sonyc

Blackburn related

3 points (two related to us):

1. I had predicted Blackburn to beat Swansea a few weeks ago before their game was postponed to this evening (6pm kick off) when their recent form had been much better. I still believe they are capable of a result and hope Swansea lose 3 of their available catch up points tonight. Anyone else believe Blackburn will get a result?

2. Should we consider Armstrong for a bid next season? Not as a replacement for Teemu but additional support. He is quick, is of a good age (27) and is a seasoned performer rather than a youngster striker with potential (we have a couple of those already). His stats are impressive. Could £10m or thereabouts be good enough to prise him away? Secondly, is he good enough? Thirdly, given we may struggle to go back for Ducksch (Hannover now) are we in for 'up and coming' L1 or Championship players now or might we look higher up the chain?

3. Blackburn looked the proper deal a few months ago. At their place they were very attacking and actually had higher possession stats in that match. But for a terrific save from McGovern early on, the result could have been different. They were also decent at Boro not long ago.

What has gone wrong? Temporary blip, a squad lacking depth or just a poor defence. They leak goals but score many too.

Edited by sonyc

Just viewed Blackburn team on SSN recognised very few of the names.  Was going to post Blackburn not taking this one seriously but won with this team last time out.  Maybe offer some opposition tonight hopefully, Swans have looked shaky needing last minute penalties in last two.  Get another tonight and I might just explode..

Blackburn boss Tony Mowbray names an unchanged side to face Swansea after their win against Millwall on Saturday.

Blackburn: Kaminski, Rankin-Costello, Lenihan, Harwood-Bellis, Douglas, Trybull, Buckley, Dack, Gallagher, Brereton, Dolan.

Subs: Pears, Nyambe, Bell, Evans, Travis, Johnson, Downing, Rothwell, Elliott.

•  

9 minutes ago, pete said:

Just viewed Blackburn team on SSN recognised very few of the names.  Was going to post Blackburn not taking this one seriously but won with this team last time out.  Maybe offer some opposition tonight hopefully, Swans have looked shaky needing last minute penalties in last two.  Get another tonight and I might just explode..

Blackburn boss Tony Mowbray names an unchanged side to face Swansea after their win against Millwall on Saturday.

Blackburn: Kaminski, Rankin-Costello, Lenihan, Harwood-Bellis, Douglas, Trybull, Buckley, Dack, Gallagher, Brereton, Dolan.

Subs: Pears, Nyambe, Bell, Evans, Travis, Johnson, Downing, Rothwell, Elliott.

•  

Dolan is a good talent, one to watch 

Trybull starting so some ‘legitimate’ home interest.  Happy if they (Swans) drop some points.

Edited by Branston Pickle

Blackburn already had a pen shout turned down, surely Swansea's lucky streak is going to come to an end. They play both their games in hand before we play on Sunday so the table will be a lot clearer by then, best they can do is get within 5 point of us of course.

Edited by Van wink

1 minute ago, Well b back said:

Blackburn take the lead, nice

And Tom T providing the assist ☺️

• Like 1

I wonder if the Ref took note of Colins little outburst, one of the few occasions when I actually agreed with him!

The commentators were literally moaning that they didn't get an earlier penalty when they got their penalty. 

Swansea don't have much goalscoring power outside of what the officials give them- their luck can't possibly keep coming in like this.

EDIT- Having just checked, we top the penalties chart this season with 9 compared to Swansea's 5!

Edited by Mason 47

What the f*ck is going on? That's never a penalty! That's three in a row now, plus the absurd Middlesbrough disallowed goal. Pile on Swansea to win at 2/1, spawny b*stards.

5 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

What the f*ck is going on? That's never a penalty! That's three in a row now, plus the absurd Middlesbrough disallowed goal. Pile on Swansea to win at 2/1, spawny b*stards.

This is getting ridiculous 

Isn’t the Swansea’s managers dad a former top referee and still involved in the game? Just saying.

2 minutes ago, Clint said:

Isn’t the Swansea’s managers dad a former top referee and still involved in the game? Just saying.

Didn't realise that! Just checked Keith Cooper's Wikipedia page and apparently he works as an announcer for a Cardiff City website, so I think we can put that one to bed 😉

18 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

Having just checked, we top the penalties chart this season with 9 compared to Swansea's 5!

But, but, but all ours were nailed on

10 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Didn't realise that! Just checked Keith Cooper's Wikipedia page and apparently he works as an announcer for a Cardiff City website, so I think we can put that one to bed 😉

Keith Cooper was a top ref, he refereed in the Prem and was a FIFA listed ref............

Just now, keelansgrandad said:

Blackburn are the better side.

I would say that's been typical of Swansea's opponents in their last 3 games. However, they have this habit of grinding out wins, which does make me think they are the most likely team out of the chasing pack to finish in the top two.