duke63

Pritchard on a free?

I see his contract is up at the end of the season. Would you have him back?

On a free he might be worth a punt. I know Farke thinks very highly of him.

Spends lots of time stuck on the bench at Huddersfield and has done nothing when facing us, so how about a big fat no.

Why, when we are about to go up to the Premier League, would we look to sign this mediocre Championship player? 

Jacob Murphy is also out of contract, if looking to sign any former player i'd rather have him.

His career has taken a real nose dive since he left us. A shame because he looked really good in his time at CR.

• Like 2

I reckon his wage demands would outweigh any value he adds to our team. 

He's always struck me as an unashamed mercenary. 

I was a big fan of his style of football back in the day, but he must represent everything that Webber and farke are not looking for in a player. 

Edited by Chelm Canary
  • Like 1

I'd rather play hide-and-seek with Osama bin Laden than have that useless numpty back.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

I'd rather play hide-and-seek with Osama bin Laden than have that useless numpty back.

That would be a really boring game of hide and seek.

• Haha 2

Just now, hogesar said:

That would be a really boring game of hide and seek.

Still more preferable than Pritchard coming back! 😉

23 minutes ago, duke63 said:

No. Next question please . 

19 minutes ago, Chelm Canary said:

I reckon his wage demands would outweigh any value he adds to our team. 

He's always struck me as an unashamed mercenary. 

I was a big fan of his style of football back in the day, but he must represent everything that Webber and farke are not looking for in a player. 

Beggars cant be choosers...if he ever wants to play in the premier league again, we might be his only chance

I'd say its worth a punt on a free transfer

• Like 1

He was probably one of the ones who wouldve thrived under Farke. I imagine him being that desperate to play in the prem so joined Huddersfield is probably a move he regretted.

I would be surprised, he is not going to gain value and I would be surprised if is any better than any player in a key position we already have in the squad.

1 hour ago, duke63 said:

No thanks hes sh1te

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

No, he thought he was bigger than us and was moving onto bigger and better things.

We don't need players like him

Maybe he'd eat a massive chunk of one of those humble pies that you keep at hand, you know , the ones you seem to like the taste of.

He defo has talent. If we was prepared to  take a one year low  paid contract, with play bonus.  Train hard, work on all aspects of his game, essentially turn the clock back, then why not?no big risk to us after all. He may prove himself useful, he may not. 

Norwich City FC isn't a rehabilitation centre for used up regretful footballers.

If does this or he does that he can come back and have a 2nd shot at the premier league? No lol. 

It's done.

There is a talented player in there, but it needs rekindling and Farke has the advantage of having worked with him to know if he is the right kind of player for him.  So while I would say no, if Farke/Webber got him back in, I would trust that decision totally and expect to see something of the player we bought the first time we got him. 

Pritchard leaving was the best thing that ever happened to us. We signed Emi on the back of him leaving and now have a £40m-£50m player on our hands.

Edited by Willmeister

When we go back up, one of the things we must pay great attention to is making the squad physically more competitive. We need a couple of strong, tall athletes who can also play but can help us on set pieces.

Pritchard definitely isn't that. Not to mention it isn't a good look for the club to bring back a player who was desperate to force his way out of the door. And he's not performed for the last 2-3 seasons. 

Never in a million years, couldn't wait to leave us and probably not good enough to get in our starting XI now. A shame really as he just started to come good under Farke but after relegation he's literally nosedived off the radar. 

It's not on the clubs head to rekindle the career of a player that has faded into obscurity, or take a punt on a player that will make silly wage demands in the hope he comes good. Do people really think he'll come here on a mediocre wage in order to prove himself? 

Sometimes there's a bit too much romanticising on this forum. 

Talented footballer, but if he had an ounce of passion he'd have been plying his trade consistently at a higher level. 

Edited by Chelm Canary