Sign in to follow this  
kinggoblin

Skipp loan refused

2 hours ago, Yellow and Green said:

Eh? He's still eligible to play for the u23 team for three years!

he will be eligible to be considered an U21 player next season

and can play for the U23s at any age, if he is used as a permitted overage player

1 hour ago, NFN FC said:

Oliver Skipp is the PinkUn forum user jaberry2 and he's been looking to relocate to Norfolk in the non football section...this is more reliable information than Football Insider 

NFN ITK

I think he will still be here, but if that's wrong then its been great watching him in a Yellow shirt.

4 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I mean, I did say they wouldn't, they see his future as a Spurs player.

But of course you all said I was wrong

His future is more than one season.

21 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

You're clearly not Bill with that response 😆

two down, three to go

• Haha 1

Love to see Olly return, but it would be a slap in the face for Sorensen who has never let us down we don't know how good he is at DM.  Another season outside of his preferred position would be unfortunate.  However Jacob could do an effective job at RB if Max leaves and will be a possible CB which is where Denmark see him.

I agree if we rap up the championship early Jacob could be assessed in DM role.

6 hours ago, pete said:

If cambridge crowing about being correct.  Expect Olly to be here next season.  Would Jose the ultra cautious Mourinho allow a 21 year old to be his defensive lynch pin with the experience of single year of championship football.

Daniel doesn't think like that  he's thinking of getting the maximum £ from where Skippy goes for the season. 

That's why it won't be here, we have increased his value. 

17 hours ago, Darth Vadis said:

Could be good for us if Spurs manage to get him

Sabitzer and Skipp are like chalk and cheese

It’ll be down to whether Spurs want him in their squad next year or whether they want to test him first in the Premier League. I think it’s pretty fair to assume if the latter, then we are in poll position – both in club reputation and the player’s preference. 

Providing all goes to plan, I can see him replacing the rather limited Declan Rice in the England team eventually. A very good player in the making.

On 12/03/2021 at 02:49, Surfer said:

Is Trevor Hockey (or his ghost) still available?

The trouble would be that these days refereeing is Stricker so  Trevor Hockey would get sent off too often.

4 hours ago, kirku said:

Sabitzer and Skipp are like chalk and cheese

One more quality midfielder for Skipp to be competing with though

Edited by Darth Vadis

34 minutes ago, Darth Vadis said:

One more quality midfielder for Skipp to be competing with though

In so far as he's currently competing with Emi..

It'd be a shame but really maybe it's a good thing if we know either way early on as we can work on contingency plans rather than work on this deal all summer and end up panic buying.

I think we'll need numbers in the middle anyway so if we plan for life without Skipp and then he suddenly becomes available on deadline day then I'd still take him.

That said, his replacement may already be here with Sorenson who has proven he can put in solid composed performances even out of position

Very difficult to imagine Oli Skipp making a run like last night for the penalty, under the very defensive stewardship of Mourinho. He just won't be allowed. Stay at Norwich and enjoy pitch freedom Oliver Skipp. You know you want to

4 minutes ago, Walcombe canary said:

Very difficult to imagine Oli Skipp making a run like last night for the penalty, under the very defensive stewardship of Mourinho. He just won't be allowed. Stay at Norwich and enjoy pitch freedom Oliver Skipp. You know you want to

You're making the assumption that Mourinho will still be at Spurs next season... 😉

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Walcombe canary said:

Hope he stays. Do you know a Manager who would be good for Tottenham ?

Sadly Farke.

34 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

You're making the assumption that Mourinho will still be at Spurs next season... 😉

Exactly this, Wolfie. This is the key issue above all else for me. It looks very 50/50 as to whether Jose will still be leading Tottenham next season. So, given that the landscape could change so much there, then it could for us too in regards to whether Skippy joins us for another season or not. As it stands, unless Mourinho’s talking nonsense just to increase his price tag, they are going to want him there, so that looks the most likely in the here and now I feel. But I think OS would be more than happy to have another season here, no question.

• Like 1

On 30/03/2021 at 12:54, Darth Vadis said:

Sabitzer is a central midfielder I believe 

If Mourinho signs him, he'll either be an AM or a DM... 

Allowing Skipp to return would likely be a good move for Tottenham. Its almost statistical that we will be a PL side next season and surely Tottenham would embrace the opportunity for him to develop further by gaining a full season at Premier League level next season. It seems highly unlikely that he would be a regular starter for Tottenham, so let him develop at the next level and they may well see him as an established Premier League player the season after. Where better for him to develop than at a club he is already established and within a team where he already plays a key role and with players he has already gelled with.

Personally I think Tottenham and Skipp would be crazy not to continue the relationship unless they are intending on playing him as a regular themselves.

Norwich wont be rivals for Tottenham so where better to develop their player?

• Like 1