Sign in to follow this  
Indy

Nip in now and sign Hlozek?

With the premiership looming and the prospect of losing Buendia, just read that Hlozek is available for 20 million! Great prospect and good replacement! 

7 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I've got one of his hosepipes!

Is it good, need a new one, is it with the automatic retractable reel? 👍😂

Edited by Indy

8 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

He sprays the ball around well, apparently. 

• Haha 1

Just now, kirku said:

Don't think he'd get enough points for a work permit..

Talk in Sparta is West Ham are actively linked, not sure about the criteria!

3 minutes ago, Indy said:

Talk in Sparta is West Ham are actively linked, not sure about the criteria!

Tbh I'm not convinced that many people have got their head around the impact (that, or I've got the wrong end of the stick).

He's not played all that many games in the league and only a couple of international apps so I think that makes it very tricky to get to 15 points

Just now, kirku said:

Tbh I'm not convinced that many people have got their head around the impact (that, or I've got the wrong end of the stick).

He's not played all that many games in the league and only a couple of international apps so I think that makes it very tricky to get to 15 points

Yes true but I believe the fee and wages is part of the consideration, for English teams to be looking they must have done their homework I would think? Anyhow just a link as I’ve just been chatting to my Czech cousin about how well Slavia are doing, his name came up as a Sparta youngster who’s really highly thought of.

5 minutes ago, Indy said:

Yes true but I believe the fee and wages is part of the consideration, for English teams to be looking they must have done their homework I would think? Anyhow just a link as I’ve just been chatting to my Czech cousin about how well Slavia are doing, his name came up as a Sparta youngster who’s really highly thought of.

Fee and wages nothing to do with it, I'm afraid.

These are the criteria that I'm aware of off the top of my head:

League appearences, strength of league, international (inc. u21s etc) appearences, quality of international team (by FIFA ranking), appearences in continental competitions. 

There was a temporary panel in the January window that would allow appeals based on potential (which I believe to be the main driver in the Soto recall) but that's no longer the case

Edited by kirku

Are you sure Kirku? I was sure there was a certain wage threshold were a permit would be accepted? Presumably due to amount of tax HMRC would claim?

Saying that its probably a higher point than we're likely to be paying currently anyway. 

"Points are awarded for the previous season or 12 months, in six categories: international appearances, minutes played in domestic competition, minutes played in continental competitions such as the Champions/Europa League, their club’s final league position, how far they progressed in continental competition and the quality of the league their club plays in.

The sliding scales see more points offered for Champions League appearances over Europa League ones, in Germany’s Bundesliga over the Danish Superliga and USA internationals over games for Luxembourg."

From Michael Bailey. Hard cut off of 15 points to get a work permit.

For reference Pukki would've got less than 9 points, as would a vast majority of our recent signings.

4 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Are you sure Kirku? I was sure there was a certain wage threshold were a permit would be accepted? Presumably due to amount of tax HMRC would claim?

Saying that its probably a higher point than we're likely to be paying currently anyway. 

I've not seen it anywhere aside from this thread, to be honest.

I think it'd create a vast loophole if it did exist but I'm neither an expert on this but nor would I be surprised if such muddled thinking was implemented.

Edit: from a quick Google, I can't find any reference to wages or transfer fees being part of the criteria.

Link

Edited by kirku

25 minutes ago, Indy said:

Is it good, need a new one, is it with the automatic retractable reel? 👍😂

Its the magic expanding one. £48.99. Had it two years, the frost must have ruined it. 5 year guarantee so they sent me a brand new one with a new 5 year guarantee.

Other brands of hosepipe are available. Beware of imitations.

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Its the magic expanding one. £48.99. Had it two years, the frost must have ruined it. 5 year guarantee so they sent me a brand new one with a new 5 year guarantee.

Other brands of hosepipe are available. Beware of imitations.

I bought a Hlozek imitation from cherry lane absolute crap, needed this thread earlier

😂

European wonderkids, work permit speculation, and hosepipe reviews. Only on the pinkun.

Edited by kirku
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, kirku said:

I've not seen it anywhere aside from this thread, to be honest.

I think it'd create a vast loophole if it did exist but I'm neither an expert on this but nor would I be surprised if such muddled thinking was implemented.

Edit: from a quick Google, I can't find any reference to wages or transfer fees being part of the criteria.

Link

You're more than likely right, I too am nowhere near claiming to be an expert, just sure I heard this mentioned somewhere (which still doesn't mean it's right of course). 

3 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

You're more than likely right, I too am nowhere near claiming to be an expert, just sure I heard this mentioned somewhere (which still doesn't mean it's right of course). 

It may be related to the temporary appeal panel, with the rationale being that high value players would meet the appeal criteria? 

I believe we had to use various expert views, including the current USA coach, in arguing for Soto's to go through. You can imagine a high transfer fee and wages adding to the body of evidence, but that panel was only for the window just gone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mullet said:

I bought a Hlozek imitation from cherry lane absolute crap, needed this thread earlier

“Other footballers are available”

image.thumb.jpeg.b758e66c3d44c505114c6a9e98daf571.jpeg

2 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

He prefers to be referred to a Gardena now