if he can add a second league winners medal to his collection...

I'm not sure whether all these awards are anything other than the necessity to say someone has done better than someone else.

Its only an opinion at the end of the day.

38 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I'm not sure whether all these awards are anything other than the necessity to say someone has done better than someone else.

Its only an opinion at the end of the day.

True

For all its faults, and oh, have I  complained bitterly on these hallowed pages, I imagine it was invented to give a bit of recognition and interest to those doing well with lesser resources, and who might not have the materials to sustain success over a longer period. Might be a nice thing to show off to your current or potential future chairmen/owners. Fair dooze in that sense.

Unless the bottom suddenly drops out of our season, he'd have to be nailed on for the yearly award.  If that went to someone else, I think you'd definitely have to ask some questions of the people deciding these awards...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gibbo said:

Unless the bottom suddenly drops out of our season, he'd have to be nailed on for the yearly award.  If that went to someone else, I think you'd definitely have to ask some questions of the people deciding these awards...

It's going to Bielsa, nailed on.

Best coach of the world and the way he's kept Leeds in the PL means had he been in the Championship he'd have won it.

Well done Marcelo 👏

😆

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gibbo said:

I think the only thing that could stop Farke winning it would be Barnsley winning the playoffs. Assuming we don't let the ten point lead slip, that's the only situation in which another manager may deserve it more than Farke.

Farke won’t get any more “manager of” awards. All the other managers say we have the best players and hence team, so the remaining awards will go to a combination of Brentford, Swansea, Watford and Barnsley managers.

Edited by Surfer

We have been expected to be contending for the title all season....and we have, so we are only performing to expectations. I cant imagine DF losing a seconds sleep over this. He will be focused on winning the league....not much else matters right now, within the Club, that is.

10 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

We have been expected to be contending for the title all season....and we have, so we are only performing to expectations. I cant imagine DF losing a seconds sleep over this. He will be focused on winning the league....not much else matters right now, within the Club, that is.

Agree, MOTM is just people opinion but having champions on his CV once and hopefully twice will mean a whole lot more.

Let the others have it, might be all they get.