Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Judges Remarks

6 hours ago, hogesar said:

Its worth noting that Judge is disputing what was said.

Which is even more reason to have the refs 🎤  up.

The problem is there are so many diabolical referees who appear to do it for nothing more than ego that you can't say for certain who, if either, are telling the truth.

Here's Judge's response:

"I’ve got a decent reputation in the game and I won’t stand by and be accused of saying something I didn’t and not responding"

Alan Judge has angrily disputed Darren Drysdale’s recall of the events at the end of Town’s game with Northampton last month that resulted in the referee being charged with improper conduct.

The official appeared to square up to the Blues midfielder following protests from Alan over not getting a penalty decision in the last minute of the goalless draw.

Drysdale apologised for his actions to the Club and Alan through the PGMOL (Professional Game Match Officials Limited) the following day and was subsequently charged by the FA.

He admitted the charge and an independent Regulatory Commission today awarded him a back-dated suspension and gave him a warning to his future conduct but it’s the version of events that the referee gave to the Commission that has infuriated Alan, with the official claiming he was called a cheat and the ‘four letter C word’.  

“I said the incident was over as far as I was concerned when I walked off the pitch and that I wasn’t looking for an apology,” Alan told the Club website.

“I didn’t want to make anything of it because it’s a tough job being a referee but I’m not going to keep quiet when I’ve been accused of calling the referee a cheat and using the C word.

“I’ll admit using the F word but I said to him ‘you have got to be F…… joking me and I said that a couple of times to him. I never used the C word. I don't use that word and I didn't call him a cheat.

“My mum passed away last week - which is far more important than this - and I don’t need this hassle to be honest. Like I said, the matter was closed but I’ve got a decent reputation in the game and I won’t stand by and be accused of saying something I didn’t and not responding.

“Our media team have got some audio and it backs me up. Some people have said I should have come out straightaway and explained what I said but I didn’t want to do that. I was trying to help Darren. I said the matter was finished and it was but I have to make it clear now that I totally dispute what has been said by the referee.”

How can the authorities get it so wrong then, if, as we have been said, there are 2 completely different versions here? Audio is available so surely, that must help. You can't mishear the words cheating and c**** and get them confused with f******  joking me, can you?

There has been time for reflection and to gather evidence. What about all the other players within earshot of the two of them? There were plenty to offer evidence.

It doesn't add up.

Mic them up then, let’s all hear it.

of course we’d then hear all the underhanded stuff they say between eachother as well

45 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Mic them up then, let’s all hear it.

of course we’d then hear all the underhanded stuff they say between eachother as well

Can you imagine the stuff that would be heard.

Ok Bruno, you want a penalty today then no problem, as you're Man Utd it's our duty to make sure you get one so get yourself in the box, look for a random leg dangling, throw your leg out to connect and go down, I'll make sure you get it and if I'm being blocked then we'll make sure Stockley Park give it instead.

Or: well it was a really good goal but I'm not sure football needs Norwich scoring more against Spurs so let's take the freeze frame of the pass from Vrancic at precisely the point where Pukki is off and then give it, just wait till we adjust the frame, oh but don't worry about the fact that the ball has already left Vrancics boot as it's only lil'ol Norwich so no one will mind.

28 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Can you imagine the stuff that would be heard.

Ok Bruno, you want a penalty today then no problem, as you're Man Utd it's our duty to make sure you get one so get yourself in the box, look for a random leg dangling, throw your leg out to connect and go down, I'll make sure you get it and if I'm being blocked then we'll make sure Stockley Park give it instead.

Or: well it was a really good goal but I'm not sure football needs Norwich scoring more against Spurs so let's take the freeze frame of the pass from Vrancic at precisely the point where Pukki is off and then give it, just wait till we adjust the frame, oh but don't worry about the fact that the ball has already left Vrancics boot as it's only lil'ol Norwich so no one will mind.

It would be funny though; "you're not getting a free-kick for that in this country sunshine".

I really don't think the Pinkun faithful could handle it.

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

It would be funny though; "you're not getting a free-kick for that in this country sunshine".

I really don't think the Pinkun faithful could handle it.

Can you imagine what we would have heard in the Ferguson days.

Sir Alex, my watch says 3 minutes extra time, how many do you need to get the goal 😬

So Mr Fist Pump reckons he has a good reputation within the game..................Interesting to say the least.

Edited by TIL 1010

15 hours ago, WD40 said:

What do the sc*m make of this? Do they acknowledge they have actual human garbage on their books and defend the behaviour or think it’s wrong?

The same as every other team up and down the country. Every team does it, it is by no means just them.

Football should follows Rugby's example. Back the refs, make it so they have to call him sir and any hint of dissent gets severely punished. It works two-fold, mostly because it will stamp it out but also, how entertaining will it be to watch multiple red cards per game, every game for the first few weeks.

• Like 1

By Judges own comments he swore at the referee  and should have been punished. Once again it shows the FA is not fit for purpose Judge should have been before the FA. The FA have turned a blind eye to the standard of refereeing, turned a blind eye to the standard of use of VAR leaving it ll down to the controversial Riley to implement and totally mess up.

Whilst the FA are so out of touch with the day to day running of the game I cannot see any improvement happening, according to yesterdays news they are more interested with the female players education rather than sorting problems out.

42 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

The same as every other team up and down the country. Every team does it, it is by no means just them.

Football should follows Rugby's example. Back the refs, make it so they have to call him sir and any hint of dissent gets severely punished. It works two-fold, mostly because it will stamp it out but also, how entertaining will it be to watch multiple red cards per game, every game for the first few weeks.

