Sign in to follow this  
kinggoblin

Skipp loan refused

Clickbait sh*t!!!!

Skipp may be here next season and he may not. One thing is for absolute sure though - and that's that Football Insider haven't got a clue what's going on and are just making stuff up! 

• Like 6

He'll probably get the pre-season at Spurs in a similar way McCullum did here to see if he is going to make the leap or not.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

He'll probably get the pre-season at Spurs in a similar way McCullum did here to see if he is going to make the leap or not.

Absolutely this! One thing for certain is that Weber and Farke will have already been working on the likely prospect that Skipp won't be here next season.

Edited by horsefly

22 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Hmm. Seems incredibly early to be making decisions like that.

Well it seemed incredibly early to be making the offer, seeing as Spurs can't currently be sure what level we'll be playing at.

They were never realistically going to say yes now were they. We don;t actually even know what division we will be in.

I suspect there may still be scope for something to happen closer to the start of next season depending in what midfield options Mourinho has at his disposal but if not we move on. Skipp has been great for us this season but there will be other options for defensive midfield. 

• Like 1

Skipp will be 21 in September so the “young” tag won’t really apply . Spurs will either decide he is good enough for their squad , or start to think he may not be . 

A 21 year old is getting old for the development category . Maddison was 19 when we bought him and loaned him back to Coventry to continue his development .

Much too early for either side to decide - especially as no promotion has been achieved . 

31 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Clickbait sh*t!!!!

Skipp may be here next season and he may not. One thing is for absolute sure though - and that's that Football Insider haven't got a clue what's going on and are just making stuff up! 

Football League World is the biggest load of cobblers on the internet.

11 minutes ago, WD40 said:

Football League World is the biggest load of cobblers on the internet.

Correction......they're runner up. 

TWTD is the  Cobblers Kingdom.

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I mean, I did say they wouldn't, they see his future as a Spurs player.

But of course you all said I was wrong

Even if you turn out to be right, you were wrong. This simply because it is entirely unknown, I do not think Mourinho/Levy/Farke/Webber will even know, so how can anyone else. Any one who professes to know is either a cocksure fool or a bullsh*tter.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Who did?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Skipp will be 21 in September so the “young” tag won’t really apply . Spurs will either decide he is good enough for their squad , or start to think he may not be . 

A 21 year old is getting old for the development category . Maddison was 19 when we bought him and loaned him back to Coventry to continue his development .

Much too early for either side to decide - especially as no promotion has been achieved . 

Eh? He's still eligible to play for the u23 team for three years!

If cambridge crowing about being correct.  Expect Olly to be here next season.  Would Jose the ultra cautious Mourinho allow a 21 year old to be his defensive lynch pin with the experience of single year of championship football.

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Obviously they see his future as a Spurs player, the point is when.

And as for your track record, you're typically wrong on everything so what do you expect?

Didn't Skipp take his time over whether or not to come here or stay at Tottenham?

We now hear, supposedly, that Jose wanted to recall him in January.

The debate centres on what we can offer if we are promoted and whether or not Tottenham would be prepared to loan him out again.

But what about the player himself? I would think his number one priority would be to return to Tottenham and fight for his place now and to start proving his worth from their first day of pre-season training onwards. Just as they will want to see if he is, how he has improved, and what he has to offer-including taking him on and playing him on wherever they're heading pre-season, probably a lucrative tournament or two somewhere.

We can, as I have, only guess. Mine is that the next time we see him is more likely to be part of their squad if we play them next season & if he is available for loan it might be in January-when there would be lots of clubs interested.

At least we might be able to show him our appreciation then.

Edited by Old Shuck

49 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Obviously they see his future as a Spurs player, the point is when.

And as for your track record, you're typically wrong on everything so what do you expect?

Oh no....you know what he's going to do now, don't you?

To be honest he’s been superb, but Sorensen isn’t that far behind, if at all, we’ve not seen him start in his natural position, when playing left back certainly held his own, looking good in the tackle and confident on the ball.

