https://theathletic.com/2437127/2021/03/10/selling-max-aarons-could-be-best-move-for-norwich-and-their-rising-star/?source=emp_shared_article

Max has confirmed in an interview to Michael Bailey that his surname is pronounced 'Air-ons' instead of 'Ah-rons'. 

This has completely blown my mind. It's like I've been living a lie for these last three years, and I just don't know what's real any more. What even is this 'foot-ball'?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

https://theathletic.com/2437127/2021/03/10/selling-max-aarons-could-be-best-move-for-norwich-and-their-rising-star/?source=emp_shared_article

Max has confirmed in an interview to Michael Bailey that his surname is pronounced 'Air-ons' instead of 'Ah-rons'. 

This has completely blown my mind. It's like I've been living a lie for these last three years, and I just don't know what's real any more. What even is this 'foot-ball'?

I'm so sorry to hear of your plight Wacky, these are tough times. I will immediately start a crowdfunding campaign to secure for you a team of psychiatrists and linguists to help you through the shock and trauma of this shattering disclosure. I'm beginning to get suspicious that Max Ailerons is really Piers Morgan in disguise.

Edited by horsefly

10 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Er...It’s pronounced ‘fark-ball’

At least Maxgate might stop the **** spelling, ‘Arrons’

**** = bâstard. It’s a long established Anglo-Norman term for a misbegotten product. Shouldn’t be banned.

Edited by GenerationA47

2 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

I thought it was obviously how it was pronounced, given Bach's tribute of The Aarons the G String...🤓

Are you now outing him as a cross-dresser too? My God this day is descending into chaos.

Have we gone back in time?  This was raised and discussed (on multiple threads) last week! 
...or is this just yet another mini advert for the Athletic....

Teemu did an interview recently for Finnish tv saying his last name is actually pronounced Pikki, rather than Pukki.

Edited by jaberry2

22 minutes ago, WD40 said:

4 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Have we gone back in time?  This was raised and discussed (on multiple threads) last week! 

Sorry lads, I actually checked the first page to see if this had been mentioned as it does irritate me when duplicate threads are made but obviously those threads are several days old now and weren't there.

My bad.

7 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Hey I didn't make this one at least

But yew also have to allow for Norfolk dialect and redundant vowels. Arons.

Picky takes slightly more effort to say as well.

35 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

What even is this 'foot-ball'?

It's pronounced fewt barl

😀

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

Teemu did an interview recently for Finnish tv saying his last name is actually pronounced Pikki, rather than Pukki.

It's also Tay-mu not TEE-MOO

1 hour ago, jaberry2 said:

It was really starting to get on my t*ts on Ifollow the other day. I better get used to it now.

To be fair, Chris Goreham mentioned it during the Luton comms that the player had requested it.

29 minutes ago, Satriales said:

To be fair, Chris Goreham mentioned it during the Luton comms that the player had requested it.

I must of missed that part, with the constant need to fill the screen with constant adverts or the broken audio. Can you tell I'm not a fan of ifollow?

And did you know that Ben Godfrey is pronounced "Bollox-to-brexit-save-the-Goodfridayagreement"