Sign in to follow this  
......and Smith must score.

Today's referee

I thought David Webb had a very good game in charge today.

He kept the game flowing as much as possible and didn't see the need to wave cards around. Barely noticed him there for much of the time which in my book is a sign of a good official.

• Like 6

Fully agree, thought he was a breath of fresh air.

No cards shown and players were allowed to tackle.

It's amazing how quickly players realise this and when they lay on the ground looking for a foul get up quickly when they realise they are not getting one.

Really? I felt his positioning was awful in that he was in the way of where we wanted to play the ball. A few soft fouls as well but set a high bar for a yellow which I agree with. Overall thought he was “ok”. 

Let’s not forget he gave Swansea the soft penalty mid week. At least no controversy this game. 

2 minutes ago, Yellow Wal said:

Fully agree, thought he was a breath of fresh air.

No cards shown and players were allowed to tackle.

It's amazing how quickly players realise this and when they lay on the ground looking for a foul get up quickly when they realise they are not getting one.

I think that's a very good point, saw very little rolling around today when players realised they weren't going to get much.

Agreed, like you say didn't even notice him, which is a good sign. Saying that he had absolutely no big decisions to make. 

Looking at it another way it will probably mean he is destined to stay Championship and below for quite a while, whilst the Premiership has the stars, like Simon Hooper!

An easy straighforward game for anyone to ref today...the proof is when theie is a correct call to make in a one off pressured situation in the heat of the moment.

...and he made a scandalous one in injury time in the stoke v swansea game

He got in the way a few times where it was completely unnecessary. He was right in front of a perfect Rupp tackle that he gave a foul for.

Other than that, he let alot go, let the game flow and let both teams take free kicks quickly in general.

Nothing special but in a season full of abysmal refereeing it made him look pretty good.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hogesar said:

He got in the way a few times where it was completely unnecessary. He was right in front of a perfect Rupp tackle that he gave a foul for.

Other than that, he let alot go, let the game flow and let both teams take free kicks quickly in general.

Nothing special but in a season full of abysmal refereeing it made him look pretty good.

I was about to comment how high is the bar set, when you are critiquing his performance? 🙂 

• Like 1

Have to totally agree with the OP, refreshing to see a good old fashioned tackle without a free kick.

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

The Rupp tackle was absolutely fine, but the foul was given for the tug back on the other player a second before, which also happened right in front of the ref.

I thought he was the best (admittedly of a bad bunch) we've seen this season. There were two or three decisions in the second half that I disagreed with but, generally, he was impervious to the theatrics and got most things spot on while letting the game flow.

2 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

I thought David Webb had a very good game in charge today.

He kept the game flowing as much as possible and didn't see the need to wave cards around. Barely noticed him there for much of the time which in my book is a sign of a good official.

I' ll reserve judgement until I hear what Wazzy has to say.