Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

How would you rank Harry Kane among other English greats?

As in English strikers. Amusing to think that a player who looked like a donkey on ice with us when he retires will no doubt end up in the top three most goals scored by English strikers of all time- And he's still only 27!

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

As in English strikers. Amusing to think that a player who looked like a donkey on ice with us when he retires will no doubt end up in the top three most goals scored by English strikers of all time- And he's still only 27!

I’d give him a 2nd chance, he can come back on loan next season. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I’d give a 2nd chance, he can come back on loan next season. 

But I’d have skippy first though. 

Embarrassing that people wrote him off after his 135 minutes with us, mainly on the basis of 1 missed chance.

• Like 1

Said when he was here that he looked a good player. Didn't get the goals but he worked hard and took up good positions.

Wonder how much Spurs would have flogged him to us for if he'd done alright? 

Makes you wonder whether we should submit a cheeky £8m offer for Skipp, just in case. 

8 hours ago, GJP said:

Said when he was here that he looked a good player. Didn't get the goals but he worked hard and took up good positions.

He certainly didn't look like a 'donkey on ice' but this is the OP we are talking about.

People judged him solely on a single one on one.

The OP, though harmless , does suffer from ' think carp , write  carp' syndrome.

I think its incurable. 

Hes certainly irrepressible. 

Kane is an odd enigma, as there have been many times both England and Spurs have played better when he hasn't been in the squad, but he is a cracking goal scorer and maybe Mourinho is getting the better from him now. He has developed into a very good player from looking awful during his time on loan with us, and I think it'll be a shame if he stays at spurs without winning anything as he certainly has the quality of a trophy winning player.

Here we go with 20/20 hindsight again . The fans apparently fell into two categories- those that thought he was a “donkey on ice” and those that after 10 mins of watching him miss a chance against West Ham told us all they he would one day captain England and score 200 goals .