Sign in to follow this  
jonnyace1

Luck is on our side this year

I compare this season to last. We got ZERO luck last year- every single VAR call went against us, every ref decision and every close call. It is not surprising we capitulated so badly . It started with the dreadful VAR call for Pukki with the disallowed goal vs Spurs and got worse . 

This season everything is going our way. All the deflections, fortunate bounces, most of the close calls and inexplicable misses by opponents. I think of Bright Samuel’s sitter in the QPR game, the Canos miss for Brentford as well as Collins hitting the post at 0-0 in the Luton game. Then you have Krul who should have given a penalty away against Wycombe when the score was 1-0 but the ref did not see it. The deflected goals and bounces of the ball that go our way in recent games . It is a polar opposite of last year. 

We are playing well and getting the luck when we need it and it always seems to come at the right time.  I guess you make your own luck and we deserve it after last year. Destiny is on our side!

We’ve had our share of luck but so have every team (I presume). Ask Swansea.

For every Krul punch not seen there’s a useless linesman that doesn’t know the offside law.