If he doesn't return then we can just be thankful for what he has done for us, and trust whoever spotted his potential for us can find another gem.

If true, best we know now so we can make other arrangements (we will need 3 players with energy, tenacity, power, pace and some quality in the CDM role... in my view) one of which may be Sorensen but we simply don't know!   

If Skipp is offered back after pre-season, that's a bonus and at least we will have a choice to make!   

Sorensen definitely looks like he has what's needed, but will play the role a bit differently. Skipp's like a Jack Russell terrier - haring after anything and anyone not in yellow that starts coming in, pressing and harrying aggressively. Looking at how Sorensen's played at left-back, he'll probably not be as aggressive in terms of chasing into a tackle but will probably look to pick balls off and then power into spaces before making a pass or driving forward.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

If true, best we know now so we can make other arrangements (we will need 3 players with energy, tenacity, power, pace and some quality in the CDM role... in my view) one of which may be Sorensen but we simply don't know!   

If Skipp is offered back after pre-season, that's a bonus and at least we will have a choice to make!   

Was just typing the same thing!

Much as I like Skipp, when Spurs have the worldwide options that they do, I'm not sure I see Skipp as the best they can get.
Not knocking Skipp but there's some damned good players out there that Spurs can afford, are they really saying Skipp is the best of the lot???

Anyway, so if it's true that they won't loan him again then surely (as ged said) we need to start Sorensen in that position to assess his potential .. in a genuine game rather than pre-season friendly.
I realise the league's not won yet but we don't want to wait until it's too late if a replacement is needed.

Sorensen doesn't look like he's the answer at all......... Until he plays that specific role for many games we will just not know if he is able to cope or not.......... to argue a case is farcical.    No criticism on the lad but....... 

Can everyone stop suggesting he is going to be the answer until there is some actual evidence.    The fact he's done well at LB, looks graceful and composed has no bearing on whether he can cope at CDM and most particularly - run games / control tempo.    He's yet to prove that at EFL level, so EPL level is going to be very difficult with his very very very limited experience at the top levels of football... what is it?   11 / 14 games at LB!    He'll have too much pressure put on his shoulders.  

Oliver Skipp is the PinkUn forum user jaberry2 and he's been looking to relocate to Norfolk in the non football section...this is more reliable information than Football Insider 

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Careful, that's borderline levels of Bill you're showing there with your comment.

You know about as much as the rest of us know.

There are many things that will dictate whether he is here or not, ie who the manager is, who else they sign, how he performs in pre-season etc.

So it's a little early for the lecture Cambridge.

• Like 3

If Skipp is to be available for loan then it's highly likely there will be competition from EPL clubs to get him, including ourselves. His fantastic form wouldn't have gone unnoticed elsewhere and in theory he would look even better in an established Premier League team with quality players around him.

It's also a key position and it's right the club are thinking about this early to establish if we need to hit the transfer market. 

In my opinion Sorensen is more a cultured ball playing midfielder, Skipp a terrier who makes countless tackles.

25 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Careful, that's borderline levels of Bill you're showing there with your comment.

You know about as much as the rest of us know.

There are many things that will dictate whether he is here or not, ie who the manager is, who else they sign, how he performs in pre-season etc.

So it's a little early for the lecture Cambridge.

Probably fair

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

If Skipp is to be available for loan then it's highly likely there will be competition from EPL clubs to get him, including ourselves. His fantastic form wouldn't have gone unnoticed elsewhere and in theory he would look even better in an established Premier League team with quality players around him.

It's also a key position and it's right the club are thinking about this early to establish if we need to hit the transfer market. 

In my opinion Sorensen is more a cultured ball playing midfielder, Skipp a terrier who makes countless tackles.

Agree. Which would make a Skipp-Sorensen axis potentially (stress 'potentially'!) very interesting indeed.