sonyc

Blackburn related

Maybe karma to pop up.

Last minute penalty for Blackburn?

Though seriously, a draw is a positive result for us.

Nice. 10 points between us now with only one game in hand.

Edited by sonyc

1 minute ago, WD40 said:

About time for another Swansea penalty isn’t it?

Definite dive coming up 90'+8

Good news for us there. Fixture congestion is hard work on smaller squads and Swansea seemed a bit leggy.

Just now, Mason 47 said:

Has Lee Trundle really just said that Blackburn haven't really offered anything ?

Its cos thair nairvus. Wair finedun itard says Trundle.

Blackburn offered more from what I saw.

In the next 11 days Swansea have to travel away twice and then have their local rivals in red-hot form at home.

I'd be so bold as to say between now and the international break we'll know if Swansea have the credentials to be a genuine threat, or they can just defend well.

Cardiff next for Watford on Saturday.  Yet another away day reverse for the challengers

1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

Crikey, have we ever had penalties in 3 games on the trot, whether or not they were dodgy?!

we had 5 in one game last season

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sonyc said:

. Should we consider Armstrong for a bid next season? Not as a replacement for Teemu but additional support. He is quick, is of a good age (27) and is a seasoned performer rather than a youngster striker with potential (we have a couple of those already). His stats are impressive. Could £10m or thereabouts be good enough to prise him away? Secondly, is he good enough? Thirdly, given we may struggle to go back for Ducksch (Hannover now) are we in for 'up and coming' L1 or Championship players now or might we look higher up the chain?

Well, maybe need to answer my own question. Brighton & West Ham are interested in Armstrong apparently and Blackburn want around £25m. 

I guess that answers the question doesn't it? He is probably good enough but we couldn't (or wouldn't want) to afford him.

For £25m Webber and his team could probably recruit Jesus for us, and I don't mean the guy from Man City.

For £25m he'd get us the real one.

The miracles would be handy. 

When you consider the relatively small amounts currently on the board for Dimi and Gibson to join us, I think £25M can be far better spent with similar deals for next season