Sign in to follow this  
ALBOWLLY

Swansea City!

A penalty winner in stoppage time on Wednesday that shouldn't have been given. A perfectly good equaliser ruled out for Middlesbrough today. A penalty winner in stoppage time today that was decidedly dubious. They're surely due some rotten decisions against them before the season's out.

I imagine Colin is furious - and quite reasonably.  Swans are certainly riding their luck with 6pts this week with last minute pens in games they barely deserved to draw let alone win.  That’s how it goes I suppose, the thing to do is cash in when you’re getting the rub as it won’t last forever.  
Thankfully we are just taking care of ourselves and long may it continue.

Just now, Branston Pickle said:

I imagine Colin is furious - and quite reasonably.  Swans are certainly riding their luck with 6pts this week with last minute pens in games they barely deserved to draw let alone win.  That’s how it goes I suppose, the thing to do is cash in when you’re getting the rub as it won’t last forever.  

If you were Brentford & Watford you would start to question where all this substantial injury time is coming from in their games. Starting to look iffy.... 

Steve Coopers response was delusional in his post Boro interview..  loathsome side.. embarrassing dives and play acting

Warnock has said Swansea are guaranteed promotion as they keep getting the right referees, also called them a bunch of divers

It's either the St David's day effect this week or................they've quietly slipped a few sweeteners into the EFL Referees benevolent fund 🤑

Do we care? If Swansea and Barnsley came up with us, I’d be much happier than say Watford and Brentford. Two of the three relegated teams right there, we want the weaker teams coming up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Nuff Said said:

Do we care? If Swansea and Barnsley came up with us, I’d be much happier than say Watford and Brentford. Two of the three relegated teams right there, we want the weaker teams coming up.

I care - there should be nothing to gain from cheating.  If we go up, it doesn’t matter who comes with us, but Swansea would be in as good a position to invest and survive as any. I’d much prefer to see Brentford go up.

Would much prefer Swansea to come up with us than Watford. Watford could make a good fist of surviving even without any additions as they're so physical and athletic, Swansea and Brentford would struggle more imo and won't be able to spend as much either. 

Haha Warnock is always entertaining, wouldn’t want him managing us but love having him around in the league.

He almost certainly will get fined, he’s also not said anything incorrect.

• Like 1

No, he hasn’t - the pen midweek was pretty disgraceful, I was expecting there to be some retrospective action for simulation (as Gayle got done for) but it never came.

Don't want Swansea to win their games in hand, regardless of anything else.  

If we go up, who comes up too is irrelevant imo. Just let us concentrate on us geting as many points as possible and let the rest fight it out between themselves and may the best team get promoted.  

Their 2 games in hand are the only thing slightly distorting the picture at the top of the table...if they'd have dropped the points theyve cheated their way to in one/both of their last 2 games , it would be looking a lot more comfortable....a 5 pt gap over second place doesnt look quite so secure

They play one of these two games in hand away at Blackburn in midweek.

I'm irritated ..but I'd imagine watford and brentford are moreso.

The promOtion picture has been changed purely by the incompetence / guessing of two referees in their last two games.

On balance, I think VAR is probably needed in the EFL when you see the two pens theyve got this past week

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

44 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Colin was incandescent with rage, his face the colour of a Boro shirt, and quite rightly so

For those of you who say we should just concentrate on our own results and not rely on others, yada yada, do not fret my dear hearts.

To the best of my knowledge, none of the players, nor managing/coaching staff write on here. Also, what we write on here, really won't influence our team's mindsets . It has been said many times, that those of us who comment on other team's results etc are just creating a talking point. What we say will not influence either our own team's, nor opposition's, performances.

To lay a fear to rest, most of us can concentrate on more than one thing at a time. We are ok, but thanks for worrying about us. We can wish our team to play well and get a favourable result but also wish that other teams falter, as that will ultimately, benefit us (by way of lost points/goals, reducing the pressure on our own team, increasing pressure on other teams etc). After our team winning, the next focus (in terms of priority) is gaining any advantage we can, anything gained is a bonus, nothing more. Nothing is lost by this way of thinking, it's parity at best for the opposition. 

Another element of the talk is highlighting inconsistencies in the games. We all want a level playing field (but we are not naive enough to know that will ever happen) and want the sport of football to improve by eradicating such elements

You guys can keep solely focusing on our team (top priority)and the rest of us will embrace that, but will carry on wishing our closest rivals fail at every possible hurdle (2nd, 3rd, 4th etc priority)

One other reason I look at other teams results is that I want us to win this League, and win it by a country mile 🙂 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Haha Warnock is always entertaining, wouldn’t want him managing us but love having him around in the league.

He almost certainly will get fined, he’s also not said anything incorrect.

Outrageous that you can get fined for "wrong-speak".
Anyone should be free to state their opinion on the game and the decisions, stopping short of calling the parentage of the ref. or anyone else into doubt.

35 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Their 2 games in hand are the only thing slightly distorting the picture at the top of the table...if they'd have dropped the points theyve cheated their way to in one/both of their last 2 games , it would be looking a lot more comfortable....a 5 pt gap over second place doesnt look quite so secure

The promOtion picture has been changed purely by the incompetence / guessing of two referees in their last two games.

On balance, I think VAR is probably needed in the EFL when you see the two pens theyve got this past week

The gap that matters is that between us and third place.

37 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Be more bothered about the gap to 3rd

36 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

The gap to 3rd place is all that really matters, and that hasn't changed. It would be nice to win the league, but Swansea winning both their games in hand doesn't worry me too much.

Just now, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I want us to win the league

Promotion will be the main objective, winning the league is a nice bonus 

Hopefully Colin's rant will see the next few Swansea refs even things up a bit.