Ramrod

Buendia's flaws.

6 hours ago, hogesar said:

I mean he is comfortably a premier league player already.

I agree. Our best signing for next season is him!

I am certain one day he will represent his country.

I often wonder who was responsible for spotting him and recruiting him?

• Like 1

He is simply a genius for us, his contribution cannot be under-estimated. He is Argentinian and hence he has their typical fiery temparament................I'll enjoy him whilst we still have him

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sgncfc said:

....and he wouldn't be at Norwich. The only chance we have of keeping him next season is if he remains imperfect in some way. He is potentially world class - up there with the only other two who have played for this club, Peters and Maddison.

You laying claim to Maddison being potentially World Class there then? I can't see it myself, almost halfway through his career now. 

Premier League class, sure, but he still only has 1 England cap and I think Grealish is a smidgeon better and Foden probably be a level above them both. 

Willing to bet money on Aaron's retiring with more honours.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

This seemed a reasonable discussion. Some childish responses though. Never mind. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sgncfc said:

....and he wouldn't be at Norwich. The only chance we have of keeping him next season is if he remains imperfect in some way. He is potentially world class - up there with the only other two who have played for this club, Peters and Maddison.

You previously commented that ‘comparing Buendia with Maddison would be like comparing Pukki with Kane’.

I’m glad you’ve finally come around 😆

2 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

You previously commented that ‘comparing Buendia with Maddison would be like comparing Pukki with Kane’.

I’m glad you’ve finally come around 😆

Emi is the more gifted player of the two. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

34 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Emi is the more gifted player of the two. 

I certainly enjoy watching him more than Maddison. Not sure you can say he’s the better player though - yet. 

I’d say you could draw a similar comparison between those two and our team right now versus in 18/19. 

Buendia is like our 18/19 team - more exciting, more unpredictable, but more flawed.

Maddison is like our current team - more efficient, less unpredictable, but less flawed.

Ultimately Maddison is the more all round player, but Buendia is capable of individual moments which can quite literally take your breath away - and he plays with a joy for the game like no one I’ve seen for NCFC. For me my favourite player ever.

So Buendia over Maddison for me!

(not saying I prefer our 18/19 team to our current team by the way, I don’t) 

8 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

Nah, we could play me in place of Emi in the run in and we still wouldn't screw this up now. 

We are not the same team without Emi, just remember the run of 3 games when he was missing, we all started talking about play offs  and how Brentford were the best team in the league. He makes the team tick 

36 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

I certainly enjoy watching him more than Maddison. Not sure you can say he’s the better player though - yet. 

I’d say you could draw a similar comparison between those two and our team right now versus in 18/19. 

Buendia is like our 18/19 team - more exciting, more unpredictable, but more flawed.

Maddison is like our current team - more efficient, less unpredictable, but less flawed.

Ultimately Maddison is the more all round player, but Buendia is capable of individual moments which can quite literally take your breath away - and he plays with a joy for the game like no one I’ve seen for NCFC. For me my favourite player ever.

So Buendia over Maddison for me!

(not saying I prefer our 18/19 team to our current team by the way, I don’t) 

Could they play in the same team? Would be exciting to watch. 

30 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Could they play in the same team? Would be exciting to watch. 

Madders would definitely be taking the set pieces

4 hours ago, Bradwell canary said:

Every player has some flaws. It the ones who perhaps have the least who make it to the top.

Very wise.

His set pieces are bizarrely bad for such a brilliant player. I sometimes wonder whether he's developed a bit of a complex about them, similar to golfers developing the yips? Tbh I wouldn't want him taking our set pieces in the Prem.

1 hour ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Ultimately Maddison is the more all round player,

but Buendia is capable of individual moments which can quite literally take your breath away 

Would suggest that actually Buendia is the more all-round. Maddison is better on the dead balls but Buendia can play in more areas of the pitch and does more for the team.

2 minutes ago, Mr.Carrow said:

His set pieces are bizarrely bad for such a brilliant player. I sometimes wonder whether he's developed a bit of a complex about them, similar to golfers developing the yips? Tbh I wouldn't want him taking our set pieces in the Prem.

The funny thing is how consistent they are, some set piece takers won't ever put the same ball in twice whereas Emi seems to hit the first man every time. I partly think this is an instruction due to us not really having much height but I still find it strange that someone doesnt run across the first man every time, like Kenny did vs Wycombe.

1 minute ago, GJP said:

Would suggest that actually Buendia is the more all-round. Maddison is better on the dead balls but Buendia can play in more areas of the pitch and does more for the team.

I think the last time we had this debate was a few months back and the question mark then was around Buendia's goal scoring - which was doubted after only the sole goal in the PL. So if he continues his goal scoring form at a higher level next season - which I think he will - he will potentially show himself the more 'all round' player. 

But right now we can't forget that Maddison is doing the business at the top end of the league above us!  

31 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

Madders would definitely be taking the set pieces

Can’t argue with that, leave the rest to Buendia though. 

Since his last sending off he seems a lot more focused. He's played incredibly well since, perhaps he needed a rest anyway!

21 hours ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Best player in the championship and there’s a thread trying to pick flaws, odd

Arguably the best player in the Championship ever.