Sign in to follow this  
CanaryLegend

Buendia and Aarons

Is there anyway they will stay next year or do we think this final run in is the last we will see them in a yellow shirt.

If they do leave what is the minimum we should accept? For me minimum is Buendia at £35m but realistically he should be £40M and at least £30m for Aarons.

1 minute ago, CanaryLegend said:

Is there anyway they will stay next year or do we think this final run in is the last we will see them in a yellow shirt.

If they do leave what is the minimum we should accept? For me minimum is Buendia at £35m but realistically he should be £40M and at least £30m for Aarons.

They will leave if they want to leave, but every penny should be reinvested on new stock to give Daniel a fighting chance. 

We should raid Sheffield United for Jayden Bogle to replace Max Aarons. class young right back.

If we can get £30m for Aarons, sign Bogle for £10m-£15m, then reinvest profit in the other areas of the pitch which need attention.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Which do they want ? Money or playing ? Chances are if they move they will spend a far bit sitting on their arses on the bench checking on their bank balances.

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Arons is already gone, Delia has said so herself. Emi on the other hand.. Think that's a 50/50

What does this even mean? The only thing Delia ACTUALLY SAID was that she was sure that Aarons would go on to bigger and better things 'at some point'. That maybe this summer - it may not. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We have 5 6 top premiere league players but all of them look bigger than our club already and reality to loose skipp,max,cantwell,emi  is huge so we will be rich but with no chance to stay on PL.

So the question is how to deal with that our board...

I not see really how we will keep any of them but loosing more than 2 is huge gap to be filled.

Im exited to be promoted but pain from last season +all this war bul****s is worry me a lot

I don't understand why either would want to leave should we go up. 

As has been said, what's the point of moving to somewhere where they may well end up on the bench, when they know they get first team football every week here? How much money realistically do they need? 

Didn't Webber once allude to a player leaving us to the Prem and then getting in touch moaning and sulking that they weren't getting games or wish they'd stayed at Norwich, or am I imagining that? If so though, that's the sort of thing where I think, well surely you knew what you'd be in for when you left!

7 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

I don't understand why either would want to leave should we go up. 

As has been said, what's the point of moving to somewhere where they may well end up on the bench, when they know they get first team football every week here? How much money realistically do they need? 

Didn't Webber once allude to a player leaving us to the Prem and then getting in touch moaning and sulking that they weren't getting games or wish they'd stayed at Norwich, or am I imagining that? If so though, that's the sort of thing where I think, well surely you knew what you'd be in for when you left!

I’d leave my job if someone else  doubled or trebled my money. They are not Norwich fans it’s their job. That said I guess they feel some deep warmth towards the club but we would have to reward them big time to consider staying. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I’d leave my job if someone else  doubled or trebled my money. They are not Norwich fans it’s their job. That said I guess they feel some deep warmth towards the club but we would have to reward them big time to consider staying. 

Which is what we should do if we want to keep hold of our best players and give it a go.

It's also about going on to have a successful career, win trophies, play in top European competitions, play for their countries. It isn't all about money, that's certainly why Max is still here now. 

They may leave and start on the bench. They will have to train well, wait for their chance, and take it when it comes. But that isn't a reason not to leave.

The main reason to stay is to give it another go in the PL with us and believe that we can be successful. The other reason they may stay is that our asking price isn't met. I don't think we should wed ourselves too much to one or two players. The good thing now is that we are in a position to reinvest most transfer funds incoming. If Max goes and we can buy 3 or 4 quality players that strengthen the squad overall, then that is the way we should probably go. 

No one wants them to leave, but if you trust that the club is now in a position to reinvest most incoming funds into wages and transfers, it isn't the end of the world. 

Neither will be going anywhere if we get promoted. Why would they turn down a pay rise and guaranteed starters for at least another season of premier League football. 

• Like 1

If we didn't go up then they would leave 100%.

If we get promoted, I think it would be a case of the stars aligning. We would have to get top dollar, it would have to be be a big club who play CL/Europa League and Emi/Max would have to be guaranteed playing time. 

On the other hand, it would be massive for us to keep both of them and somehow retain Skipp. In fact, I think we would only need a number 10 in the summer. Whilst I would like to see a new CB and a quality backup for Pukki, everyone else has the attributes to succeed in the PL, IMO. 

Leaving city for supposed bigger clubs over the years hasn't really worked out as they expected. Jamal Lewis and Newcastle is one example. Newcastle could be swapping places with city next season. What has happened with the Murphy brothers'. Both have gone right off the radar. 

