Sign in to follow this  
salminbel28

Fun facts and interesting things about Norwich City?

This spring we have a new show in Sweden (airing mainly on Facebook) that covers Premier League and Championship. Next week we will be focusing on Norwich and primarily on the game against Liverpool. As a football fan but not necessarily an expert I'm curious about the club and maybe you guys can give me some tips and fun facts about football in Norwich. We will talk about the club, the current season and some fun facts about the club. I'm also going to interview people in the town and get some insights/thoughts from some local supporters. tutuapp

Anything fun that I should know about, anything particula appvalley r about this current season and also... What' tweakbox s the main "talking points" in the town about this season, the players and the football?

Have a nice day!

Edited by salminbel28

8 minutes ago, salminbel28 said:

This spring we have a new show in Sweden (airing mainly on Facebook) that covers Premier League and Championship. Next week we will be focusing on Norwich and primarily on the game against Liverpool. As a football fan but not necessarily an expert I'm curious about the club and maybe you guys can give me some tips and fun facts about football in Norwich. We will talk about the club, the current season and some fun facts about the club. I'm also going to interview people in the town and get some insights/thoughts from some local supporters.

Anything fun that I should know about, anything particular about this current season and also... What's the main "talking points" in the town about this season, the players and the football?

Have a nice day!

NCFC rule number one: we're a city, not a town 😉

• Like 1

Hej 

Fun fact #2: our joint majority shareholder is a former TV celebrity chef.
Not many national  journalists, headline writers or TV commentators know this, so luckily they never obsessively and pointlessly refer to the fact

Good luck with your programme!

Dont know if its classed as a fun fact but City  are the only club in all four divisions of English football to have drawn more than 50% of all games in one season, back in the 1970s and i believe that record still stands to this day.

The main question before the season was could we keep hold of the 5 hot prospects: aarons, catnwell, buendia, godfrey and lewis - particularly the first 3. As you know we sold both Godfrey and Lewis for very handsome sums and at this point you could say we were able to bring it players that could cover their positions very well with Gibson and Giannoullis (with a detour to Quintilla/Sorensen). And although it seemed like the relationship between Farke and Buendia / Cantwell was rocky at the start of the season because presumably they wanted to keep playing premier league football, we managed to keep both and Buendia in particular has been the best player in the league.

The aim of every relegated team is naturally to go straight up, else you face a massive squad rebuild when the parachute payments end. So that was objective number 1. And second, I believe Farke saw that in the prem you need to be so solid defensively which is why Sheff Utd had so much success and our prem season was abject. This season he's sacrificed the free flowing attacking football for a solid base, and now we have the best GD in the league. A lot of the fans here will say that is because Oli Skipp - future England captain - has been absolutely pivotal, and up there with Buendia for his influence. He is tireless at winning the ball back and protecting his defenders. He has made a difference, and we hope when he goes back to Spurs that Sorensen can fill his position. If we're able to stay as solid next season then we have a better shot at staying up.

We happen to have been the first team in England to install disability seats.

I have been told this in the past, but unsure if it's true. One I do know that's true is we are the first team to have a rotating giant screen mind

We have the oldest club song in the world - On the Ball City.

We are the only team of all the 92 in the League who's first team colours are yellow and green (I think). 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, salminbel28 said:

This spring we have a new show in Sweden (airing mainly on Facebook) that covers Premier League and Championship. Next week we will be focusing on Norwich and primarily on the game against Liverpool. As a football fan but not necessarily an expert I'm curious about the club and maybe you guys can give me some tips and fun facts about football in Norwich. We will talk about the club, the current season and some fun facts about the club. I'm also going to interview people in the town and get some insights/thoughts from some local supporters.

Anything fun that I should know about, anything particular about this current season and also... What's the main "talking points" in the town about this season, the players and the football?

Have a nice day!

You are also aware that we are no longer in the Premier League, and thus won't be playing Liverpool next week? Or are you focusing on a previous game against Liverpool?

Edited by Feedthewolf

8 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

You are also aware that we are no longer in the Premier League, and thus won't be playing Liverpool next week? Or are you focusing on a previous game against Liverpool?

I think he's talking about the game next season Mr Wolf........................ 😉 

4 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

I think he's talking about the game next season Mr Wolf........................ 😉 

Would be a strange topic to focus on... a potential match between a team that's not yet promoted from the Championship, and a bunch of also-rans who have slipped into mid-table insignificance!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

, and a bunch of also-rans who have slipped into mid-table insignificance!

What a fantastic way to sum up Liverpool  at the moment...oh  and 1p5wich!

😇

• Haha 1

Stephen Fry was director of the club for 5 years. There's a great podcast in the club's Youtube channel with him as a guest.

Norwich City (Norfolk) v Ipswich Town (Suffolk), the old farm Derby.