Sign in to follow this  
pete

Max turns back on his international future

Norwich City full-back Max Aarons, 21, says his focus is England and he currently has no interest in switching allegiance to Jamaica. (Norwich Evening News)

Max would walk into the Jamaica side why would he reject them.  

33 minutes ago, pete said:

Norwich City full-back Max Aarons, 21, says his focus is England and he currently has no interest in switching allegiance to Jamaica. (Norwich Evening News)

Because he wants to play for England and thinks he has a decent chance of doing so?

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, pete said:

Maybe beacause he was born in England, his family are (mostly) English, the majority of his friends are English, he considers himself English..

• Like 2

To get selected for the England squad you need to be playing regularly in the top flight. Aarons has got plenty of time left - he’s still only 21 but if he leaves us for a bigger club I think he should reconsider his decision if he still hasn’t got called up in a couple of years time 

He'd be mad to play an international for Jamaica now and ruin any chance of playing for England at full international level.

He's been consistent in the u21 set up and will get his big move and then he will see what his options are.

The RB position for England is one area that is full of top players but no reason he can't be the top one.

What an odd thread, it's plainly obvious he wants to play for England. He's been in their set-up for some time now, pretty much first choice RB at U23's, why would he do anything different?

• Like 1

If a young ambitious player wants to make his mark on the world stage its unlikely it would happen playing for Jamaica. 

It's always worth mentioning the bloke is English. 

How many major tournaments have Jamaica participated in the last 30 years? Not many. 

Edited by Chelm Canary

Jamaica have only made one World Cup, and that was 1998. They're not bad at CONCACAF level, but as you'd expect, the USA and Mexico tend to be pretty dominant in that confederation.

18 minutes ago, daly said:

Perhaps he could get in the Bobsleigh team

Krul Runnings!!!! 😉

1 hour ago, TheGunnShow said:

Jamaica have only made one World Cup, and that was 1998. They're not bad at CONCACAF level, but as you'd expect, the USA and Mexico tend to be pretty dominant in that confederation.

Me and my mate drove over to Paris during that World Cup to sample the atmosphere and managed to get tickets outside the stadium for the Jamaica / Argentina game - I think there were a couple of Portsmouth players in the Jamaica team (?) It was a weird vibe in the crowd with a Rastafarian behind us and some Argentine soldiers in uniform to the side of us ... Fun times

Who would you rather play for England? Aaron wan bissaka or max aarons? I know who I would choose and its not because I'm a city fan.

Wan Bissaka had one very good season before his move to United, since then he's been fairly average without excelling. Max could certainly prove himself in the top flight again next season. 

I'd imagine TAA is by far the first choice though and I doubt that'll change any time soon, I think some forget that Trent is only a year older than Max