Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Team for today

Keep it the same four/five matches in a row? Make a couple changes for rest or form?

team.png

As for me- I'm going for one I know will be controversial. Vrancic has not really done much to keep a spot, think giving Dowell a chance to shine is a good idea. Placheta in for Hernandez, giving him a chance to impress seeing as Hernandez did not do so and of course gives a chance for Todd to come on in his place in the second half. Now, Mclean out! I do love him and all, but he deservers a rest- Skipp and Tettey feel like a good, solid and very strong midfield which given we are coming up against a kick you all the time dirty brexit FC style team does feel like we need a much stronger/physical midfield for this one.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

7 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Keep it the same four/five matches in a row? Make a couple changes for rest or form?

team.png

As for me- I'm going for one I know will be controversial. Vrancic has not really done much to keep a spot, think giving Dowell a chance to shine is a good idea. Placheta in for Hernandez, giving him a chance to impress seeing as Hernandez did not do so and of course gives a chance for Todd to come on in his place in the second half. Now, Mclean out! I do love him and all, but he deservers a rest- Skipp and Tettey feel like a good, solid and very strong midfield which given we are coming up against a kick you all the time dirty brexit FC style team does feel like we need a much stronger/physical midfield for this one.

I reckon the only change will be Cantwell for either Vranic or Hernandez.

Vrancic is a tricky one, obviously a decent player but not mobile enough and one free-kick apart at Wycombe, does seem to have lost his goal radar.  It was also noticeable how much better we were against Brum when he was replaced. 
It does seem odd that Dowell hasn’t been given any game time and I’d definitely look to get him in at some point, but today might just be Cantwell for Mario.  I have no qualms about changing a winning side, there’s always improvements that you can make.

Edited by Branston Pickle

11 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

team.png

Did you get your photo of Dowell from a different source from the others? He looks like a ghost. 👻

With Vrancic you now have Dowell (unless he's not impressing in training) & Stieps putting pressure on that No.10 spot. I'd like to give Dowell a chance as we bought him for that position, and needs some games to "get his rhythem" as farke puts it.

Cantwell in for Hernandez, else leave the same. If we get over the finishing line quickly, we'll have games to blood in the alternatives, but lets bag another 3 points first, so strongest line up today

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Vrancic is a tricky one, obviously a decent player but not mobile enough and one free-kick apart at Wycombe, does seem to have lost his goal radar.  It was also noticeable how much better we were against Brum when he was replaced. 
It does seem odd that Dowell hasn’t been given any game time and I’d definitely look to get him in at some point, but today might just be Cantwell for Mario.  I have no qualms about changing a winning side, there’s always improvements that you can make.

Vrancic always seems to do better when he comes on as a sub than when he starts.

1 hour ago, Samwam27 said:

With Vrancic you now have Dowell (unless he's not impressing in training) & Stieps putting pressure on that No.10 spot. I'd like to give Dowell a chance as we bought him for that position, and needs some games to "get his rhythem" as farke puts it.

Cantwell in for Hernandez, else leave the same. If we get over the finishing line quickly, we'll have games to blood in the alternatives, but lets bag another 3 points first, so strongest line up today

Exactly - If it ain't broke don't fix it. It's a team game and Vrancic is an important cog in that even if the goal radar is a bit awry at present. It will come.

All I would do is bring in Cantwell (or substitute one for the other as the game develops) for Onel (he's done nothing wrong) and cameos for others as usual or if needed.

We can truly experiment later once the job is done - not before !

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

team.png

I'd probably put Sorensen in, instead of Tettey. Sorensen has done a brilliant job for us all season

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

team.png

With there being a week between todays fixture and the next would there be any need to rest players. Farke very rarely changes a winning side unless theres an injury.

I think it will be unchanged with Cantwell coming onto the bench.

3 hours ago, The Bristol Nest said:

Same as Brentford except Cantwell in for Hernandez. 

Yeah, this. Would be very surprised if this wasn't the team, unless Cantwell isn't fit to start, in which case it'll be unchanged.

I don't get this clamour for Dowell starting there hasn't been a single sign that he's good enough. 

It'll be the same again unless Cantwell is fit enough to start