Sign in to follow this  
littleyellowbirdie

Citys 12th man

This season has got me to wondering about the fact that our most successful promotion campaign ever seems to coincide with no fans being in the stadium. 

Are Norwich fans a liability? 

No, we're just better than everyone else (like 2 years ago with the fans). 

Now, West Ham on the other hand.........

• Like 1

No, it just all severely limits home advantage and so teams with better quality generally win - ceteris paribus. 

Clearly we are - as was demonstrated when we lost 10 games in a row at the end of last season with no fans in the ground.................... oh ........... er...................

• Haha 1

Not sure we're a liability but I did say ahead of the Brentford game that having no fans there could be to our advantage.

Fans tend to get nervous and it plays out in terms of reactions to certain things in the game; a misplaced pass, a missed goal scoring opportunity etc. I think having no fans there enables the players to be totally focused and play the way entirely that Farke intended.

The reverse happened in 2018/19 when that mental atmosphere got us over the line a few times when things were tight.

I personally believe having an empty stadium when we recommenced playing last season was a massive hinderance to any chance of suvival.

Edited by East Rider

Its swings and roundabouts. 

Our game management has been absolutely superb once ahead. Thats easier to do without fans in the ground demanding non stop entertainment.

But equally, if youre drawing with ten minutes to go or losing 1-0, the fans can help generate that extra adrenaline to work that bit extra.

• Like 1