Sign in to follow this  
gazzathegreat

letter to Munby, warning long post!!

I have just sent this letter to the board, will copy to the local press and post on city message boards.  I urge all likeminded city fans to do the same. 

Dear Mr Munby

What has happened to our football club?

Mr Munby, I am sending you my thoughts in the same week as I will renew my season ticket, but would ask that you address the points in this letter during your earliest convenience at the next meeting of the Directors of Norwich City Football Club.

Although I address the letter to you, I wish the contents to be known to all directors.  I shall copy this correspondence to both local papers and post it on Norwich City fan sites on the internet.  I feel at the moment a great many supporters, such as myself; feel disenchanted with what is happening to our club.  Every single one of us is in various stages of grief and despair, from those who stood outside the ground protesting after the Ipswich game, myself included, to those who support the Board’s stance on keeping faith with the management team. 

I am of the view that we need a total change in the management team.  The whole season has been not only a disappointment, but an illustration that the club has become stale under the management of Mr Worthington and his team.  The team on the pitch seem to be in the final death throes akin to  some hunted animal in pain.  They need putting out of their misery as quickly as possible, along with the supporters.  We look to the Board to do this for us, as the custodians of our football club. 

I understand that you wish to reward Mr Worthington and his team for their past record.  The trouble is, as the season goes on and finally peters out, not many of us are going to remember those happy times during the past five years, rather the waste of a season, and the lack of foresight by the Board in dealing with the problems which have become apparent. 

You set much store in stability.  The trouble is, if the foundations are rotten, the house is going to fall down, and it is, around our eyes.  What is most alarming, however, is that the Boards’ eyes appear to be shut.  I ask you to ask yourselves; what is really in the best interests of Norwich City Football Club?  To carry on as we are, watching a team we all love continue to flounder, or take the necessary steps to rectify the situation and  recruit a new management team to take us forward.                                                     

I don’t pretend this won’t be a difficult decision, but can it be one that’s not addressed, but just left to be determined either by fate.  We are currently in a mid table position, but are not entirely safe from relegation.  The chances of promotion have long gone and were out of the door along with Dean Ashton.

I think most supporters of this great club can accept disappointment – but how many of us can accept the football we have seen this season, following as it has, the ineffectual year in the Premiership?  Our once proud style of play, (attacking football, played by those who possessed technical ability), has been replaced by the sort of football we could see on a public park.  There are no credible tactics, we have had almost two seasons of players out of position, or inferior personnel bought in (including this season a large number of loan players), and the standard of commitment and pride in wearing our shirt is distinctly lacking.  Many of these points need urgent attention and are in the manager’s domain. 

I have decided to renew my season ticket as this club is precious to me.  I love football and I love Norwich City.  I cannot let the sorry state it’s in at the moment deter me from attending next season, and I hope that next season changes will have been made so we can all start again and rebuild the team, and return to the  philosophies of passing football this club has previously held dear. 

I am sure the position of manager of Norwich City Football Club is one which will attract a great many credible candidates.  We do, after all, have the greatest fan base in football…  It’s time that we all saw some football again. 

Thank you for taking the time to consider this letter.

Ab Fab, Gazza!  Good on yer... but don''t expect an answer.  

Mind you, I''d rather have action than an answer, any day.

It could just be, as I say on another post, (and as Yankee Canary said before me) that the Board has already decided in principle to get shot of Worthless & Co, and that it''s simply a matter of when they can act or say something. 

Managers like Parkinson (Colchester), Newell (Luton) and Boothroyd (Watford) are all running teams which are up for promotion to a higher division at present, so they''ll hardly jump ship right now - even for us....

So - perhaps the Board are simply waiting to see which of the above - or someone else - will be interested in coming here the end of the season? 

As I said earlier, I hope it''s Adie Boothroyd myself. He knows the set-up here. 

you wil get the usual "we have noted ur comments.. on the bal city!" reply from the club gazza its as predictable as worthy saying "knowhatimean"

jas :)

Seriously if I were Mumby and the Board and had not dealt with the situation before (which I would have done incidentally) then at this stage I would keep putting out the stability messages and not worry about the finances as long as supporters renewed. You can moan all you like, I could take it in the short term, as long as you renewed.

I would do the above to allow the team to limp over the safety line, leaving Worthington in the belief he was here for the long term then sack him after the last match of the season.

You are not a person in responsibility if you cannot take criticism, ride the storm and make decisions which will not suit everyone.

This is what I would do.  I would hear the dissent and complaints and not allow myself to personalise them or become emotionally involved with them, however, I would note them and allow them to form part of my decision.

i have an idea. If everyone who reads it on here copy and pastes it then theycould all send it aswell until someone gets a decent reply. That way they cant just keep throwing them in the bin once read.

do we have your permission "letter writer"??????

Justin

They won''t throw it away necessarily, until they reply, which to be fair to them they have always done before, but I urge you to write your own, sending multiple copies of anything is not going go strengthen our cause, just their mindset that we are a minority.

