TeemuVanBasten

Legends from current crop...

Which players from the current crop will finish here with true legend status in your eyes?

For me, Pukki and Emi have it in the bag. Tettey sealed it years ago.

And Tim Krul for me as well.

Four legends from one squad, what an era, any outliers or players you think are on the way?

Pukki is the big one for me- already 10th in our all time top scorers now (I think?) and I think he'll be here for a couple more seasons at least. Bunedia and Aarons are both hugely talented players but I think we'll be admiring their prime years from afar.

If that back heel from Pukki had gone in yesterday then it would surely not only have been the goal of the season on various outlets but would likely have been on our television screens for some time to come.

There's clearly a bit of good fortune with that type of effort, but boy didn't it epitomise the confidence and class of our team at the moment?

Pukki and Hanley and Krul for me. With  a few special mentions and/or salted away for future appraisal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Which players from the current crop will finish here with true legend status in your eyes?

For me, Pukki and Emi have it in the bag. Tettey sealed it years ago.

And Tim Krul for me as well.

Four legends from one squad, what an era, any outliers or players you think are on the way?

Agree and if he was to stay around Skipp has the potential. I would also add, though off topic, Farke.

The use of the word legend in the context of players makes me cringe sometimes and on this thread alone we have a gifted footballer who will probably only be with us for a total of maybe three or four years, a local lad who has come from the academy who has still an awful lot to do to give him such status and a very loyal servant who has been unspectacular over the years other than being a willing workhorse.

Candidates at some time in the future for The Hall of Fame ( whatever happened to that ? ) but legends not in my book but hey only an opinion.