cambridgeshire canary

The Oliver Skipp replacement

Who could it be? I do have a feeling it, given our habbit of not spending much, might already be in the squad. Sørensen, of course. Same as how I fully think that Mumba is set to be Aa-air-rons replacement when he leaves.

However- Are there any realistic signings you think we could make as replacements for those two very important players of ours when they both end up leaving us? (And how much we thinking Aarons is gonna go for? 30-40m?)

Jayden Bogle from Sheffield United for Aarons replacement.

Lewis Travis from Blackburn Rovers for Skipp replacement.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

We won't get Skipp so stop asking.

Even if we did have a chance of buying him, he's English, young, talented and belongs to Spurs, a club that will want to keep him.

So no way are we paying what they would ask,over 30million, for him. We would never spend that much on a single player.

6 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

We won't get Skipp so stop asking.

Even if we did have a chance of buying him, he's English, young, talented and belongs to Spurs, a club that will want to keep him.

So no way are we paying what they would ask,over 30million, for him. We would never spend that much on a single player.

I appreciate that everybody has overdosed on this poster, but its like you didn't read a single word of the title or the original post.

At no stage does he suggest we have any chance of getting Skipp? Bit bizarre? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I appreciate that everybody has overdosed on this poster, but its like you didn't read a single word of the title or the original post.

People really are obsessed with me, it's quite sad

Boarding on harassment, where the mods at?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Well does look like he was so focused on having a pop at you that he thought he'd skipp (hehe) the bit where he was supposed to actually read and digest what you were saying first. Just looks like a plonker now. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Sorry CC, couldn’t resist, you gave me an open goal on that one though to be fair. 

As @Hank shoots Skyler has linked, I think he's already in the building. I think it's Sorensen. Although the way McLean and Rupp are playing...Sorensen, McLean and Rupp looks like a pretty tasty and also very balanced midfield trio to me.

9 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

As @Hank shoots Skyler has linked, I think he's already in the building. I think it's Sorensen. Although the way McLean and Rupp are playing...Sorensen, McLean and Rupp looks like a pretty tasty and also very balanced midfield trio to me.

Sorenson, McLean and Rupp is a 20th place midfield in the league above, it's an area of the pitch which needs summer investment. 

Serious purchase of new number 10 required for a start. Vrancics legs are going and Dowell hasn't nailed a place. 

And don't forget that it's not just Skipp who needs replacing but also Tettey, and I'd rather we didn't bring Trybull back onto the fold. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

19 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Sorenson, McLean and Rupp is a 20th place midfield in the league above, it's an area of the pitch which needs summer investment. 

It’s harsh but you’re absolutely right of course. I think back to that West Ham away game I was at and it was men against boys in the middle of the park. Either we’d get passed around by more skilful players or physically overrun by strength and speed. Investment please. 

42 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

No prizes who posted three times on that thread started a few days ago.

Maybe we won't need a replacement for Skipp. Don't think he'll be a starter for Spurs so sitting on their bench is pointless, a season or even till January in the prem with us would give him experience, time for Spurs to see what he can do in the top league. Can only benefit all parties. 

There is also the Jose 'no one tells me what to do ' factor, if there is a huge clamour from Spuds fans, Jose is likely to do something else. He very much sees himself as the only judge of quality......and his choices are rarely surprising, mainly going for  big , experienced units in midfield.....Oli Skipp isnt one of those. 

As someone stated earlier , a season in a lower prem side ( us) may be the best option for all parties.

I think we have every chance of getting Skipp on loan for another season. He's only 20, so a season in Premiership for Norwich is next natural progression as he's unlikely  to be playing every game for Spurs next season

Mclean is having a great season in central, but showed before in premiership its a massive step up. Same for Stieps in No.10. Just wasn't good enough, neither will Vrancic, who appears to be ahead of Dowell. So upgrades are needed. Hope we get over the finishing line and Farke sees sense to try Sorensen in middle for 5+ games to see how he settles in 

2 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Jayden Bogle from Sheffield United for Aarons replacement.

Lewis Travis from Blackburn Rovers for Skipp replacement.