You’re right, that would be hilarious! Get rid of VAR and introduce a rugby-like code of respect for the ref at the same time. It would also generate loss of extra media coverage, which seems to be the priority for the FA these days.

Many years ago when dinosaurs were still roaming the earth, I became a Class 1 ref (the best you could get at that time). Even at a local level I can guarantee you that calling me a cheat would get you a yellow card, and shouting the C word at me would get you a straight red every time, If, and it is if Judge used those words he should have been sent off.

That's precisely what "foul and abusive" language is all about. Red card offence. If you call anyone a "cheating ****", straight red.

Tell the pro refs to REALLY get clamping on it for a season. The problem is this is one of those cases where pros / top level referees have more back-up than your Sunday league brethren.

David Elleray famously didn't like being called a cheat...or maybe he just wanted his eardrums to stop bleeding from Tony Adam's bloody ridiculous screeching.

Edited by Drazen Muzinic
  • Thanks 1

I thought this was going to be a post about the summing up of a criminal case, possibly involving something relevant to Norwich City. It turns out it's something to do with some obscure lower-league team but I'm not sure what relevance it has to us?

• Like 1

Would he have said the same to a female ref, particularly if she was follicly challenged.

I don't get the argument that certain language has to be tolerated in football because it's a 'passionate game' or 'you'll have to give 5 red cards a game'.

Rugby is passionate, Cricket is passionate, Tennis is passionate. Bad behaviour is pretty rare in these sports and when it is it is reprimanded swiftly and consistently.

Give him a red card, give the next player who tell's the ref to 'f**k off' a red card. It's within the laws of the game. If it ends up 9 vs 9 for a few games then so be it. They'll learn very quickly.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, hertfordyellow said:

I don't get the argument that certain language has to be tolerated in football because it's a 'passionate game' or 'you'll have to give 5 red cards a game'.

Rugby is passionate, Cricket is passionate, Tennis is passionate. Bad behaviour is pretty rare in these sports and when it is it is reprimanded swiftly and consistently.

Give him a red card, give the next player who tell's the ref to 'f**k off' a red card. It's within the laws of the game. If it ends up 9 vs 9 for a few games then so be it. They'll learn very quickly.

The refs are scared to do it because the coaches will give them bad reports and its their income affected if they end up reffing Plymouth v Southend.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

So Mr Fist Pump reckons he has a good reputation within the game..................Interesting to say the least.

Isn't that Luke Chambers?

3 hours ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

David Elleray famously didn't like being called a cheat...or maybe he just wanted his eardrums to stop bleeding from Tony Adam's bloody ridiculous screeching.

He's been giving Lacazette vocal coaching, right? 😉

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Dickie said:

Here's Judge's response:

"

“Our media team have got some audio and it backs me up. Some people have said I should have come out straightaway and explained what I said but I didn’t want to do that. I was trying to help Darren. I said the matter was finished and it was but I have to make it clear now that I totally dispute what has been said by the referee.”

Come on then Judgey . Let’s get the “media” and have a listen. Easy peasy. You little Binner sh1te. ( hang on , I didn’t say that did I?) 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard

Interestingly in the panel's decision it says they contacted Ipswich multiple times to get Judge's side of things and he refused to appear before them or give a statement, but he's now quite happy to have his say in the press.

25 minutes ago, Peanuts said:

Interestingly in the panel's decision it says they contacted Ipswich multiple times to get Judge's side of things and he refused to appear before them or give a statement, but he's now quite happy to have his say in the press.

Slimy, scummy club. Anyone that heard the monosyllabic defence offered by a desperate Lambert on Radio 5 the next day will question whether any of the Binners are capable of telling the truth. 

Funny enough I watched the big match revisited this morning as one of the games was City’s 2-1 win over Southampton back in the days of Peters & Keelan, but the third game had a Stoke player sent of for abuse of the ref as he ran past, so back then it was a red card offence!

6 minutes ago, Indy said:

Funny enough I watched the big match revisited this morning as one of the games was City’s 2-1 win over Southampton back in the days of Peters & Keelan, but the third game had a Stoke player sent of for abuse of the ref as he ran past, so back then it was a red card offence!

and yet some of the assault type tackles from that era received nothing more than a ticking off, yet these days players can be sent off for the most minimal of contact type tackles. 

I think football has got it's priorities wrong and some call it progress?

Edited by Crabbycanary3

3 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

and yet some of the assault type tackles from that era received nothing more than a ticking off, yet these days players can be sent off for the most minimal of contact type tackles. 

I think football has got it's priorities wrong and some call it progress?

Absolutely, not that I want to see those tackles back, but yep noticeable that all the players who got lumps kicked out of them got straight back up and no screaming!

Most got up with a little grin knowing they’ve marked that player for a little retribution later in the game😂👍

Edited by Indy

7 minutes ago, Indy said:

Absolutely, not that I want to see those tackles back, but yep noticeable that all the players who got lumps kicked out of them got straight back up and no screaming!

I think the same. Somewhere in between the assaults of the 1970s and the feather touch , screaming/maiming/scarred for life, type tackles of today. Coming togethers are not always a foul, nor a card, and football is a contact sport.

On the other hand, the Refs should not have to endure any swearing/name calling etc and should be respected by the players. This obviously is a 2 way street and the authorities should back the refs with Laws that can facilitate and implement this course of action.

Edited by Crabbycanary3
  • Like 2