35 minutes ago, City fan said:

Leaving city for supposed bigger clubs over the years hasn't really worked out as they expected. Jamal Lewis and Newcastle is one example. Newcastle could be swapping places with city next season. What has happened with the Murphy brothers'. Both have gone right off the radar. 

Godfrey and Maddison would be the counter argument there.

I would assume Farke and Webber will tell Todd, Emi and, to a lesser extent, Aarons that they need to deliver goals and assists on a consistent basis at PL level before they're ready to move to a top club. Todd and Emi were good last season, but they had spells - as Farke pointed out - where they didn't make an impact.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

Which do they want ? Money or playing ? Chances are if they move they will spend a far bit sitting on their arses on the bench checking on their bank balances.

I think that applies more to Buendia than Aarons who has a set position and will be seen as a direct replacement for an existing player. 

8 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

I dont think either of these will be moving to sit on the bench somewhere. Too good for that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yellow and Green said:

Godfrey and Maddison would be the counter argument there.

I would assume Farke and Webber will tell Todd, Emi and, to a lesser extent, Aarons that they need to deliver goals and assists on a consistent basis at PL level before they're ready to move to a top club. Todd and Emi were good last season, but they had spells - as Farke pointed out - where they didn't make an impact.

I think the difference is Maddison was ready, Godfrey was showing signs he was. Jamal is an odd one but I guess he's moved to a team that doesn't play to his strengths as well as Norwich, plus he was treated as a youngster and given the patience to go with it, whereas now he's got the expectation of a player who is good enough to beat a relegation battle. As for the Murphy's, neither were really ready and it's shown by the fact their development hasn't really worked out. Norwich did well at the time to get the deals they did to finance what led to our promotion run. 

I certainly class both Aaron's and Buendia as the former examples, but they both have their weaknesses. Aaron's is still improving rapidly, and if Buendia can keep his temperament in touch then he will be Premier League class. They will both be playing regularly in the premier League with or without us in the short future

Edited by AJ

43 minutes ago, Move Klose said:

I dont think either of these will be moving to sit on the bench somewhere. Too good for that.

There is a very good argument for us NEEDING to sell one of the two in order to generate funds for team building. As was pointed out yesterday on Radio Norfolk (Chris Goreham), significant amounts will already trundle their way into players pockets by way of promotion bonuses and hiked up wages. In addition we signed a number of players last January / summer and I would be surprised if a number of those agreements did not include hefty 'add ons' in event of promotion. Buendia's fee went up markedly I believe on that basis from the initial amount we paid out to land him in the first place.    

We are already committed to approx. £7M if the reports were correct for our Greek fullback and will have to pay more than that in all probability to sign the boy Gibson. 

I think 'Air Rons' is more likely to leave than Buendia. Much talk this week of 'advanced talks' with Yids.  

Think it's fair to say that it Emi joined a top five club and would be surrounded by top class fantastic players he would be much more of a Maddison than a Lewis (whos at a poor club surrounded by poor players)

11 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

Yeah just like Godfrey and Lewis have, right?

Can’t work out the need for this kind of comment when they’ve already stuck with us in the league below and helped us get back to the prem (imminently). We all know both players are far too good for the champs, we should appreciate that they dedicated another season to us and if they do want to better their careers further like Godfrey has, and the money is right for us, then we can’t really continue to begrudge them that. Or are you saying you wouldn’t take an offer to better your career with double or triple your salary because you are too loyal to your employer?

Of course in a perfect world everyone stays, then I would really feel like we might be able to stay up with 2-3 quality additions and better strength in depth. But whatever happens they don’t deserve comments like that or any ill feeling  👍

4 hours ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Yeah just like Godfrey and Lewis have, right?

Can’t work out the need for this kind of comment when they’ve already stuck with us in the league below and helped us get back to the prem (imminently). We all know both players are far too good for the champs, we should appreciate that they dedicated another season to us and if they do want to better their careers further like Godfrey has, and the money is right for us, then we can’t really continue to begrudge them that. Or are you saying you wouldn’t take an offer to better your career with double or triple your salary because you are too loyal to your employer?

Of course in a perfect world everyone stays, then I would really feel like we might be able to stay up with 2-3 quality additions and better strength in depth. But whatever happens they don’t deserve comments like that or any ill feeling  👍

No Ill feeling intended , just saying that at their age playing each week would be better than an ever increasing bank balance 

6 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

No Ill feeling intended , just saying that at their age playing each week would be better than an ever increasing bank balance 

Unfortunately I think they can get both!