Hi Gazza.

Well done for your usual tasty letter, however one gripe: You say in your letter that you will be renewing your season ticket, thats music and justifcation to Munby''s ears my friend!

You really should have used a club ploy, and not said anything about your financial intentions.

They will keep ignoring us while we keep renewing, we are sending out the wrong message to them.

Total boycott, will be far easier for the thickies to understand!.

Hi First Wiz

I have thought about this long and hard and decided that Munby and co and their decision to keep the management team for the present time is not going to stop me supporting MY club, even though I don''t agree with their decision.  The way I see it is he isn''t going to be here next season, given the poor form, performances and the likelihood of a mid table finish, at best.

I still want to go and watch football and am hoping that next year we actually see something worth watching.  That is why I sent the letter in at the same time,  (I shall trot down the road tomorrow and renew), I didn''t want the board to be under the mis-apprehension that I was supporting their stance on keeping Worthington.  It''s not an easy fence for me to sit on, as I boycotted before during the Chase Out time, but that was far worse, IMO than the situation we have now. 

I know everyone has their own reasons for renewing, boycotting, giving up their memberships, etc, this is just mine. 

Remember, we, the fans, will always be there.  Worthington, and eventually this board will not.  The club is ours Wiz, and I am not going to let them deny me the pleasures (!) of supporting it. 

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]

I have just sent this letter to the board, will copy to the local press and post on city message boards.  I urge all likeminded city fans to do the same. 

Dear Mr Munby

What has happened to our football club?

Mr Munby, I am sending you my thoughts in the same week as I will renew my season ticket, but would ask that you address the points in this letter during your earliest convenience at the next meeting of the Directors of Norwich City Football Club.

Although I address the letter to you, I wish the contents to be known to all directors.  I shall copy this correspondence to both local papers and post it on Norwich City fan sites on the internet.  I feel at the moment a great many supporters, such as myself; feel disenchanted with what is happening to our club.  Every single one of us is in various stages of grief and despair, from those who stood outside the ground protesting after the Ipswich game, myself included, to those who support the Board’s stance on keeping faith with the management team. 

I am of the view that we need a total change in the management team.  The whole season has been not only a disappointment, but an illustration that the club has become stale under the management of Mr Worthington and his team.  The team on the pitch seem to be in the final death throes akin to  some hunted animal in pain.  They need putting out of their misery as quickly as possible, along with the supporters.  We look to the Board to do this for us, as the custodians of our football club. 

I understand that you wish to reward Mr Worthington and his team for their past record.  The trouble is, as the season goes on and finally peters out, not many of us are going to remember those happy times during the past five years, rather the waste of a season, and the lack of foresight by the Board in dealing with the problems which have become apparent. 

You set much store in stability.  The trouble is, if the foundations are rotten, the house is going to fall down, and it is, around our eyes.  What is most alarming, however, is that the Boards’ eyes appear to be shut.  I ask you to ask yourselves; what is really in the best interests of Norwich City Football Club?  To carry on as we are, watching a team we all love continue to flounder, or take the necessary steps to rectify the situation and  recruit a new management team to take us forward.                                                     

I don’t pretend this won’t be a difficult decision, but can it be one that’s not addressed, but just left to be determined either by fate.  We are currently in a mid table position, but are not entirely safe from relegation.  The chances of promotion have long gone and were out of the door along with Dean Ashton.

I think most supporters of this great club can accept disappointment – but how many of us can accept the football we have seen this season, following as it has, the ineffectual year in the Premiership?  Our once proud style of play, (attacking football, played by those who possessed technical ability), has been replaced by the sort of football we could see on a public park.  There are no credible tactics, we have had almost two seasons of players out of position, or inferior personnel bought in (including this season a large number of loan players), and the standard of commitment and pride in wearing our shirt is distinctly lacking.  Many of these points need urgent attention and are in the manager’s domain. 

I have decided to renew my season ticket as this club is precious to me.  I love football and I love Norwich City.  I cannot let the sorry state it’s in at the moment deter me from attending next season, and I hope that next season changes will have been made so we can all start again and rebuild the team, and return to the  philosophies of passing football this club has previously held dear. 

I am sure the position of manager of Norwich City Football Club is one which will attract a great many credible candidates.  We do, after all, have the greatest fan base in football…  It’s time that we all saw some football again. 

Thank you for taking the time to consider this letter.

[/quote] Well said lets hope something comes from it.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Hi Gazza.

Well done for your usual tasty letter, however one gripe: You say in your letter that you will be renewing your season ticket, thats music and justifcation to Munby''s ears my friend!

You really should have used a club ploy, and not said anything about your financial intentions.

They will keep ignoring us while we keep renewing, we are sending out the wrong message to them.

Total boycott, will be far easier for the thickies to understand!.

[/quote]

I undertsand your point Wiz but if everyone who felt really strongly about Worthy didn''t attend games you would be left with a crowd who are pro-worthy and the message would never get across