Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Harry and Meghan

2 hours ago, Indy said:

I love that argument, so childish! In that case leprechauns and fairies exist too! You can’t prove they don’t! 

Atheism is a choice no one preaches it! There’s no atheist book to preach such misinformation as the antiquated religious made up stories books!

And this thread development went to freedom of speech to non-freedom by misinformation, nothing to do with your point of peace loving! That wasn’t mentioned!

I would  put it differently. Atheism is not a choice but the logical default position. I will believe in anything once there is evidence for whatever it is I am being asked to believe in. Until then I assume  such a thing does not exist.

So I believe the Earth is spherical rather than flat  (as was once taken as a fact) because there is undeniable evidence (including me flyng to Australia and not seeing water flow downwards off the edge of Queensland).

So with  the idea of a supreme being. There are obvious reasons why belief grew in most primitive societies that there was such a thing or entity or power. It is the very preponderance of the idea that adds to the likelihood that this was a false necessity rather than a reality.

1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

I would  put it differently. Atheism is not a choice but the logical default position. I will believe in anything once there is evidence for whatever it is I am being asked to believe in. Until then I assume  such a thing does not exist.

So I believe the Earth is spherical rather than flat  (as was once taken as a fact) because there is undeniable evidence (including me flyng to Australia and not seeing water flow downwards off the edge of Queensland).

So with  the idea of a supreme being. There are obvious reasons why belief grew in most primitive societies that there was such a thing or entity or power. It is the very preponderance of the idea that adds to the likelihood that this was a false necessity rather than a reality.

Isn’t Logic a free thought process of reasonable judgment based on evidence? Like I said if I used logic to accept a Devine Being then I’d have to then accept that the same logic would apply to werewolves, vampires unicorns and wombles?

Now I totally get where you’re coming from but surely if we’re applying modern day standards in misinformation using social media, then all you can argue is that any beliefs in a god is purely based on no more evidence than kids who believe in Santa Claus? 

But this is a line taken by FF, all I was saying was in misinformation on social media being clamped down on, then religion should be part of that, shouldn’t it? FF isn’t right because atheist ideology isn’t allowed on social media as it offends those with a religious tendency and will normally lead to complaints and being removed, yet it’s the logical way of thinking till proved incorrect?

For the record I’m not an atheist, I’m an open minded thinking person who sees the issues in this world,  I don’t believe without proof!

Anyhow that’s where I leave it now!

Edited by Indy