1 hour ago, glory.win or die. said:

I think it's also fair to just highlight what a great job  Scott Parker is doing.

Like most, I think, I had written them off with Sheff utd at the start of the year but they have given themselves a good chance now.

I said on another thread if they go down Harrison Reed could be a good option to replace Skipp, he's looked really good every time I see him

100%! To be fair to Fulham they had a recent history of ditching managers but have kept faith with 

Whisper it, but if Klopp does leave for the German national team, would Liverpool look to another German currently working in England as a replacement?😳

31 minutes ago, WD40 said:

Right - used in the ‘right’ way, managed properly, it’s an aid.

I don’t see whether this happened at Dortmund or not as that relevant. Maybe it’s not his idea originally and was presented with an option to use it at Liverpool? Maybe he wanted to at Dortmund, but club wouldn’t let him? Or maybe he did do it and the injuries weren’t so bad.

Dortmund had two great seasons under Klopp, and then in 13/14 finished 25 points behind Bayern...so yeah maybe they did.

It's potentially relevant for the part I highlighted in bold. We're wildly guessing.

As for the last part, that was the 12/13 season, not 13/14. Then the season after that, Mario Götze moved to Bayern. Bayern have often used Dortmund as a bit of a feeder club over the past decade or so. Hummels, Götze, Lewandowski spring instantly to mind.

2012–13 Borussia Dortmund season - Wikipedia

1 hour ago, Van wink said:

Klopp is a flop

Nothing sums up the weird short termism of football than this sort of thing.

Klopp has won 3 league titles and a Champions League, most managers won't even come close to this.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Whisper it, but if Klopp does leave for the German national team, would Liverpool look to another German currently working in England as a replacement?😳

Nah, Farke (and Norwich) isn’t high profile enough for them (even though he’s definitely good enough).

It’ll be Mr Slip up himself next (if/when Klopp  leaves)

10 minutes ago, king canary said:

Nothing sums up the weird short termism of football than this sort of thing.

Klopp has won 3 league titles and a Champions League, most managers won't even come close to this.

Nothing sums up a desire to be overtly offended than a response such as this to a Merry quip. 

Dont worry be happy 😁

They've lost almost as many games as they've won.

Definitely the worst defending champions I can think of, and it's great to see. Especially after all the b0llocks about how their title win would be the start of their dominance, etc. Now back in their place.

• Like 1

They remind me a lot of us last season. Defensive ill-discipline and lots of possession without much penetration.

10 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Can people now see how hard we had it when we had a pile of centre-halves missing last season, with defensive midfielders helping out back there?

Manchester City struggled for ages with a similar problem last season too even with all their riches. No wonder we were in trouble from the start of it.

That's really not their only problem, Salah, Jota and Mane not passing to each other in attacking positions, TAA looking like he thinks he's made it and doesn't have go try anymore etc. They've all lost the plot. 

11 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

I think they have a very good first team but not backed up by the rest of the squad. Hence an injury to their better players andthey are weakened.

Exactly my thoughts. The recruitment of their first team has been excellent but they really seem to have penny pinched when investing in the rest of the squad. 

Whilst I hate the financial advantage these teams have, there is a stark contrast between Man City's second team compared to Liverpool's. 

12 hours ago, Van wink said:

Nothing sums up a desire to be overtly offended than a response such as this to a Merry quip. 

Dont worry be happy 😁

I'm not offended?

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

I'm not offended?

That’s good, it was a joke. 😁

I tend to be supportive of all English clubs when they are playing in these European competitions.

In this respect Liverpool have given me the most in return.

I don't know the specifics but apparently they have been particularly hard hit by injuries this season, so their demise could be temporary. Otherwise it's just more affirmation of the cyclical nature of the game.