Would that be the same Lewis Travis is who is currently being kept out of the Blackburn side by Tom Trybull?? 

17 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Would that be the same Lewis Travis is who is currently being kept out of the Blackburn side by Tom Trybull?? 

Yes, the same Lewis Travis who Mowbray is rotating because of the four months he spent out with ligament damage until late January.

Shame you didn't fancy googling properly to find out why he has sat out a couple of games. 

Fancy coming to with your own suggestions instead of being the forum double question mark helmet??? (i've raised the bar, we're on triple question marks now!) 

Look forward to reading something interesting from you in the future, it feels like it has been a while. 

Can you honestly see Mourinho risking a 21 year old youngster as the pivotal DM to protect your defence.  He might keep him to experiment in the likes of the Europa league to see how good he can be.  More likely another loan and where best to go to only one option that OS will consider.  I expect to see him here next year, if not to of Rupp, Kenny and Jacob.

A fit Sam Byram will be the natural replacement for Aarons with Mumba as backup.

As for Skipp replacement Sorensen would be a good shout. I rate Sorensen highly.  Give him 12 months PL experience which will put him in a great position if we get relegated similar to what’s happened to Aarons, Cantwell Buendia. More experience to mop up The Championship the following season and sold the end of that season maybe for lots of money.

57 minutes ago, Jersey Canary said:

A fit Sam Byram will be the natural replacement for Aarons with Mumba as backup.

As for Skipp replacement Sorensen would be a good shout. I rate Sorensen highly.  Give him 12 months PL experience which will put him in a great position if we get relegated similar to what’s happened to Aarons, Cantwell Buendia. More experience to mop up The Championship the following season and sold the end of that season maybe for lots of money.

'A fit Sam Byran' Ah, so never

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Yes, the same Lewis Travis who Mowbray is rotating because of the four months he spent out with ligament damage until late January.

Shame you didn't fancy googling properly to find out why he has sat out a couple of games. 

Fancy coming to with your own suggestions instead of being the forum double question mark helmet??? (i've raised the bar, we're on triple question marks now!) 

Look forward to reading something interesting from you in the future, it feels like it has been a while. 

Calm down mate - getting all shouty and aggressive over punctuation marks really isn't a good look! 

9 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Calm down mate - getting all shouty and aggressive over punctuation marks really isn't a good look! 

Isn't it??

OK!!

Will bare that in mind!!

Thanks!!

4 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Serious purchase of new number 10 required for a start. Vrancics legs are going and Dowell hasn't nailed a place. 

And don't forget that it's not just Skipp who needs replacing but also Tettey, and I'd rather we didn't bring Trybull back onto the fold. 

I agree about your thoughts on the no 10 , it's something that needs sorting . as for trybull if farke doesn't think he's  good enough for the championship , then why do you think he would bring him back for the prem. 

Edited by Canary dwarf

5 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Aren’t we after that o brien from Huddersfield?

Watched him the other night against Cardiff and was quite impressed. 

Whether we can get Skipp again totally depends on whether Spurs see him as a regular first team player, if not it makes sense for us to continue to nurture their investment.

No we can’t buy him, but we are the natural option for him to continue developing if he isn’t deemed ready for a top 6 challenging team, which personally I don’t think he will be.

I think there’s a decent chance we get him for another year.

If we do McLean, Sorensen, Skipp and Rupp seem decent PL options for the 2 midfield berths although always good to get an upgrade.

For me the number 10 is where we desperately need investment. Stiepermann didn’t perform last time, Dowell hasn’t impressed yet, Vrancic isn’t likely to have either the legs or ability to step up and no one else seems like staking a claim as our 10.

Unlikely now that Fulham will be relegated, but if they are Harrison Reid IMO would be a good shout, and a very similar player.

34 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Unlikely now that Fulham will be relegated, but if they are Harrison Reid IMO would be a good shout, and a very similar player.

They're still in the bottom 3 and if the 2 sides above win their games in hand they go clear again.

It's a long way off saying that it's unlikely that Fulham will be relegated as they are still on of the favourites to go down.