Sign in to follow this  
ALBOWLLY

Swansea City!

As annoyed as I was about another dubious refereeing performance favoring Swansea, on reflection best to have them win their catch up games and push Watford back into the playoff spots. It'll be fun to see them play Barnsley or Cardiff, and hopefully lose. Norwich, Swansea, Reading to go up please. 

City and Brentford are home games and away games are Watfords weak point.

1 hour ago, Wardogz said:

The gap to 3rd place is all that really matters, and that hasn't changed. It would be nice to win the league, but Swansea winning both their games in hand doesn't worry me too much.

I expect Watford to keep winning

Our gap between Swansea in third might be the one one that matters

Theyve got 2 if not 4 more points than they should have got in the last 4 days

The referee today inexplicably changing his mind from giving a corner to awarding a penalty equates to one less game they need to win to catch us ..and potentially one more game we need to win..

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

4 hours ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

For those of you who say we should just concentrate on our own results and not rely on others, yada yada, do not fret my dear hearts.

To the best of my knowledge, none of the players, nor managing/coaching staff write on here. Also, what we write on here, really won't influence our team's mindsets . It has been said many times, that those of us who comment on other team's results etc are just creating a talking point. What we say will not influence either our own team's, nor opposition's, performances.

To lay a fear to rest, most of us can concentrate on more than one thing at a time. We are ok, but thanks for worrying about us. We can wish our team to play well and get a favourable result but also wish that other teams falter, as that will ultimately, benefit us (by way of lost points/goals, reducing the pressure on our own team, increasing pressure on other teams etc). After our team winning, the next focus (in terms of priority) is gaining any advantage we can, anything gained is a bonus, nothing more. Nothing is lost by this way of thinking, it's parity at best for the opposition. 

Another element of the talk is highlighting inconsistencies in the games. We all want a level playing field (but we are not naive enough to know that will ever happen) and want the sport of football to improve by eradicating such elements

You guys can keep solely focusing on our team (top priority)and the rest of us will embrace that, but will carry on wishing our closest rivals fail at every possible hurdle (2nd, 3rd, 4th etc priority)

One other reason I look at other teams results is that I want us to win this League, and win it by a country mile 🙂 

Can I just express my admiration for the phrase “do not fret my dear hearts”. ♥️

File under “things you love to see”.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, ALBOWLLY said:

A penalty winner in stoppage time on Wednesday that shouldn't have been given. A perfectly good equaliser ruled out for Middlesbrough today. A penalty winner in stoppage time today that was decidedly dubious. They're surely due some rotten decisions against them before the season's out.

The ref gifted Swansea the points today and the Watford goal shouldn't have counted as the keeper was fouled leading up to the goal.

I hope Brentford come second and Cardiff win the playoffs

Whilst I do agree they seem to be getting away with it a bit at the moment, if we win our own games it won't matter what they do, they've got a 5 point deficit even if they win both their games in hand