Sign in to follow this  
Samwam27

New right back

I know we have Mumba, and if, and I say IF, Aarons goes, was just reading an article about Ryan Nyambe, of Blackburn. He's 23, has 115 championship games behind him and out of contract in the summer.

Sounds like a decent player, who would fit in to our style of play. I don't know much about him. Anyone got any thoughts?

Where on earth is Sam Byram? I don’t think Farke even bothers to give updates on his recovery.

Failing that I don’t really see this Blackburn chap as any better than Mumba talent wise. If we lose Max I’d like to get someone with more top level experience, home or abroad. 

Just now, WD40 said:

Where on earth is Sam Byram? I don’t think Farke even bothers to give updates on his recovery.

Failing that I don’t really see this Blackburn chap as any better than Mumba talent wise. If we lose Max I’d like to get someone with more top level experience, home or abroad. 

Sam Byram is where he has been for the majority of his career

Recovering from injury

• Haha 1

Sam Byram was excellent when he came into the side last season and was also a better left back than Jamal Lewis. He is more than capable of a doing a job in the premier league but unfortunately you cant rely on him staying fit. Look at Max he very very rarely misses games. 

If Aaron's goes to Everton what about us getting Jonjoe Kenny is exchange. Spent the last 2 seasons at Celtic and Schalke. 23 years old, 16 England u21 caps.

4 hours ago, WD40 said:

Basically said they are giving him time and not rushing him back but he is doing training now, just not with the squad. I'd imagine he'll get some U23 action before the season ends but reading between the lines I don't think we'll see him in the first team squad again this season. Farke clearly rates him though so I'm sure he'll be back for next season. 

Thought Anfernee Dijksteel from boro looked really good. Also the centre half Dael Fry. 

• Like 4

If we sell Aarons I would want us to try and spend what we get on a similar replacement - RB,  either strong Championship experience or a bit of PL experience

4 hours ago, vlad666 said:

Thought Anfernee Dijksteel from boro looked really good. Also the centre half Dael Fry. 

Yep, I liked the look of him as well. Fankaty Dabo would be the one I'd look at most at Coventry.

Totally agree with Dael Fry. He's the new centre-half we'd need.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Move Klose said:

If Aaron's goes to Everton what about us getting Jonjoe Kenny is exchange. Spent the last 2 seasons at Celtic and Schalke. 23 years old, 16 England u21 caps.

Nope. Schalke have been struggling badly in the Bundesliga this season. 

11 hours ago, AJ said:

Basically said they are giving him time and not rushing him back but he is doing training now, just not with the squad. I'd imagine he'll get some U23 action before the season ends but reading between the lines I don't think we'll see him in the first team squad again this season. Farke clearly rates him though so I'm sure he'll be back for next season. 

If we are limited to a number of named players in the EPL, 25 is it? It would be risky to name Byram imo.

It will be Max or ano, Mumba, then Sorensen as backup.

43 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

If we are limited to a number of named players in the EPL, 25 is it? It would be risky to name Byram imo.

It will be Max or ano, Mumba, then Sorensen as backup.

I didn't think you had to name youth players in your 25? So Byram will be in there, but if he's out injured and backup was needed we could use Mumba.

Tbh we've got Tetts, no need to worry, he can play anywhere haha

55 minutes ago, kirku said:

Echo Dael Fry comments. I like Dijksteel mainly for his name...

The fact that we have Gibson here might help with that. 

As for right backs we probably have to accept that we're going to be trading down. I've not seen anyone anywhere near the standard of Max. 

Edited by dylanisabaddog

Any chance we can ask aarons to stay again until January and "see where we are again" and just keep doing this until he is 27/28 and then sell before he starts to loose value 🙂

1 hour ago, TheGunnShow said:

Nope. Schalke have been struggling badly in the Bundesliga this season. 

He was there last year, not this year.

2 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Yep, I liked the look of him as well. Fankaty Dabo would be the one I'd look at most at Coventry.

Totally agree with Dael Fry. He's the new centre-half we'd need.

So we wouldnt want a RB (Jonjoe Kenny) who has been playing for a struggling side in the Bundesliga (even tho he was there last season and not this one) but a right back playing for coventry struggling in the 2nd division is the one you would go for ??? Not sure of your logic there.

Bit like saying you wouldnt take Bogle from Sheff U because theyve had a bad season.

If we sell max i wouldnt expect to see anyone coming in but nyambe from Blackburn is a very good choice. Maybe exchange tommy trybull and some cash there way? Cant see Roberts leaving Swansea personally. Bogle is a decent shout too.

44 minutes ago, Move Klose said:

So we wouldnt want a RB (Jonjoe Kenny) who has been playing for a struggling side in the Bundesliga (even tho he was there last season and not this one) but a right back playing for coventry struggling in the 2nd division is the one you would go for ??? Not sure of your logic there.

Bit like saying you wouldnt take Bogle from Sheff U because theyve had a bad season.

Schalke are bottom of the Bundesliga by a mile, and Kenny's never really stood out at Everton either (Could be the Dowell of right-backs). Dabo's been a standout for Coventry who has consistently impressed a fair few on the board after being released from Chelsea.

I wouldn't mind Bogle either, but suspect he might be too pricey.

13 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Schalke are bottom of the Bundesliga by a mile, and Kenny's never really stood out at Everton either (Could be the Dowell of right-backs). Dabo's been a standout for Coventry who has consistently impressed a fair few on the board after being released from Chelsea.

Chelsea have a record for selling good young right backs. That's where Brighton got Lamptey. I see that Bayern are now being linked with Lamptey so perhaps they found Webber a bit difficult to deal with 😊

1 hour ago, TheGunnShow said:

You're not listening. He's not at Schalke this season. He was there last year.

I definitely think Kenny has potential but think we could do better to replace Aarons.

• Haha 1

If we go up and Swansea don’t how’s about taking Kyle Naughton off their hands... knows the club, can play either side, prem experience, always played in passing sides, might get him reasonably cheap as he’s no spring chicken and in the meantime we don’t have to throw Mumba in at the deep end ....

On 12/03/2021 at 10:03, kirku said:

Echo Dael Fry comments. I like Dijksteel mainly for his name...

He’s a hard man

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don’t necessarily think we’ll buy if Aarons goes. Get a loan in as first choice and if he gets an injury then Rupp or Sorensen will cover. Mumba goes to the championship on loan with the view that if he does well he gets in the side the following season.

Edited by FenwayFrank

On 12/03/2021 at 06:18, HazzaJet said:

If we sell Aarons I would want us to try and spend what we get on a similar replacement - RB,  either strong Championship experience or a bit of PL experience

With respect, there is zero chance we will spend what we get for Aarons or Buendia on replacements. Look at Sheffield United for another example of how spending huge money often actually has negative effects within a club. The likes of Dijksteel and Roberts are good shouts imo and wouldn't cost crazy money.