Sign in to follow this  
pete

7 games unbeaten is it a curse?

Just seen a review of 2016/7 on Sky Sports Football.  Leeds United 7 game run ended just before the seasons end is it an omen.  I trust not to drop points to Sheff Wed would be a hammer blow.

Whilst watching this review which season saw the back of Alex Neil saw several games where City dropped points only the one victory, a forgettable season still finished 8th.  Can't say remember much that season.

Reviews tomorrow of 2017/8 Farke's first season and 2018/9 championship winning season.     

Slightly strange idea - all runs come to an end at some point and no games are easy.  Should we fail to win at the weekend it is what it is.  I believe our record is 10 wins on the trot (pretty sure we did this in 85/86) so that puts into perspective how hard it is to continue a run.

Seven is a cursed number, as I remember us conceding seven v Colchester....and then lost the game

Maybe if we had only conceded six or five

And there is a thought, held by some, that had it been eight instead of seven we may well have won the game

Mystic Bill

1 hour ago, pete said:

Just seen a review of 2016/7 on Sky Sports Football.  Leeds United 7 game run ended just before the seasons end is it an omen.  I trust not to drop points to Sheff Wed would be a hammer blow.

Whilst watching this review which season saw the back of Alex Neil saw several games where City dropped points only the one victory, a forgettable season still finished 8th.  Can't say remember much that season.

Reviews tomorrow of 2017/8 Farke's first season and 2018/9 championship winning season.     

Historically if you desperately need a win, play Norwich. I can see this next game as a potential banana skin

Edited by Mullet

15 minutes ago, Mullet said:

Historically if you desperately need a win, play Norwich. I can see this next game as a potential banana skin

Wycombe presumably desperately needed a win against us 2 weeks ago??!

5 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Do not offend the gods of football superstition

17 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

We don't always lose to the bottom sides but something sticks in my mind that we have a had soft underbelly

I tell you what - there are a whole lot of teams that would trade a 7 game winning streak for the certainly of losing game 8.