Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

*****Official Match Thread v Luton*****

Be interesting to see who plays in the 'Number 10' role - probably Kenny, or will Rupp be our new Number 10 - or will it be Cantwell with Rupp playing in a wider role? 

1 minute ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Be interesting to see who plays in the 'Number 10' role - probably Kenny, or will Rupp be our new Number 10 - or will it be Cantwell with Rupp playing in a wider role? 

Would not mind seeing Cantwell in the middle at 10, but Ruup on the wing gives me PTSD

Agreed, surely Kenny in at 10 with Rupp alongside Skipp. Either way it's showing Dowell is obviously not impressing in training either, I suspect he will be moved on in the summer. 

Was quite excited by the Dowell signing in the summer. Such a shame he got injured.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Sluga is a pretty decent goalkeeper.

He’ll need to be

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Not sure if we slightly overrated him in the summer, a quick check of his history shows a decent season on loan 4 years ago at Forest, but some 'meh' looking spells at Sheff Utd, Derby and Wigan. I think the fact none of them signed him permanently is telling. 

EDIT **** quoted wrong person, this is obviously in response to comments about Dowell.

Edited by Ken Hairy

Decent lineup, though I’d like to see Sorensen in there, but Rupp has played well when he’s come on, so no complaints about that line up...

12 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Well that's Dowell's NCFC 'career' done and dusted then!  

Looks that way, and Placheta doesn't make the bench despite having  3 DMs on it!

12 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

Was quite excited by the Dowell signing in the summer. Such a shame he got injured.

Not sure if we slightly overrated him in the summer, a quick check of his history shows a decent season on loan 4 years ago at Forest, but some 'meh' looking spells at Sheff Utd, Derby and Wigan. I think the fact none of them signed him permanently is telling. 

1 minute ago, Ken Hairy said:

Not sure if we slightly overrated him in the summer, a quick check of his history shows a decent season on loan 4 years ago at Forest, but some 'meh' looking spells at Sheff Utd, Derby and Wigan. I think the fact none of them signed him permanently is telling. 

I'm certainly not writing him off, but I feel we were getting him at just the right time in his career and he could ignite that 10 position. It may do yet, but he is a level from that atm. His injury certainly has had a part to play, unfortunately

2 minutes ago, Indy said:

Decent lineup, though I’d like to see Sorensen in there, but Rupp has played well when he’s come on, so no complaints about that line up...

There's the difference, Dowell has never really looked at all impressive or played that well when coming on as sub. Hence, he is still on the bench. Mind you, that still leaves us needing a No. 10.

Rupp at 10 is interesting. He's got a much sprightlier turn of pace than Mario and defensively is more diligent, although he's never going to be as incisive with flicks and passes.

Vrancic is similar to Hernandez for me - he's more dangerous against a tiring defence. Rupp's energy is what tires them out.

28 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

A bit slow and leaves a bit a trail.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

No Soto or Martin again, come on Farke sort it out ))

• Haha 1