Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Harry and Meghan

To be fair it could be any of them. Foreigners not keen on foreigners- shock, horror. 

12 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Who is the racist who asked how black the baby would be?

Nobody actually knows what was said or the context, someone could have said “ I hope the baby isn’t a pasty faced ginge like you Harry” for all we know.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

1/6 the Duke of Edinburgh. 

Sees likely - I recall some comment about Asian eyes in the past.

12 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Sees likely - I recall some comment about Asian eyes in the past.

And bongo bongo land. But I doubt it was him although it has to be Queenie, the Duke or Charles. If it's actually true. Either way as a staunch Republican I'm loving every minute of it 😂

• Like 1

Anyway, we'd like to express our deepest sympathies to Meghan Markle after her car crash in mid-2021.

3 minutes ago, ricardo said:

The Duke and Duchess of Ginger.

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/bc/8c/b3/bc8cb333a9a95a4232a66fbcc7f15a02.jpg

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

And bongo bongo land. But I doubt it was him although it has to be Queenie, the Duke or Charles. If it's actually true. Either way as a staunch Republican I'm loving every minute of it 😂

It's just a soap opera - and no I won't watch it tonight same as wouldn't watch watch the Jeremy Kyle show or similar pap stable mates such Temptation island. Sells tabloids I suppose.

The larger 'Royal' family can't possibly work in its present form in the 21st century. Neither is it fair on the 'spare' be that Margaret, Andrew or indeed more recently Harry. Their lives become pointless and hence error prone.

Cut it loose - let Mr and Mrs. Windsor enjoy a retirement and let's as a country go forward into the future without all the aristocratic privileged baggage. If you must have a Monarch somebody who is rarely seen and hardly ever heard.

Edited by Yellow Fever

3 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Well, someone had to! Who is the racist who asked how black the baby would be? I'll go for Queenie🙄

You don’t have to be racist to make that remark probably 90% of the population thought the same thing going through their mind

The kid is white the next one could be brown

Who cares but can see the usual suspects coming out and playing the race card

The Royal family have done more to help race relations than given credit for

1 minute ago, daly said:

You don’t have to be racist to make that remark probably 90% of the population thought the same thing going through their mind

not you

certainly not .....................oh no, not at all 🤪

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, daly said:

I can understand where you are coming from as an observable fact - but in truth it's a question that is out of time and belongs (if it ever did) in the thinking of an early to mid 20th century mind. The answer simply doesn't or shouldn't matter as to what ethnicity they have or look like so why ask it? Does it matter to you ? Some early Popes where black for instance as was the Queen of Sheba (Ethiopia). In antiquity it rightly didn't matter. Jesus Christ was undoubtedly a typical brown skinned eastern Mediterranean Jew - and not the tall 'white' Caucasian figure often portrayed here. Does it matter ?

Anybody with any nous especially in a public position ought to know better.  And in that you have an excellent argument as to why inherited Monarchs are not sensible. You never know what you may get.

Some of the interview was awful and believable (someone in the palace telling her she couldn't seek mental health support as it would make the palace look bad), some of it was cast in a deliberately unfair light (no, Archie was not going to be a prince under the George V laws, it's got nothing to do with the colour of his skin) and some of it was clearly BS (like she hadn't meticulously researched Harry before meeting him).

I support the monarchy and its role in the UK but there are obviously some systemic issues that need to be addressed. It's time Andrew was stripped of his rank, perks and position for starters.

Edited by Canary Wundaboy
  • Like 1

I think this sorry episode highlights how well the British media can groom us into hating people with no evidence other than hearsay and gossip. Sad how easy it is too. 

Anyway now they've gone who is next? A tenner we'll be hating Carrie Symonds a hell of a lot more by the end of March. 

2 minutes ago, Herman said:

I think this sorry episode highlights how well the British media can groom us into hating people with no evidence other than hearsay and gossip. Sad how easy it is too. 

Anyway now they've gone who is next? A tenner we'll be hating Carrie Symonds a hell of a lot more by the end of March. 

Good point  Hermano, Megan has been targeted because she is taking Harry away from 'us'.... whoever 'us' is.

I have no doubt that she is a hugely ambitious person who loves the limelight. .. neither traits are a crime...or even immoral. 

Harry's mother was , at best , harassed to death. At worst, murdered, for seeking a life outside of ' the Firm'. Can anyone blame him for wanting out  of the whole sorry charade?

He was born into this, he didnt volunteer and then change his mind. He has the chance of a new life , he should not be admonished, criticised unfairly or ridiculed for this. 

Good luck to them, I hope they flourish outside of the Royal  Family.  

As for the rumour/ counter rumours regarding megan in the palace , all i have to say on that matter is culture clash.....  foundations of truths but magnified by polarised  mindsets.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, daly said:

We'll have to beg to differ. I certainly didn't give the child's colour any thought at all. 

It has crossed my mind in the last couple of days what would have happened if William had met Meghan. Would the heir to the throne have been allowed to marry her? 

50 minutes ago, Bill said:

not you

certainly not .....................oh no, not at all 🤪

I am far from racist and I don’t appreciate your usual childish comments 

In very close proximity to me I have a real mixed bunch, (as long as bunch doesn’t offend )

An Indian couple very very pleasant

A Lithuanian lady and her young daughter who are lovely

A Polish couple who will do anything for my wife and I re shopping etc

And a WELSHMAN who is a pain in the **** and is unsociable, arrogant and rude

Personally think Megan’s idea from the start was to return to The States and she’s got her way

Give it a few more years and Harry will be having second thoughts on the Hollywood lifestyle 

Shame if a poor  so called soap actress should bring down the Royal Family

3 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

We'll have to beg to differ. I certainly didn't give the child's colour any thought at all. 

It has crossed my mind in the last couple of days what would have happened if William had met Meghan. Would the heir to the throne have been allowed to marry her? 

With you there DBD - it didn't cross my mind at all and not actually about Megan herself. American actress no more no less from a somewhat broken home.   Good luck to Harry and his family.

6 minutes ago, daly said:

In very close proximity to me I have a real mixed bunch, (as long as bunch doesn’t offend )

Personally think Megan’s idea from the start was to return to The States and she’s got her way

Give it a few more years and Harry will be having second thoughts on the Hollywood lifestyle 

You are very sour.  Why is that? 

It may seem strange, but I never though about her race, until it was brought up by the media. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, daly said:

Daly - the problem is you admitted to yourself you wondered as to the colour of babies skin. That shows an ingrained 'value' set (us and them) as else why wonder although I can fully accept that you immediately put that to one side and grew above such base concerns. Obviously you would of never expressed openly such a question which is apparently what happened to Megan.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dj11 said:

It may seem strange, but I never though about her race, until it was brought up by the media. 

Not strange at all eleveno, for some of us , race is not an issue, unfortunately,  for many, it is.

1 minute ago, daly said:

Have no idea why you would make that remark 

If you are referring  to  me , it's because I detected a certain air of predicted schadenfreude  in your post. Their new life may or may not be a success, but  any decent human would wish them the best.

After all,  what harm have they done any of us?

I must admit I never thought of her as other than a good looking woman.

But her personality seems very unstable and insecure to me. 

And I don't think its reasonable for a few pundits to be saying the Royals are racist. For goodness sake the Queen is head of the Commonwealth!

Personally as a Republican, those two would be the first up against the wall. From a military man he has become a complete foppish wimp. And she seems nothing more than someone who couldn't handle the microscope.

The sooner we pack the lot of them of to Balmoral or Sandringham, the better.

Just now, wcorkcanary said:

Not strange at all eleveno, for some of us , race is not an issue, unfortunately,  for many, it is.

To be fair we all have our biases which we were brought up with which we have to fight against. Recognize it in yourself and do something about it. People are people all over the world - good, bad and indifferent (and racist too). We in the UK are certainly no different. The 'Royals' or more their larger very extended 'bubble' however I suspect are indeed sheltered and somewhat isolated by 'tradition' from the modern world almost by design. 

I always laugh when i see these sorts of issues as the Royal family themselves are of course a German family that changed their name from Saxe-Coburg and Gotha to the English Windsor - for these very reasons of 'racism' in 1917! 

11 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

To be fair we all have our biases which we were brought up with which we have to fight against. Recognize it in yourself and do something about it. People are people all over the world - good, bad and indifferent (and racist too). We in the UK are certainly no different. The 'Royals' or more their larger very extended 'bubble' however I suspect are indeed sheltered and somewhat isolated by 'tradition' from the modern world almost by design. 

I always laugh when i see these sorts of issues as the Royal family themselves are of course a German family that changed their name from Saxe-Coburg and Gotha to the English Windsor - for these very reasons of 'racism' in 1917! 

Aye Fevero, its bit more deep and complex than The Sun would have us believe.